Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1183914047860809729
https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1183924751368183808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

There's really nothing to gain for Bolton to do so and I'm guessing revealing what he knows is a detriment to him personally.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Isnt Project Veritas that company that has been caught multiple times producing fake videos and evidence? How are they not all in jail?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
John Bolton has more integrity (not much) than the yahoos running this White House, what a god drat time to be alive.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

Isnt Project Veritas that company that has been caught multiple times producing fake videos and evidence? How are they not all in jail?

James O'Keefe knows someone in Government who can get them out of a jam which is why he escaped prosecution for attempting to bug the office of Senator Mary Landrieu

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

eke out posted:

that doesn't really matter though, even career people not on The Trump Train routinely defer to the Executive when it raises the possibility of a claim of privilege. even very nonpolitical people practically never tell the white house to gently caress off like that letter does

Is there anything that would legally stop their testimony? I've always wondered if the White House claiming executive privilege on everything could be superseded by the employee just saying "well, actually I'm just gonna go and testify, screw it."

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

also

https://twitter.com/ZcohenCNN/status/1183932619542728706

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Furnaceface posted:

Failson privilege.

That's not even the worst thing they've done. Back in the Bush years, o'Keefe was caught bugging a sitting senator's office (in the Capitol?)

EDIT: I forgot about the rape or attempted rapes. Those are obviously worse

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 15, 2019

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Furnaceface posted:

It is, yes. And the reason is... probably the same reason that idiot Jacob Wohl isn't. When the right makes extremist propaganda that results in people being killed, it's free speech. And as you well know, when anyone on the left criticizes a billionaire it's terrorism.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ershalim posted:

It is, yes. And the reason is... probably the same reason that idiot Jacob Wohl isn't. When the right makes extremist propaganda that results in people being killed, it's free speech. And as you well know, when anyone on the left criticizes a billionaire it's terrorism.

It's also free speech when you try to rape a CNN reporter on your sex boat.

Or commit voter fraud (TWICE!)

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1183751346144600065

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Phenotype posted:

Is there anything that would legally stop their testimony? I've always wondered if the White House claiming executive privilege on everything could be superseded by the employee just saying "well, actually I'm just gonna go and testify, screw it."

probably. it depends. they could certainly try some kind of emergency filing, i'm just not particularly sure how unprecedented and/or stupid it would be, in the context of an impeachment inquiry

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Executive priveledge is very clearly defined and no lawyer worth his salt is going to let his client ignore a subpoena over a claim of privilege that is non existant from a legal stand point.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I do not wish the horrible fate of starvation on Milo, but I do wish that he remains destitute for the remainder of his sad life and can only afford to subsist on cup noodles and ramen

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so basically the chain is absolutely gonna end with Trump turning on Rudy, pinning this all on him, and Rudy knifing Trump in revenge, right?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

James O'Keefe's dad is hella rich and knows a bangjillion prosecutors, defense attorneys and judges so the guy coated in the same bubble of legal inertia that Jacob Wohl is.

Angry_Ed posted:

It's also free speech when you try to rape a CNN reporter on your sex boat.

Or commit voter fraud (TWICE!)

He also tried to rape an employee of his in a barn loft with the help of a hired goon after he got away scot-free from the rape boat scheme.

James O'Keefe loving LOVES trying to rape people.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/DevinNunes/status/1183509505318903809

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1183936457926500352

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 15, 2019

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:lol:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Oh good, more inter-nazi slapfighting.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Just love how no matter how deep @jack swallows the boot, the far right still hates him, and does everything it can to poo poo talk his company.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The worst person in New Media is coming guns blazing for the worst of the TechBros while the worst US Representative angles to get in on the action?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'll grudgingly grant that the Georgia thing was semi-legitimate - more so than Ukraine, anyway.

Are you aware of the ethnic cleansing that followed?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

If I'm China, now is the perfect time to annex Taiwan without much consequence

Where's Jeb!? We need the sword of Chang!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i can't believe we've gotten to the point in the hell timeline where John Bolton is a loving fact witness who appears to have done nothing wrong here

also

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1183938308331757568

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

nine-gear crow posted:

The worst person in New Media is coming guns blazing for the worst of the TechBros while the worst US Representative angles to get in on the action?

You forgot Steve King

Nunes is just one of the stupidest

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

eke out posted:

i can't believe we've gotten to the point in the hell timeline where John Bolton is a loving fact witness who appears to have done nothing wrong here

also

We don't know that, I'm sure Bolton did a bunch of bad poo poo he just hasn't gotten caught.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The best part about this is Project Veritas is a legal nothingburger, and if Trump actually tries to use them as testimony or evidence they will get dragged. Hard.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

That cop over his shoulder looks like he came right out of central casting if you sent for a "NYC cop who's on the take from the Mafia but he'll take no poo poo from nobody"

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

also

I mean, the kind of terrors Bolton would unleash on the world are perfectly legal by American (but not international human rights) law.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Piss tape? Is real

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

eke out posted:

also

Just because you're an insane person hell-bent on bringing about the Rapture with nuclear fire, doesn't mean you can't be a principled insane person hell-bent on bringing about the Rapture with nuclear fire.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

If I'm China, now is the perfect time to annex Taiwan without much consequence

It is legitimately extremely hard to invade an island against opposition.

They'd suffer tons of losses, and there's a serious chance attempted landings could fail.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Bolton wants war, not government corruption. When he discovered the admin was all about that corruption and disinterested in war, he was out.

God bless America. Who could have possibly seen this coming? You couldn't write fiction like this.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Bolton didnt want to do crime crimes he just wanted to do war crimes

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah Rudy, this is the perfect time to get everyone thinking of the name Mafia

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FuturePastNow posted:

Bolton wants war, not government corruption. When he discovered the admin was all about that corruption and disinterested in war, he was out.

God bless America. Who could have possibly seen this coming? You couldn't write fiction like this.

'listen guys, I signed up for some very normal WAR crimes, you freaks want to do NORMAL crimes! I'm out!'

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

eke out posted:

also

if nothing else bolton believes in american superiority. it's not that that trump was doing something unconstitutional, it's that it probably put the us at a disadvantage to enrich trump.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

'listen guys, I signed up for some very normal WAR crimes, you freaks want to do NORMAL crimes! I'm out!'

It looks like that's exactly what happened! incredible :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FuturePastNow posted:

It looks like that's exactly what happened! incredible :911:

it's, in retrospect, the ONLY way this could have gone down.