Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

According to the police, electrician Mohammad Rafique didn't file any complaint against Ali Raza, caretaker of congregation hall Sada-e-Imam Hussain, as he had been promised proper treatment of injuries received in the lion attack.

But when Raza refused to get his wounds treated and pay the compensation he had promised, Rafique lodged the complaint, the police said.

"Oh man I'm sorry, sometimes I just get in my lion mood, look I'll pay for whatever little scratches or nibbles sweet fluffy did"

"Wait is this a bill for major surgery? gently caress you I'm not paying for that!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Shame Boy posted:

"Oh man I'm sorry, sometimes I just get in my lion mood, look I'll pay for whatever little scratches or nibbles sweet fluffy did"

"Wait is this a bill for major surgery? gently caress you I'm not paying for that!!"

I for one am shocked by that turn of events

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lancemantis posted:

I hate these people so much; one of them was whining that the state bankrupted poor pg&e over Acts of God that were entirely outside their control; the well known act of your poorly maintained infrastructure falling apart and sparking major wildfires for multiple years in a row

do they think pg&e-san is going to notice them and give them a rate cut or something?

they provide power to marvel studios to make their costumed punchman movies

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://twitter.com/p_feif80/status/1183777402033295360

:hai:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

those are personalized, what have you been searching recently? :barf:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Those look like poorly masked sex objects

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

lancemantis posted:

Those look like poorly masked sex objects

That appears to be exactly what they are.

T-man posted:

C-SPAM: Unintelligible Garbage for Insane People › Doomsday Economics: recession take my energy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6IQ_FOCE6I

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

T-man posted:

it looks like facebook ad, i could believe that their targeted ads include "furry" somehow

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it looks like facebook ad, i could believe that their targeted ads include "furry" somehow

There was a thing recently where Converse tried to stick their noses in furry fandom, and I'm pretty sure Twitter has it tagged as a category.

Capitalism will eat up everything, and not in a horny vore way.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

foobardog posted:

There was a thing recently where Converse tried to stick their noses in furry fandom, and I'm pretty sure Twitter has it tagged as a category.

........but also in a horny vore way

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

foobardog posted:

It'll definitely do it in a horny vore way too. If it's profitable.

And if hentai has taught me anything, it's profitable.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Larry Parrish posted:

our political system is insanely violent anyway. if anything the glorious worker's revolution, even if it started with every cop and bougioise up against a wall, would be overall less violent lol. or do you think having a bunch of unaccountable people that can take your job or your home or your freedom or your life at basically any time isnt violence?

Seriously. How many people have been murdered by their health insurance company?

Hawks have been trying to sell war on Iran for decades but no Iranian ever denied my health insurance claim.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I like the autism skull

Do you think it's like one of these "print your own/AI generated t-shirt" things where there isn't any real stock, or is there a warehouse full of autism skulls somewhere?

Colonel Cancer has issued a correction as of 02:20 on Oct 15, 2019

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Colonel Cancer posted:

I like the autism skull

Do you think it's like one of these "print your own/AI generated t-shirt" things where there isn't any real stock, or is there a warehouse full of autism skulls somewhere?

152 have been sold, so at least we know there's more than 100. Autism Speaks (the people who use the puzzle piece as the logo) aren't good people, but it's still a cool skull.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
making the autism symbol a puzzle piece seems like a cruel joke

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

making the autism symbol a puzzle piece seems like a cruel joke

autism speaks is more worried about making sure people know how good austism parents are for dealing with their burden than with being good for autistic people.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
all the people involved in these "awareness" campaigns should be sent to the loving gulag to learn a skill

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Warmachine posted:

That appears to be exactly what they are.

C-SPAM: Unintelligible Garbage for Insane People › Doomsday Economics: recession take my energy

they are not. I don't think anyone would want to put their dick in the dog foot washer:

Here's a demonstration of the stupid thing

The chew toy looks pretty furry adjacent but its probably only like 30 cm tall. This is just another example of those weird marketing algorithms that found when they posted the weird poo poo from a catalog with thousands of items they got a bunch of wtf clicks, and optimization kept making it weirder and weirder. It looks like a display for furry sex freaks because thousands of trials have found that looking like furry sex poo poo catches your attention.

Me I just get tons of adds for clothing that looks like this:

https://twitter.com/Azi/status/1061785620153012226?s=20

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The only ads I see anymore are the ones on the apple news app, and it has decided what I really want is teeth straightening/whitening.

