Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Suicide Watch posted:

Case in point: Tulsi Gabbard

Also since Turkey has literally invaded Syria when will we see a counterattack? Will be interesting to see how whether Russia favors their naval base or the S-400 sale, or if the S-400 was even delivered

The turks are a historic enemy of the russians are they not? This whole thing has an air of "can go really badly really quickly"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hail ss-18 satan may his passing cleanse the earth

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm just glad trump towers istanbul are so damned nice

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Also also Liz Cheney totally sold out her lesbian sister to score political points

the funny part is that they're both conservative. Mary Cheney was part of a political campaign/PR thing for the keystone pipeline lol.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This sounds absolutely dumb as all gently caress, so it probably happened exactly like this.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1183891108880900097?s=19

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/AllisonFox4News/status/1183892349371457536?s=19

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Ha!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zuckerberg has been holding off the record meetings with Lindsay Graham, Tucker Carlson, and Little Ben Shapiro.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Churchill posted:

There was one guy fairly high up that was hand picked early on, very respected in his field and I think a professor. He did just that, tried to make them realise the mistakes they were making and to just confess the tech didn't actually work and just start over.

He was bullied, forced out and had his name dragged through the mud to such an extent that he ended up killing himself :(

That Works posted:

loving :smith: about the professor. gently caress those people.

was it this professor?

the article is really, really, really bad

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Suicide Watch posted:

Case in point: Tulsi Gabbard

Also since Turkey has literally invaded Syria when will we see a counterattack? Will be interesting to see how whether Russia favors their naval base or the S-400 sale, or if the S-400 was even delivered

According to the media deliveries were made. As far as a counterattack...I don't think Syria can or will try it. Not sure how Russia will flex in this, though.

Milo and POTUS posted:

The turks are a historic enemy of the russians are they not?

Everyone is.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is infuriating

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Shut the gently caress up Chick Cheney.

:eng101:

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

The turks are a historic enemy of the russians are they not? This whole thing has an air of "can go really badly really quickly"

ONWARD TO TSARGRAD

bengy81
May 8, 2010

That Works posted:

This is infuriating

I'm not gonna claim to be an engineer or chemist or doctor or whatever, but I remember reading about her initial ideas and being like WTF is she on, like there are very specific ways clinical diagnostic tests work, and she was just skipping all of it; like she has to be deluded, and was just trying to will her ideas into existence, it doesn't really excuse all the people around her sniffing her poo poo like roses though.
Really, if Trump manages to set off WW3 I'll forgive him if somebody lobs a nuke at the Bay Area, and then another one at Austin or Jackson Hole to pick up any of the stragglers.

Edit:
RE: Liz Cheney. Everything awesome about Wyoming is completely negated by the fact that the state continues to elect Cheney's into powerful positions.

Also the wind loving sucks

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Doc Hawkins posted:

was it this professor?

the article is really, really, really bad

No it was the Chief Scientist. He was scheduled for a deposition and the night before took fatal overdose of asprin and some wine. His wife found him the next morning still barely alive but the liver damage was already done :ohdear:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Elizabeth Holmes started out as “gently caress the haters, make it work.”

This is the sort of attitude society worship sin business leaders. I’ve seen plenty of idiots do it; those of you who follow my professional adventures would know.

Most of them pivot when the laws of nature prove contrarian. Holmes doubled down.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1183936219631280128

Mulvaney's up to his eyeballs too and it would be the most loving 2019 thing if Bolton ends up on the side of good in all this loving nonsense.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

god dammit john bolton is the master of musical chairs

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

god dammit john bolton is the master of musical chairs

No he's not. He's a chickenhawk piece of poo poo. My guess is he's only (probably) going to escape this poo poo relatively scott free because he's been in government long enough to recognize clearly illegal traitorous poo poo (see also: the Iran-Congra affair) and is smart enough to steer clear of it this time around.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
literally the only thing Bolton wanted was to bomb Iran and hes not going to protect a single motherfucker who didnt help him towards that

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

This kind of reminds me of Isaac Asimov's article The Relativity of Wrong which is every bit as relevant today as it was when it was written.

The TLDR is people thinking that that everything that isn't perfectly and completely True must therefore be equally and totally Wrong. Because science was not perfectly and 100% correct about [thing] in the past, the truth about [other thing] is very likely to be in fact the opposite of whatever scientists are saying.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Eyes Have It posted:

This kind of reminds me of Isaac Asimov's article The Relativity of Wrong which is every bit as relevant today as it was when it was written.

The TLDR is people thinking that that everything that isn't perfectly and completely True must therefore be equally and totally Wrong. Because science was not perfectly and 100% correct about [thing] in the past, the truth about [other thing] is very likely to be in fact the opposite of whatever scientists are saying.

so basically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgk8UdV7GQ0

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

No he's not. He's a chickenhawk piece of poo poo. My guess is he's only (probably) going to escape this poo poo relatively scott free because he's been in government long enough to recognize clearly illegal traitorous poo poo (see also: the Iran-Congra affair) and is smart enough to steer clear of it this time around.

why does he get to get away scot free

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

why does he get to get away scot free

If he throws the admin under the bus and isn’t a part of any future admins I’ll be okay with him getting away scot free.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

colachute posted:

If he throws the admin under the bus and isn’t a part of any future admins I’ll be okay with him getting away scot free.

yeah you're right

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He may retire to live among his walrus brethren if he so chooses

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Reuters posted:

Exclusive: Trump lawyer Giuliani was paid $500,000 to consult on indicted associate's firm
Karen Freifeld

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, was paid $500,000 for work he did for a company co-founded by the Ukrainian-American businessman arrested last week on campaign finance charges, Giuliani told Reuters on Monday.

