Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

LividLiquid posted:

You don't poo poo on people for not leaving their abuser.

I sincerely hope this is a joke but I’m afraid it’s not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Are we all suddenly pretending Vince isn't abusive to his employees? What am I missing here?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If you criticize Mike Bennett it opens the door to criticize anyone who watches WWE. It’s a slippery slope

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah, he’s not an indentured servant. One would think that two solid months of cuckold storylines since you signed a new contract would encourage a sense of reflection.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

LividLiquid posted:

Are we all suddenly pretending Vince isn't abusive to his employees? What am I missing here?

youre comparing people who have been in actual abusive relationships with someone who signed a contract to work for millions of dollars and is regretting it because he wants both money and to be pushed instead of just money. its a really REALLY lovely thing to make that comparison, especially since so many abusive relationship have the abused fearing for their safety

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
WWE isn't the NXIVM cult, lots of people have left the company of their own free will, and the ones that stay aren't all doing so because Vince brainwashed them. Certainly not in the case of Nakamura, AJ Styles, and Gallows and Anderson. They (and several others) took the money because they knew Vince was willing to pay it, not because they're part of Vince's doomsday cult.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Financial abuse is a thing but there's no need to attribute particular villainy to Vince, at least no more than any other gig economy employer

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
vince raped a woman

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MotU posted:

youre comparing people who have been in actual abusive relationships with someone who signed a contract to work for millions of dollars and is regretting it because he wants both money and to be pushed instead of just money. its a really REALLY lovely thing to make that comparison, especially since so many abusive relationship have the abused fearing for their safety
If you word it that way, yes, it does sound like the first worldiest of first world problems, but everything we've heard about Vince over the years is that he tears you down to the point that you'll do just about anything for his approval, so imagine living that life. Suddenly the person who's been telling you you're not even worth being on TV tells you that you're great, promises you the world, and writes a number on a piece of paper that's more money than you could ever want, and after years of having your spirit broken, that's an incredibly alluring thing, and it isn't because of the money. It's because "why would he pay me this much if he isn't telling the truth?" Then he immediately humiliates you on national television and kicks you off TV without so much as resolving your story.

Jericho isn't stupid. Mox isn't stupid. And both of them fell for this trick. Several times, in Jericho's case.

It's the TVIV problem. Yes, if everybody acted rationally and logically as we would like them to from our huge chasm of distance away from the situation, they would clearly see they were doing something stupid.

Bennett doesn't want that money. He wants to leave the company and his abusive boss won't let him. The "no sympathy" crowd is literally taking the side of an abusive billionaire who psychologically manipulates people. I wouldn't care if Bennett was as stupid as you think he is. I'd still take his side.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
making fun of mike isn’t the same as taking vince’s side

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
and its still extremely lovely to make that comparison to people in actual abusive relationships.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lol i mean i wish mike bennet could leave like he wanted to, that would be the right and just thing

but that isnt and option and he knows it, idk what him sending that tweet is supposed to accomplish other than him going whoops i hosed up and i guess us feeling bad from him loving up? you're right, it did happen to mox and jericho, but they did get out and i had hoped that it would lead to more guys being like "drat maybe they're on to something" and not taking more money to go back to whats been happening for years and years, but i guess not

sure, i feel bad for him, he made the obvious choice for his family and future security, and now he realized he shouldve made the choice to do what he loves, but this is so far from an abusive personal relationship imo since he knew he could've left, didn't, and now gets to sit in catering making millions of dollars for him and his family

what he should do is spearhead the first wrestlers union, like i keep saying

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He should raise hell backstage all the drat time and get released. They will do it if you stop trying to act like you have "dignity" and "self-respect" and so on. only Enzo and Cass had the guts

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cavauro posted:

He should raise hell backstage all the drat time and get released. They will do it if you stop trying to act like you have "dignity" and "self-respect" and so on. only Enzo and Cass had the guts

i bet he gets future endeavored quick as gently caress if he starts organizing and lobbying for better rights/working conditions!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let me clarify that i mean guts to act on how stupid and disruptive they were. i realize they did not intend to be released.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

boxcarhobo posted:

i bet he gets future endeavored quick as gently caress if he starts organizing and lobbying for better rights/working conditions!

