Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Those ratings have been so stable for well over a year now, I'm starting to think that might be an artifact of herding by the pollsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Captain Invictus posted:

I apologize for doing this, I generally don't, but I had to take a break from news since trump began turbofucking the kurds. Has there been any GOOD news in the last week?

tunisia successfully had another round of peaceful elections come and go i guess

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Charlz Guybon posted:

Those ratings have been so stable for well over a year now, I'm starting to think that might be an artifact of herding by the pollsters.

Nah, it's just that everyone has already made up their mind. Either you love trump or you don't. It ain't about facts, just allegiances.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Angry_Ed posted:

CNN not liking Donald Trump, apparently

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183908206088728576?s=20

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Ershalim posted:

We do seem to be trending toward an era where people just start annexing land by force again. So that's cool.
off the top of my head i can count crimea, kashmir, now north syria and maybe hong kong, what else am i missing?

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Greenland.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

cargo cult posted:

off the top of my head i can count crimea, kashmir, now north syria and maybe hong kong, what else am i missing?

Alabama was annexed by a sharpie

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Kinda starting to begin to wonder if Nate actually is a statistician journalist.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/ericcolumbus/status/1183914129880473600?s=21

this is actually pretty remarkable

i think this is the first former white house employee to officially tell the white house "your claim of privilege is bullshit and it won't stop our client from testifying"

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

cargo cult posted:

Russia somewhat recently (same regime as now) invaded Georgia.

China has de facto annexed the South China Sea.

China is moving toward annexing Taiwan, too.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That check bounced, buddy. :colbert:

But seriously, think about it. That thought genuinely inhabited Donald Trump's turdy-brain for more than it should've.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Voyager I posted:

Let's not forget that when it comes to deranged foreign policy Trump is already GWB 2.0

Bush unilaterally starting a war under false pretenses and destabilizing the Middle East was loving scary for everyone else. Then we only managed to go one president before somehow finding someone even dumber than that, and I have no idea how the world is ever supposed to trust that America won't random put another irrational, belligerent, treacherous moron in charge of the world's most powerful military.

This. I think the rest of the world gave us a second chance after Bush. Like maybe they thought he was just an anomaly, that America lost its way temporarily. And Obama I think did a decent job of apologizing to our allies for what Bushs craziness. But I don't think we will get a second chance again. Even if we were to elect the most competent, level headed, intelligent president we've ever had our allies know we will only be 4-8 years from electing another psycho fascist. Their foreign policies will probably become more insular, isolationist, and probably right wing without the leadership of the US.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

cargo cult posted:

Gobs of Ukraine too.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Slowpoke! posted:

If I'm China, now is the perfect time to annex Taiwan without much consequence

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Slowpoke! posted:

Russia somewhat recently (same regime as now) invaded Georgia.

China has de facto annexed the South China Sea.

I'll grudgingly grant that the Georgia thing was semi-legitimate - more so than Ukraine, anyway.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I think we probably already discussed this, but I feel like this is yet another smoking gun in a room filled with them

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1183891108880900097

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 15, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Charliegrs posted:

This. I think the rest of the world gave us a second chance after Bush. Like maybe they thought he was just an anomaly, that America lost its way temporarily. And Obama I think did a decent job of apologizing to our allies for what Bushs craziness. But I don't think we will get a second chance again. Even if we were to elect the most competent, level headed, intelligent president we've ever had our allies know we will only be 4-8 years from electing another psycho fascist. Their foreign policies will probably become more insular, isolationist, and probably right wing without the leadership of the US.

not necessarily, there's been a lot of discussion about creating more multipolar / equitable international/global institutions now that the US is no longer a reliable hegemon

shame it had to happen this way

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Did not see this coming

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1183901201206784000

Sitting in jail tonight

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

eke out posted:

i think this is the first former white house employee to officially tell the white house "your claim of privilege is bullshit and it won't stop our client from testifying"

She was never a Trumpist, she was one of those career government people who thought they could do more good trying to advise from inside the WH. It's not surprising that she's not interested in following their script at all

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

Should work well to maybe encourage a mass-effect and lot's more employees come forward before some stupid court intervention (that the courts can't effectively prevent).

