Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Grimdude posted:

I'd agree that forcing pure healers into the game was dumb. I personally almost never play healer/support because a) they aren't as fun and b) you're kind of just along for whatever ride your team has in store.

I don't think this is necessarily true. Imo a good healer can carry as much if not more in this game than a good dps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Healers are fun

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I like healing, it's my favorite major role to play in real-time games :shrug:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Healing isn't fun for everyone who is not a healer tho

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I rarely play Healers because I don't have a good sense of how much impact my healing is having. That's why I prefer to either play a passive Healer like Lucio or one who is completely and totally dedicated to Healing and isn't capable of doing much else so I don't get distracted. Full-blown Healers own and I will absolutely die on this hill.

Also Tower Ammo was the best and gave push-heavy, summon-heavy characters a genuine role instead of being lovely Assassins.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Kharazim is the only healer I really Like to play. I'd rather play a bruiser or assassin with good sustain.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
It feels bad when you're about to get a kill or deal some decent damage and a healer just NOPE undos it

Healers in pve are fun, healers in pvp games just drag poo poo out and let people play lazy

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I don't think there is anything wrong with healers in PvP games as long as their presence doesn't completely mess up the flow of the game. Games like Battlefield and Dirty Bomb have medics but they mostly focus on out-of-combat healing and reviving people, which still feels very meaningful AND you get to shoot at people. Even TF2's medic heals much less than a typical healer in Overwatch, his utility is more about buffing other players with overheal and pushing through static defenses with übercharge.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I just play dps stukov so I can go whine that I'm out dpsing the dps in chat.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

That's actually pretty easy to do. Stukov hurts.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
When you slappin 👌

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I didn't mind playing Healer in OW or HotS, once in a while, same with tank. But I liked to rotate, and that was difficult to do when the vast majority of players REALLY don't want to play healer or tank. Literally killed my interest, tbh. Well that, and QM kinda being a dumpster fire for someone like me.

Edit: I really liked playing Stukov in ARAMs.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
it's kinda annoying when a Stukov knocks away a low health enemy you were just about to kill tho

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

it's kinda annoying when a Stukov knocks away a low health enemy you were just about to kill tho

I've done this... :negative: I am sorry. :smith:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
No sweat, we've all hosed up before. I've just learned to ask which ult they're going ahead of time

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Stukovs root owns too, a lot of folks don't seem to take it though.

Big arm pushing a blaze waddling in charging his fire blast is also good.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The only healer ive ever enjoyed playing in any blizz game is Disc Priest in WoW battlegrounds.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

The only healer ive ever enjoyed playing in any blizz game is Disc Priest in WoW battlegrounds.

I just want to give you a retroactive gently caress you for the hours of misery your kind caused me in wow battlegrounds :argh:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Moola posted:

I just want to give you a retroactive gently caress you for the hours of misery your kind caused me in wow battlegrounds :argh:

Yeah it was stupid good how just following the best geared war or rogue around healing them was at winning games even if the rest of the team was mouth breathing idiots.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I used to do similar shenanigans on my paladin. Just being invincible and making a friendly dps pretty much invincible too, completely unbeatable unless the enemy is coordinated (lol) or also healbotting

Wow pvp is the best example I can think of for healers completely dominating the game and making the experience unfun for everyone else

Aaod
May 29, 2004
And now in the modern era you have the same issue with tanks where it takes 4 people beating on them before they will start to go down.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Aaod posted:

And now in the modern era you have the same issue with tanks where it takes 4 people beating on them before they will start to go down.

fun!

wow pvp should be a case study in "how not to design player vs player content"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Oh God now I'm remembering WSG or that other CTF map with prot warrior and bear flag carriers. loving kill me

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

There was a patch today. It changed some inconsequential poo poo and added "Mastery Rings":

If for some reason you're still playing this fuckass game, you can drop 5k gold at Level 15 and 10k gold at Level 25 to make your favorite heroes' feet fancy.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
But it doesn't even ... look neat ... ?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This is a lower effort gold sink than I ever thought possible... impressive.

InformationHigh
Jun 27, 2004

I like how it's barely noticeable compared the ungodly size of whatever level that taunt is.

Anyone have some good Whitemane builds? I used to love playing her but I just can't get a grasp on her new kit.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I heard the AA build is the only game in town now.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
The best build is the one that uninstalls HotS and deletes your Bnet account

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Moola posted:

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Moola posted:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Moola posted:

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Moola posted:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
They nerfed that build in a recent patch.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a thread for getting help with comp is the game dead dead, I started in plat this season and have dropped to silver 1, I feel like it;'s cause I only just started playing this game seriously for the first time and I like playing characters that I *like* from franchises I like?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Probably give an example of a bad draft that happened?

Or what are the heroes that you like? Since some are just always going to be pretty good and other you gotta get a comp to support them.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Venom Snake posted:

Is there a thread for getting help with comp is the game dead dead, I started in plat this season and have dropped to silver 1, I feel like it;'s cause I only just started playing this game seriously for the first time and I like playing characters that I *like* from franchises I like?

Play Nazeebo

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1186326286328827904?s=20

D.Va rework on the way, Deathwing at Blizzcon.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That's actually pretty funny that they're teasing it in that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Now see when it was on fire we all thought it was Deathwing and it was D.Va. So now we're gonna think its D.Va rework but actually it's Deathwing.