This is a really good idea no wrestler has tried yet. Start leaving flyers about unionizing and worker's rights backstage. Tweet about the independent contractor horseshit.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I've thought attempting unionization would be the best way to get booted from WWE for awhile now, but I wonder if it'd jeopardize your chances elsewhere as well if word got out

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 15, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

boxcarhobo posted:

its gonna own so hard when it turns out its an angle anyway

It would be beautiful if Maria managed to grift Vince again by convincing him to let Mike go out and do indy bookings as a fake free agent ala Brian Pillman.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I've thought attempting unionization would now be the best way to get booted from WWE for awhile now, but I wonder if it'd jeopardize your chances elsewhere as well if word got out

ahhh yeah true, drat this carny business

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Also Bennett isn't some naive rube fresh from the local indies in Bumblefuck, Indiana, with starry-eyed dreams of making it big in WWE one day. He's been around the business for a while, he knows people--including his own wife--who've had first-hand experience of working for Vince and WWE, along with his own experiences there. And he still chose to sign the deal. If Vince promised him the moon without Bennett getting it in writing, that's less Vince being a master psychological manipulator and more just Bennett being a bad businessman.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1183945245878177792

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
leave itoh alone

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

MotU posted:

leave itoh alone
Its a good tweet

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i wasnt talking to you

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think the tweets need to be posted in all capital letters to really take off

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MotU posted:

i wasnt talking to you

You were talking to him you son of a bitch

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Ito sex words learned gimmick is getting old especially when her coworker Kamiyu is crafting such bizarre tweets without any effort.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

want that Valentino Rossi can

wait til she learns what WLF means

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

You were talking to him you son of a bitch

i thought you were only going to post once a month

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1182936041898029056

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't even need to look at my tl to know Chris Brookes is back in Japan

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1183975615084384256?s=20

There’s probably a dril tweet for this

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol Seth is such a lost cause

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Although I've come to accept that referee stoppage is fine for any match type, the way WWE handled it and those sorts of tweets from Seth just do not help.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It's gonna end in a count out when Seth disappears entirely up his own rear end mid-match and can no longer be found.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
RavenWhatAMark.gif

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE claiming it was a ref stoppage is gaslighting

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I spent 10 minutes making absolutely sure this next one wasn't from a fake account:

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1183989685531496448

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Ref stoppage can be a deflating finish, but it is a good tool to pull out occasionally when you want to show how dominant one wrestler is while protecting the other from a direct, definitive loss, because they can come back at a later date (or the next night on Raw, since putting a feud on the backburner isn't something they know how to do) and challenge again without having eaten a pin or having tapped out. Alternately you have one like Tanahashi vs Suzuki from 2018 where Tanahashi loving lost that one, no question, but he refused to give Suzuki the satisfaction of a tapout, so Red Shoes had to call it.

Of course WWE did the absolute loving worst ref stoppage finish I've ever seen, as evidenced by the fact that A) everyone thought it was a DQ for kicking too much rear end, B) everyone hated it, and C) it sucked rear end and was bad. And also because they did a loving NO CONTEST IN A HELL IN A CELL THE PREVIOUS loving YEAR.

Also the ref apparently didn't need to stop it because Wyatt just got up and slapped on a mandible claw a couple minutes later anyway, no-selling the fact that he was apparently in danger if the ref didn't stop the match. Granted I know Wyatt got a concussion at some point so that probably contributed to him not doing anything for the last 5 minutes of the match but it was still a Really loving Stupid way to handle it.

TriffTshngo fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It was a DQ. They announced it in social media as such. Don’t let their revisionism poison your brain!