Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Vinny is the best one because he reps Beef Block in all its forms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Croc posted:

I like how Bryan brings back the phones and the first caller has the shittiest phone on tonights WOL.

That was incredible. You can hear his soul draining from his body as Hymie starts to talk and immediately drops out.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm really enjoying the B&V NXT/AEW recaps just because it's fun listening to them recap good shows for once. :shobon:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CascadeBeta posted:

I'm really enjoying the B&V NXT/AEW recaps just because it's fun listening to them recap good shows for once. :shobon:

You should check out the earlier NWA shows qhere its prime Four Horsemen or The Varsity Club hunting rats with spikes or The Sheepherders they are so happy to see great promos again. Sadly theyre at the part where Jim Crockett is essentially over but it did introduce the world to Don Valentine.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Incessant Excess posted:

It's just not what the show is intended to be but I'd like it if they toned down the amount of recap and increased the talk about what they did/didn't like and why. Just saying what happened in a match without much opinion/analysis is pretty boring if you've already seen it for yourself and heard a different recap of it too.

i don't actually watch most of the shows so i'd rather they actually tell me what happened rather before Dave starts talking about something for 20 minutes without explaining what it was

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Late Betrayal to AEW from an unexpected source

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1182889946530500608

Edit: Also lol Dave is as tall as Cole and probably more jacked

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

look at this dude

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
first AEW cant pay its wrestlers so they have to make Patreons, now they cant even pay their journalists? smdh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dave owning the bald spot. I respect it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Smdh at Dave selling out by wearing a normal adult shirt.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Incessant Excess posted:

Smdh at Dave selling out by wearing a normal adult shirt.

And those jeans... they're not even fashionably ripped

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Saying somebody is less jacked than Dave should not in any way be seen as a condemnation of the other person. Dave is loving jacked!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Cole being taller than him means Dave can at most be 5'11". I had no idea he was a manlet.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
wrestling observer does not have a wellness policy

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GoutPatrol posted:

And those jeans... they're not even fashionably ripped

They still have the weird bleach look going straight up the front of the leg, cut the man some slack!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gumball Gumption posted:

look at this dude

no no NO NO NO

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Dave is leaning back with his behind touching the poster so he's definitely slouching in some fashion. We also can't see Adam Coles feet so he could be standing on a box.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Incessant Excess posted:

Cole being taller than him means Dave can at most be 5'11". I had no idea he was a manlet.

Dave is noticeably shorter than 5’11”. Off meeting him in Chicago, I’d have to guess 5’6”.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i found a much cheaper version of the corn mouse here in case anyone is interested but doesn't want to pay 10 dollars for a corn mouse

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Punch McLightning posted:

Dave is noticeably shorter than 5’11”. Off meeting him in Chicago, I’d have to guess 5’6”.

Also met him in Chicago. I'm 5'10'' and he was not taller than me.

Lovely guy, though.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

obviously not a great picture, but Bryan is billed at a very generous 5'7"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dave is 4'9'' Adam Cole is 3'7'' Here's a youtube video

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Dave is hunching over to make Adam "Manlet" Cole feel better about himself

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Aye Doc posted:

obviously not a great picture, but Bryan is billed at a very generous 5'7"

Man, Dave's son grew up a lot faster than I expected

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Man, Dave's son grew up a lot faster than I expected

The American Dirtsheet, Cody

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://youtu.be/sgrLig5L0-I?t=99

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

If I remember correctly from the times I met him, 5'7'' seems about right for Bryan.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
when exactly in the timeline are they stopping the retro reviews? I'd love to have a review of X-Seven as the series finale of the whole thing, I think that's a more meaningful endpoint than just the last episode of nitro

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Low Desert Punk posted:

when exactly in the timeline are they stopping the retro reviews? I'd love to have a review of X-Seven as the series finale of the whole thing, I think that's a more meaningful endpoint than just the last episode of nitro

They haven't set it for certain, I don't think. I wonder if they're do the invasion, but X-7 is a great end point.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I would really like them to keep going through the invasion because I've ever watched any of that stuff myself besides random matches or kurt angle milk baths.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Commence "Tell Me A Lie" phase one:

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1183607460793372677

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Even granny reviews can’t make me give a single poo poo about 205 Live, I wish she’d review more weird old stuff and poorly-researched video listicles

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bryan was on talk is jericho but it was almost entirely about his 100 things book and not very interesting.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I liked it, particularly Jericho being startled and asking fascinated questions when Bryan told him about his relationship with Benoit, which Jericho was completely unaware of.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Bryan mentioned Benoit killing his family and in my head I heard him saying “someone in back?”

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

mariooncrack posted:

Bryan mentioned Benoit killing his family and in my head I heard him saying “someone in back?”
Obligatory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAR-DurmA6o

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

I liked it, particularly Jericho being startled and asking fascinated questions when Bryan told him about his relationship with Benoit, which Jericho was completely unaware of.

I think it would be much better if it was more recent. Instead they're talking about AEW from months ago, plus the awkward relationship between it been a WWE book they're selling, but neither wants to bad mouth them despite not liking WWE.

And yeah the Benoit insights were good. Poor Jericho, he's had to deal with that trauma so much.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan sounds exactly like J-Ru this morning :xd:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jesus WEP posted:

Bryan sounds exactly like J-Ru this morning :xd:

Dave just saying "Eric Bischoff is really high on Baron Corbin" is so good

"There's a lot of unanswered questions aren't there?" "You're telling me."

At this point I live for Dave trying to make sense of this loving company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wrong thread :(

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 15, 2019