Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sotsa
Jul 21, 2008

Furious birdnipples.
Pulled out the ole wacom and did a self portrait.
Turned out kinda janky but t'was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I've been out of town and couldn't post, but managed to get some inks done each day for Inktober days 10-13

Three brush pen doggos and one sumi ink portrait

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

heavy liquid posted:

I've been out of town and couldn't post, but managed to get some inks done each day for Inktober days 10-13

Three brush pen doggos and one sumi ink portrait

I see 4 portraits...

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

It is me, I am called Ash, so I drew me. The bf is stunningly bad at photography, that's the best pic ot I swear thirty he took. At least the cat looks ok.

Trying a more sketchy style, which I swear physically hurt to do, chicken-scratch fugly bullshit I did not enjoy that.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Decided to start trying to do an Inktober catchup.

Prompts 1 and two in which my skill level is vastly behind my idea

Back on familiar ground Kitty!

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Dryad

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Keetron posted:

I see 4 portraits...

lol, very true! I should've clarified only one hooman portrait.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

lofi posted:

A great bit of advice I heard is to use your third colour to lead the eye rather than to get more accurate rendering - notice how it's used on the detective's face in your example. So using it in the background is a mistake, as it dilutes the effect.

Yes, I can see how that makes the image flat. For the second try I tried to use the background more like a shadow.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Pegasus

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I haven't finished a portrait in a long while. Referenced from some Swedish actress

Sotsa
Jul 21, 2008

Furious birdnipples.
Hamfistedly trying to actually make the type of dumb joke i base a lot of my pictures on understandable.

Also trying to figure out gravitational lensing around some guy's face is hard lol.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Feeling like poo poo. Doing an art stream for the next three hours.

https://stream.shinmera.com

Shitposting is welcome!

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 14, 2019

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Leaf dress is like an art student rite of passage, I think.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Sotsa posted:

Hamfistedly trying to actually make the type of dumb joke i base a lot of my pictures on understandable.

Also trying to figure out gravitational lensing around some guy's face is hard lol.

That's badass

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Owlbear

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Sotsa posted:

lofi posted:

Leaf dress is like an art student rite of passage, I think.

Both really good!

Here is my #14 prompt: overgrown

poo poo, I see I forgot to post #13 Ash yesterday:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Alright, I think I got a final character design for my protagonist now.

Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback, it was very useful!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plus a few costumes err armor sets. No mage dresses, the cloth armor class in my game are suits:

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
I have somehow managed to keep up with Inktober this year.

Sotsa posted:

Gravitational lensing guy is perfect.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

gmc9987 posted:

I absolutely love these

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

gmc9987 posted:

These are all great! I think Dragon and Overgrown are my favourites.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

drew a chair

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
More inktober.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

gmc9987 posted:

Yeah.. this is really good.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

I love him :allears:

Went out of town, so fell behind again.
Keeping the Adventure Zone theme going

Messed up the colors, so went with the WIP lineart instead

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

gmc9987 posted:

I'm just in love with these, especially overgrown. It reminds me of a Miyazaki concept drawing. Great stuff!

Working on inktober and getting into being creative again made me reflect a lot on motivation and depression, so I've been working on this short comic about my experience living with it. Only got these two panels inked tonight, but it's exciting to be working on it even with such a heavy subject. I think I'm going to redraw these two panels, but it feels really cathartic getting it out there!

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Day 14 Overgrown

Chip McFuck posted:

I'm just in love with these, especially overgrown. It reminds me of a Miyazaki concept drawing. Great stuff!

Working on inktober and getting into being creative again made me reflect a lot on motivation and depression, so I've been working on this short comic about my experience living with it. Only got these two panels inked tonight, but it's exciting to be working on it even with such a heavy subject. I think I'm going to redraw these two panels, but it feels really cathartic getting it out there!

Fun isn’t the right word for the subject... but that’s some fun pictures

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Did some more inktobering.

Based on a photo of friend snuggled up with his pup.

Some critical thought on ink and art vis-a-vis Picasso.

Previously mentioned friend as envisioned in the Odessa Steps scene of Battleship Potemkin.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My first and probably last self-portrait. Feels weird drawing yourself.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Bulette

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Bought a set of Daniel Smith dotcards and made a new book for swatches and mixcharts.

This is Legend, for todays inktober.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Didn't really catch his likeness, couldn't be bovvered to spend ages fiddling. Will Smith in I am Legend

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Modron

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
I made an inktober drawing for Dragon day and it suuuuuuuucked so hard. So today I made a sketch, dug out my old Good Ink and found that it had turned to a lump. No matter, just use the still-pretty-good-but-not-as-dark-ink and get to it! I swipe across the paper to start and quickly remember why traditional can be so frustrating. The smallest molecyle of the crusted ink had dropped on the paper when I forced the container open and now there is a light line near the left ear where I swiped it off. I'm gonna hide it later in the background when I see how much watercolour the ink can take before it leaks. Tomorrow. 'Cause I already found out the answer is "not much" on the same day.

Chip McFuck posted:

I love seeing how other people personify or ..uh, concretisize their depression. Also waddup depression-comic buddy yeeeeah get that poo poo out and on paper!

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Love these.

Inktober 2019

"Ash"

"Overgrown"

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 16, 2019

bij
Feb 24, 2007

A Muteenglian stojjglunt in search of scrumptious ponff bulbs:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

sigma 6 posted:

Love these.

Inktober 2019

"Ash"

"Overgrown"

Thanks! I also like these quite a bit, especially Ash. She's giving me Marla vibes from Fight Club.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

<3 Quink. Pretty pleased with the dog too, he's got the proper mournful expression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I am completely drained from any creative juices this inktober and I hate everything black and white. 15 days to go.