Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like how people keep mentioning that they're Christians in exactly the right place to let you know that that's supposed to mean it's somehow worse than if they were Muslims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

empty whippet box posted:

I like how people keep mentioning that they're Christians in exactly the right place to let you know that that's supposed to mean it's somehow worse than if they were Muslims

They're trying to rope in a large portion of the country into caring

And yeah, those people care for entirely wrong reasons and it's not gonna work on most of them but I'd rather they try to get them on the right side

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Someone rightfully said in other thread, it looks like he is on a toilet

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1183981910789414912?s=19

The web of Crime is very confusing
https://twitter.com/whitehouse_247/status/1183978117527822336?s=19

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 15, 2019

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Earlier today trump compared what we were doing there to "securing the border" here.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
https://twitter.com/govstitt/status/1183875124254126089?s=21

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

https://twitter.com/Super70sSports/status/1101622725104275456?s=19

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

He clearly meant, 'play Chvrches', nbd.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Fallom posted:

I don’t think it’s likely Congress will push this too hard because they would then own the decision to send American troops back into a situation much more likely to get them killed. It’s not like they can order the military to do this, so they’d have to find some way to push Trump around (admittedly, not hard).

Speaking in the abstract, what happens if Congress declares war and the president doesn't want to play along ?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

mllaneza posted:

Speaking in the abstract, what happens if Congress declares war and the president doesn't want to play along ?

We've only declared war in five different conflicts.

Britain in 1812, Mexico in 1846, Spain in 1898, the Central Powers in WWI and the Axis Powers in WWII.

If the House and Senate were stirred enough to actually declared war on a country, it would be politically suicidal for the President to obstruct that.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wait, this guy's the governor of oklahoma? What's the catch?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

Whitewashing a history of genocide and celebrating Native Americans "planting churches".

E: But surely when he says "Our state’s indigenous people were the first to build businesses and roads for transportation" he means "for thousands of years before European settlers showed up".

EE: Stitt is Cherokee, so I'm probably wrong here!

Stickman fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 15, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr Interweb posted:

he's a business wing republican but also happens to be Cherokee

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

Mr Interweb posted:

I don’t think there’s a catch here, Stitt is Cherokee.

Kale
May 14, 2010

He really does sound like a mafia boss here.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

Some Googling indicates Columbus Day wasn't also abolished. So there's that?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Courtesy of a fellow goon (sorry I can't find the post on my phone):

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1184022812190822400?s=20

:psyduck:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I'm honestly curious how many times (if any?) US and Russian sof have encountered eachother face to face in the last 30 years. Aside from how loving insane it is that US and Russians are cooperating against a NATO member, afaik it's entirely unprecedented to have them anywhere near eachother, much less helping.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Data Graham posted:

He could have stayed in for like one more month and had his name all over the Kurds thing

This isn't the type of war that sustains his dark soul. This is the US making GBS threads themselves and literally helping the Russians. It's the making Mr. Mxyzptlk say his name backwards of wars.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Someone rightfully said in other thread, it looks like he is on a toilet

Here's a "fun" game: Try and find a picture of Donny sitting that doesn't look like he's sitting on a toilet.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Gyges posted:

Here's a "fun" game: Try and find a picture of Donny sitting that doesn't look like he's making GBS threads on a toilet.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Just call it a surrendur at this point.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019
Where do the Kurds, Assad regime, and Russia stand at this point? Are they going to defend the Kurds or welcome them getting wiped out?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

lurker2006 posted:

Where do the Kurds, Assad regime, and Russia stand at this point? Are they going to defend the Kurds or welcome them getting wiped out?

According to the radio. Assad is going to protect the Kurds from Turkey but they will most certainly lose their autonomy.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

GreyjoyBastard posted:

he's a business wing republican but also happens to be Cherokee
Is that historic?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It sure is funny how Trump keep doing these international politics bombs that plays into Russian interests time and time again.

I mean the fact that Trump caved like a wimp to Erdogan, can you imagine how dangerous a phonecall with Putin is to the rest of the world?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

BigglesSWE posted:

It sure is funny how Trump keep doing these international politics bombs that plays into Russian interests time and time again.

I mean the fact that Trump caved like a wimp to Erdogan, can you imagine how dangerous a phonecall with Putin is to the rest of the world?

I truly believe that if Putin wanted Alaska, Trump would allow Russia to "peacefully" annex the entire state and would forbid the military from responding. He really loves his fascist strong men.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Alaska might be pushing it.

But the Baltic states are living on the edge right now.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Yeah, the Aleutian Islands might be a more realistic ask.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

I think everyone with an IQ over 80 realizes that Trump is a Putin proxy by now.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The real thing that surprises me is that Trump as a stooge was known since Hillary made comments during the election and both the GOP and Democrats knew of Russian interference. Mitch McConnel did nothing and intentionally did not pass a bill that would protect 2020 elections. He is also having Russian interests invest in Kentucky.