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

FlamingLiberal posted:

If I'm China, now is the perfect time to annex Taiwan without much consequence

I used to live in Taiwan. They are fiercely proud of their democracy. They had an election while I was there and it was such a huge deal that I think the riots alone would be enough to scare off China from a full invasion.

Most likely they will continue trying to influence their elections through online propaganda and get a pro-unification government in. Russia has already given them a roadmap on how to do it, and China was already doing it before anyway.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Let me know when he’s convicted

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

10 years, 5 or less with good behavior, back on the force in some podunk shithole shortly thereafter.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

I think we probably already discussed this, but I feel like this is yet another smoking run in a room filled with them

"Ambassador to the EU Gordon Sondland intends to testify Trump told him in the Oval that Ukraine requests had to go through Giuliani...."

"...Trump told him in the Oval that Ukraine requests had to go through Giuliani...."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1183922867265851393

John Bolton: American Hero

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

e.pilot posted:

10 years, 5 or less with good behavior, back on the force in some podunk shithole shortly thereafter.

you misspelled 'acquitted'

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
10 hours of testimony today!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Glumslinger posted:

I think we probably already discussed this, but I feel like this is yet another smoking run in a room filled with them

Honestly, from what I've heard of how Donny runs his poo poo, I'd buy that no one was actually in charge and they both assumed the other guy was. Donny hates order and believes that chaotic, unstructured, subservience to his whims is the best way to run a business/government/Wendy's.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Bolton.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Captain Invictus posted:

I apologize for doing this, I generally don't, but I had to take a break from news since trump began turbofucking the kurds. Has there been any GOOD news in the last week?

There was a story in the Post about a woman finding her lost dog after 12 years. :unsmith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cochise posted:

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Bolton.

I will never hand it to him, but if all this really does turn out to come from Bolton getting war blueballed so hard he lashed out by telling all these people 'wow yea you should tell someone about that' I'm gonna laugh pretty hard

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Too batshit for John Bolton. Not too batshit to blow the whistle himself or do anything that might take him out of position to possibly bomb some people, but beyond a line no one knew existed nevertheless.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Amazing Zimmo posted:

you misspelled 'acquitted'

And you misspelled "given a gun while he is on the stand so he can shoot a random brown person in the jury"

Have I done it, have I won the cynic awards

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
It's been obvious from the beginning, but there's math now

Thread:

"BOMBSHELL: What’s Trump’s most lucrative business?

His CAMPAIGN.

White collar crime expert @tracygreen followed the money.

“PACs, other campaigns and Trump's campaign has spent over over $14 million from 2016 to June 2019 at Trump owned businesses.”"

https://twitter.com/heidi_cuda/status/1183196842915291136?s=21

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1183724254799548418

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Papercut posted:

She was never a Trumpist, she was one of those career government people who thought they could do more good trying to advise from inside the WH. It's not surprising that she's not interested in following their script at all

that doesn't really matter though, even career people not on The Trump Train routinely defer to the Executive when it raises the possibility of a claim of privilege. even very nonpolitical people practically never tell the white house to gently caress off like that letter does

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1183930108886814722?s=19

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oh hell yeah:

quote:

And in a sign the impeachment inquiry is widening, investigators were discussing whether to question John Bolton, Trump’s former national security adviser, according to people familiar with the matter. Bolton was Hill’s direct superior at the NSC.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

eke out posted:

oh hell yeah:

What are the odds Bolton walks in and drops a Money Bin's worth of dimes on Trump in revenge for Turmp screwing him out of his war with Iran and then firing him with a tweet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Calling it now, Bolton good. Bolton... Best!!