FILE PHOTO: Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani speaks during a rally to support a leadership change in Iran outside the U.N. headquarters in New York City, New York, U.S., September 24, 2019. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/File Photo

The businessman, Lev Parnas, is a close associate of Giuliani and was involved in his effort to investigate Trump’s political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden, who is a leading contender for the 2020 Democratic Party nomination.

Giuliani said Parnas’ company, Boca Raton-based Fraud Guarantee, whose website says it aims to help clients “reduce and mitigate fraud”, engaged Giuliani Partners, a management and security consulting firm, around August 2018. Giuliani said he was hired to consult on Fraud Guarantee’s technologies and provide legal advice on regulatory issues.

Federal prosecutors are “examining Giuliani’s interactions” with Parnas and another Giuliani associate, Igor Fruman, who was also indicted on campaign finance charges, a law enforcement source told Reuters on Sunday.

The New York Times reported last week that Parnas had told associates he paid Giuliani hundreds of thousands of dollars for what Giuliani said was business and legal advice. Giuliani said for the first time on Monday that the total amount was $500,000.

Giuliani told Reuters the money came in two payments made within weeks of each other. He said he could not recall the dates of the payments. He said most of the work he did for Fraud Guarantee was completed in 2018 but that he had been doing follow-up for over a year.

Parnas and Fruman were arrested at Dulles Airport outside Washington last week on charges they funneled foreign money to unnamed U.S. politicians in a bid to influence U.S.-Ukraine relations in violation of U.S. campaign finance laws. The men were preparing to board a plane to Europe.

According to an indictment unsealed by U.S. prosecutors, an unidentified Russian businessman arranged for two $500,000 wires to be sent from foreign bank accounts to a U.S. account controlled by Fruman in September and October 2018. The money was used, in part, by Fruman, Parnas and two other men charged in the indictment to gain influence with U.S. politicians and candidates, the indictment said.

Foreign nationals are prohibited from making contributions and other expenditures in connection with U.S. elections, and from making contributions in someone else’s name.

Giuliani said he was confident that the money he received was from “a domestic source,” but he would not say where it came from.

You know, if you're going to tell lies, at least make the effort to tell plausible lies.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Man one day i wanna be rich enough that i dont know exactly when a couple 6 figure payments hit my accounts

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Stravag posted:

Man one day i wanna be rich enough that i dont know exactly when a couple 6 figure payments hit my accounts

I even know when my $8.50 ATM refund hits every month

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

colachute posted:

I even know when my $8.50 ATM refund hits every month

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

bengy81 posted:

I'm not gonna claim to be an engineer or chemist or doctor or whatever, but I remember reading about her initial ideas and being like WTF is she on, like there are very specific ways clinical diagnostic tests work, and she was just skipping all of it; like she has to be deluded, and was just trying to will her ideas into existence, it doesn't really excuse all the people around her sniffing her poo poo like roses though.
Really, if Trump manages to set off WW3 I'll forgive him if somebody lobs a nuke at the Bay Area, and then another one at Austin or Jackson Hole to pick up any of the stragglers.

Edit:
RE: Liz Cheney. Everything awesome about Wyoming is completely negated by the fact that the state continues to elect Cheney's into powerful positions.

Also the wind loving sucks

Whoa there buddy... I like living in Austin. I don't want my yard to be glassed... Although, i would have to mow it less...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Rudy Giuliani, just your average New Yorker, man of the people, cleaning up the trash ruining your neighborhood

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He's leaving my neighborhood?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

free rib kid

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
John Bolton described Rudy Giuliani as a 'hand grenade' that would 'blow everybody up'
https://amp.insider.com/john-bolton-fiona-hill-white-house-lawyers-giuliani-ukraine-2019-10

Former national security adviser John Bolton was so alarmed by Rudy Giuliani's pressure campaign on Ukraine for dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden that he directed a top aide to tell White House lawyers he wasn't involved, The New York Times reported.

Bolton's directive came after he got into a heated exchange with Gordon Sondland, the US ambassador to the European Union who was part of Giuliani's shadow foreign policy with respect to Ukraine.

"I am not part of whatever drug deal Rudy and Mulvaney are cooking up," Bolton instructed his aide, Fiona Hill, to tell White House lawyers, according to Hill's testimony cited by The Times.

The Times also reported that Bolton described Giuliani as a "hand grenade" that would "blow everybody up."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

His cousin tried for a medal of honor

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Time to spread a little cheer

shot + chaser
https://twitter.com/slpng_giants/status/1183859889157726208

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/swamp_land/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Also the NYC Mayor also said n-word wops on live television today lol (the actual word)

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/swamp_land/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Also the NYC Mayor also said n-word wops on live television today lol (the actual word)

He what now

Additionally-- IDK if this has been posted, but woo, this poo poo's surreal.

https://twitter.com/yarotrof/status/1184027365170700289

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Old Boot posted:

He what now

Additionally-- IDK if this has been posted, but woo, this poo poo's surreal.

https://twitter.com/yarotrof/status/1184027365170700289

I’m kind of surprised that those positions weren’t bombed after they withdrew, even if they took anything sensitive or useful with them.