Maybe my phone actually is watching me through it's camera?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

T-man posted:

152 have been sold, so at least we know there's more than 100. Autism Speaks (the people who use the puzzle piece as the logo) aren't good people, but it's still a cool skull.

the punisher is a fascist, is the joke, i think

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
woke inclusive fascism is basically the capitalism end goal

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

what’s wrong with autism speaks

also cbs is apparently running a class war series now, and are starting with my alma mater

quote:

Today "CBS This Morning" launches a new series called "The Price You Pay." It looks at who is getting rich while so many Americans fall behind.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/as-states-cut-funding-for-higher-education-universities-use-lavish-perks-to-compete-for-students/

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

a fatguy baldspot posted:

what’s wrong with autism speaks

they have literally no actual autistic people speaking

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

they have literally no actual autistic people speaking

they tend to focus more on lower functioning autistic folks, who the higher functioning representation groups tend to forget/want to be forgotten, and massively fund behavioral and biological research into it. they definitely have problems but they’re a good and important charity in the wider autism world

edit wanna make it clear that punisher puzzle piece skull is awful lmao

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

they tend to focus more on lower functioning autistic folks, who the higher functioning representation groups tend to forget/want to be forgotten, and massively fund behavioral and biological research into it. they definitely have problems but they’re a good and important charity in the wider autism world

edit wanna make it clear that punisher puzzle piece skull is awful lmao

Literally no autistic person I've ever spoken to likes autism speaks, because it doesn't speak for autism.

It speaks for people around the autistic. It speaks for the parents. It peddles a lot of things that a lot of autistic folk find harmful, insulting, and degrading (I.E. curing/fixing).

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Tashilicious posted:

Literally no autistic person I've ever spoken to likes autism speaks, because it doesn't speak for autism.

It speaks for people around the autistic. It speaks for the parents. It peddles a lot of things that a lot of autistic folk find harmful, insulting, and degrading (I.E. curing/fixing).

autism is a really wide spectrum, your autistic friends do not represent everyone on that spectrum or even a significant chunk of it.

parents of autistic kids go thru a lot and should have their voices heard on the issue.

and they don’t push the cure stuff anymore, just behavioral and “alternative” treatments (which is one area they are kinda lovely in admittedly).

private charity is in general garbage but it’s what we have to work with in this garbage system. not going to hate on a group that does a lot of good for a lot of people even if it’s run by financial industry ghouls.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My friends speak for more autistic people than the charity.

"Sure they peddle pseudoscience and dont have autistic people on their board, and they mostly concentrate on having corporate visibility, but its not all bad"

gently caress em. gently caress them and susan b. kommen charities equally.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

autism is a really wide spectrum, your autistic friends do not represent everyone on that spectrum or even a significant chunk of it.

parents of autistic kids go thru a lot and should have their voices heard on the issue.

and they don’t push the cure stuff anymore, just behavioral and “alternative” treatments (which is one area they are kinda lovely in admittedly).

private charity is in general garbage but it’s what we have to work with in this garbage system. not going to hate on a group that does a lot of good for a lot of people even if it’s run by financial industry ghouls.

This ain't it

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like ffs "why do people not like autism speaks"

"well this is why every autistic person i know hates it"

"thats stupid and wrong"

nice time. good chat.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tashilicious posted:

like ffs "why do people not like autism speaks"

"well this is why every autistic person i know hates it"

"thats stupid and wrong"

nice time. good chat.

The first step of supporting minorities is ignoring everything they say

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

the kids autism speaks do the most to represent (and a decent job of it), from my experience as a healthcare provider to those communities, cannot speak for themselves. I have no doubt that your friends with autism have a rough time, but these kids are on the very low functioning end of the spectrum, and life is very, very hard at that point for everyone involved. these are kids that years ago would’ve just been called retarded and dropped into an institution. I don’t judge desperate parents for being duped by lovely alt medicine - working two jobs and having a kid who will in the best case smear poo poo all over your walls and in the worst wander miles from home doesn’t really give you much time to research, and there’s little to no institutional support for these folks. these are the people AS has to work with, and alienating them by disavowing all the dumbass but harmless stuff would be pointless and mean their kids aren’t getting the care they need.

I’m being very careful about this because it’s something I’m passionate and yelly about but in all honesty the attitude of higher functioning individuals with autism towards those on the lower functioning areas of the spectrum can be pretty problematic. like I said before our garbage system needs all the help it can get and there is room for all sorts of organizations in the field. is AS lovely in some respects yes. so is every other private charity. because they’re private charities. but they’re the only thing we have in the us medical nightmare. it’s a complex issue and I would be glad if you could give it some thought and research before spitting dumbass hot takes about a relatively decent org serving a vulnerable and often overlooked population.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

boar guy posted:

the punisher is a fascist, is the joke, i think

Honestly I think the PTSD punisher skull is the funnier one.

Like does the punisher have PTSD and that's why he's the punisher? Does the punisher give his victims PTSD but he feels bad about it?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

foobardog posted:

I've been wondering when mainstream capitalism would notice that furries have a bizarre ability to spend way more money than you'd expect on dumb poo poo, like they seem like the perfect untapped market segment for your dumb brand as long as you don't mind being associated with, y'know, the pervy parts.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Shame Boy posted:

I've been wondering when mainstream capitalism would notice that furries have a bizarre ability to spend way more money than you'd expect on dumb poo poo, like they seem like the perfect untapped market segment for your dumb brand as long as you don't mind being associated with, y'know, the pervy parts.

they hate sexual liberation and queer people too much for that

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

they hate sexual liberation and queer people too much for that

There are chud furries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

yes but wheres my antifa punisher skull