Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1183681036401741824

Oh no someone is giving away hundreds of dollars of free drugs to kids, I am encouraged to believe.

The best part about this article is it doesn't even say that someone was giving drug-laced candy out to kids, it just says that edibles exist:

quote:

The Johnstown Police Department issued a warning on their Facebook page Thursday morning after authorities said they discovered "Nerds Rope edibles containing 400mg of THC" while fulfilling a search warrant in Stoneycreek Township. The department also recently seized 60 pounds of marijuana from the area, reports CBS Pittsburgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/HanaMichels/status/967873922812198913?s=19

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I have absolutely seen that phrase somewhere else. Years ago.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1183804917116526593?s=19

It starts with a 19 year old dating a 27 year old and then there's some new horrible fact every paragraph.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Eschenique posted:

I have absolutely seen that phrase somewhere else. Years ago.

The Twitter post is from 2018 the quoted post 2017 so years ago is right

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'll go to see Bad Boys 3 and whatever Transformers-related crap he wants as long as Michael Bay gets the movie rights to that and makes it Pain & Gain-style.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Skwirl posted:

It starts with a 19 year old dating a 27 year old and then there's some new horrible fact every paragraph.

Ew he met his future partner when he was nine and she was seventeen.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

There's probably a Korean Thriller about this

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

Necrothatcher posted:

Ew he met his future partner when he was nine and she was seventeen.

It worked out for Padme and Anakin

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Excuse me, Padmé was fourteen, have you never heard the hit song "The Saga Begins" by "Weird Al" Yankovic?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

TinTower posted:

Excuse me, Padmé was fourteen, have you never heard the hit song "The Saga Begins" by "Weird Al" Yankovic?

this was exactly what popped into my head too

trap sprung I guess :v:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Weebly posted:

It worked out for Padme and Anakin

The words "worked out" are doing a loooooot of work in this post.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Memento posted:

no spoilers dickhead

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Memento posted:

they're fictional characters dearie

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

T-man posted:

And I didn't invoke them, you patronising git.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

T-man posted:

He knows that pumpkin.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Bless your hearts.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Turtles all the way down from here.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Skwirl posted:

is this a anime harem visual novel

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Memento posted:

And I didn't invoke them, you patronising git.

oh hun

Skwirl posted:

More ontopically, this is a hosed up situation but take the loving car and use the money for your child, or at least toss it in a college fund.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

mind the walrus posted:

Being devil's advocate, having to deal with addicts trying to get their fix in a healthcare setting is one of the most dangerous and upsetting things an employee and other patients will have to deal with on a regular basis. It is an absolutely soul-draining process to deal with one, even when they're getting their meds and being polite.

So even though addicts are still human beings I understand why they're the first to get blamed.

What's the soul draining part if they're being polite?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bulgarians are the scourge of the earth second only to, yes you know it, the Bulgarians

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Volcott posted:

watching an addict hurt themselves and others is a really drat painful thing, even from a distance.

probably not as bad as being the addict, but there's a reason doctors have a very high suicide rate and it's not just constant, industry wide overwork and private insurance fuckery

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Skwirl posted:

I guess it's not impossible the guy's from a community where being a young parent isn't considered that big of a deal but even then the power dynamic is just completely hosed in every respect.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

working retail near a pharmacy I basically got to watch a normal guy deteriorate in real time after he took up doing heroin. Seeing someone go from normal to a saggy-skinned skeleton man stuffing bottles of lotion down his pants is a pretty big bummer.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Volcott posted:

Most people in healthcare, especially those in frontline roles like doctors, nurses, aides, clerks, etc., chose that industry because they actually do like helping people.

Thus

Watching someone abuse themselves to the point of irreparable damage sucks. Even when everything is otherwise fine--they get their meds on time, don't make a peep of trouble, and your shifts go smoothly it's hard to avoid the existential pain of knowing you're enabling someone and being powerless to stop the cycle. "This is not what I signed up to do" is a common thought.

Caregiver burnout is a very real thing.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its a terrible double edge seeing the addicts trying/getting their pills and then those with chronic long term pain having to get ridiculously restricted now where some doctors will straight up refuse to prescribe any opiate for any reason. Now what are those legit users supposed to do in a time of dire pain and need? Go to the streets? Go to the ER every time? The stress of it all probably doesn't help either.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Bulgarians are the scourge of the earth second only to, yes you know it, the Bulgarians

The eyes have it

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/StephenMangan/status/1183750489227300865

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Imagine someone writing this about say, athletic programs in schools.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Skwirl posted:

:10bux: says the genders are actually reversed and the guy is the 27 yr old

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

:10bux: says the genders are actually reversed and the guy is the 27 yr old

Nah, in that situation he wouldn't have bothered grooming her for so long before "dating" her.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

cinni posted:

Its a terrible double edge seeing the addicts trying/getting their pills and then those with chronic long term pain having to get ridiculously restricted now where some doctors will straight up refuse to prescribe any opiate for any reason. Now what are those legit users supposed to do in a time of dire pain and need? Go to the streets? Go to the ER every time? The stress of it all probably doesn't help either.

ERs in many places won’t give opiates or opioids except in cases of extreme trauma. Even for people with terminal illnesses.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

nerdz posted:

There's probably a Korean Thriller about this

Funny you should mention it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isOGD_7hNIY

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"drat those drug addicts, making it so I can't get the giant bottle full of drugs I need!"

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

twitter.jpg

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

cinni posted:

Didn’t it turn out that opioids actually don’t work all that well for chronic pain? And that Pfizer knew that but pushed doctors to prescribe it anyway?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Didn’t it turn out that opioids actually don’t work all that well for chronic pain? And that Pfizer knew that but pushed doctors to prescribe it anyway?

I don't think so,they're pretty much the only pain killer, everything else used as one treats conditions that cause pain, opioids make pain go away.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Didn't of the drug companies sell a pill they said worked for 12 hours when they knew it only worked for 8 hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Memento posted:

Didn't of the drug companies sell a pill they said worked for 12 hours when they knew it only worked for 8 hours?

No idea, but probably.