How is Trump still being listened to and how is Mitch Mconnell not in prison for treason? How many of US govt politicians are bought by foreign interests especially when Citizens United opened the US up for sale? The GOP and conservatives are for sure if the NRA is anything to go by.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Ripoff posted:

I truly believe that if Putin wanted Alaska, Trump would allow Russia to "peacefully" annex the entire state and would forbid the military from responding. He really loves his fascist strong men.

He'd trade Alaska to Russia in exchange for Greenland because Putin convinced him it's a Russian territory

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Bolton is probably just a huge Ellen fan and figures taking out Trump plus war crimes is the best way to ingratiate himself.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

SchrodingersCat posted:

I think everyone with an IQ over 80 realizes that Trump is a Putin proxy by now.

Excuse me, Trump's IQ is nearly 83 and he doesn't realize he's a Putin proxy; he thinks he's a smart and handsome manipulator.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Bolton is probably just a huge Ellen fan and figures taking out Trump plus war crimes is the best way to ingratiate himself.

Apparently that’s way more effort than it would take.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Gatts posted:

The real thing that surprises me is that Trump as a stooge was known since Hillary made comments during the election and both the GOP and Democrats knew of Russian interference. Mitch McConnel did nothing and intentionally did not pass a bill that would protect 2020 elections. He is also having Russian interests invest in Kentucky.

How is Trump still being listened to and how is Mitch Mconnell not in prison for treason? How many of US govt politicians are bought by foreign interests especially when Citizens United opened the US up for sale? The GOP and conservatives are for sure if the NRA is anything to go by.

My theory for a while has been that the GOP and the wealthy know that the US is heading for existential crisis within the next 100 years and are in pillaging mode.

I also feel like the Democratic party is complicit in this since it's pretty obvious they are aware and are doing nothing about it.

I keep trying to get my wife to agree to move out of the country but she is having none of it

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

SchrodingersCat posted:

My theory for a while has been that the GOP and the wealthy know that the US is heading for existential crisis within the next 100 years and are in pillaging mode.

I also feel like the Democratic party is complicit in this since it's pretty obvious they are aware and are doing nothing about it.

I keep trying to get my wife to agree to move out of the country but she is having none of it

I think they also know about climate change and the world over are trying to horde as many resources and wealth as possible because they think it will save them. They’re selling everyone up river for it.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Yeah about that, all the money in the world won't buy you an apple after they've gone extinct. Fuckers.
Apparantly all the mega rich have bought themselves New Zealand citizenship because somehow NZ won't be affected and also doesn't actually exist on maps or something.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Gatts posted:

I think they also know about climate change and the world over are trying to horde as many resources and wealth as possible because they think it will save them. They’re selling everyone up river for it.

One of the most perplexing opinions I've heard about climate change came from somebody who had determined that it absolutely was a thing, that it was manmade and would destroy us all in a matter of decades if left unchecked, and concluded that it was better to implement smaller, more gradual changes instead of changes that might address it. Their conclusion was that it was better to do something that meant nothing rather than try to make a difference and fail. Some folks can be puzzlingly nihilistic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

I know that Impeachment talk is all the rage right now because the Mattering appears to have arrived at last, but don't forget that Virginia is having an election on the 5th of November and we are only a few seats away from flipping both houses. There are 2 seats in particular that are vulnerable and could use a cash infusion if yall got coffee money to spare. Let's keep out eye on the ball here and claim the capital of the Confederacy for progressive values!

Also, come visit the GoonPAC thread for other candidates that you can start putting in work for. Remember that you don't just need to donate cash. Time and skills are equally valuable commodities in the fights that are underway. Remember that primary candidates are blackballed from a lot of the normal vendors that service campaigns so if you got Photoshop skills, videography skills, editing skills, nebulous generalities that are skill adjacent you can donate those to campaigns if you don't have the spare scratch.

friendbot2000 posted:

Aight folks, we are now half a month away from VA elections! Remember to donate whatever you can to the two defending GoodDems.txt : Hala Ayala and Lee Carter. Ayala and Lee are the two probably most vulnerable of the newDems and we want to keep them there so we can repeal Right to Work, ratify the ERA, and get a state level GND going in VA.

Hala Ayala doesnt take a dime from Dominion Energy(Power company that poisons our rivers and runs this loving state) so she is SORELY needed in Richmond to kick Dominion Power up and down the halls of the state house.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ayala

And as usual, my shill for my boi Lee Carter. This motherfucker has the amazing balls to tell me this past Saturday that "There is absolutely nothing special about me", not realizing that acknowledging that is what makes him so goddamn special.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/carterforva2018