Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

In shitlib centrist news, notice the name and the outlet...https://twitter.com/nomoremister/status/1184073831553605634?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'm honestly curious how many times (if any?) US and Russian sof have encountered eachother face to face in the last 30 years. Aside from how loving insane it is that US and Russians are cooperating against a NATO member, afaik it's entirely unprecedented to have them anywhere near eachother, much less helping.
there was that time recently we lit up a bunch of Wagner group mercenaries, arguably a russian special forces cut out and/or a quickly disavowed PMC staffed with Russian special forces veterans

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Helith posted:

Yeah about that, all the money in the world won't buy you an apple after they've gone extinct. Fuckers.
Apparantly all the mega rich have bought themselves New Zealand citizenship because somehow NZ won't be affected and also doesn't actually exist on maps or something.

Climate change models show New Zealand holds up pretty well!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Young Freud posted:

In shitlib centrist news, notice the name and the outlet...https://twitter.com/nomoremister/status/1184073831553605634?s=19

Breitbart is citing him, not him writing for them, so it's just very stupid and not incredibly.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Slowpoke! posted:

Climate change models show New Zealand holds up pretty well!

Really? Hope the mega rich don't mind sharing with all the Kiwis and all the Aussies then as Aussies get to live visa free in NZ. Plus all the Pacific Islands that have rights to live in NZ too.
I'm sure Peter Thiel has plenty of room and supplies.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

J.A.B.C. posted:

Courtesy of a fellow goon (sorry I can't find the post on my phone):

He should be in Black and White.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

BigglesSWE posted:

It sure is funny how Trump keep doing these international politics bombs that plays into Russian interests time and time again.

I mean the fact that Trump caved like a wimp to Erdogan, can you imagine how dangerous a phonecall with Putin is to the rest of the world?

Imagining Trump's perfect call with Putin concerning Alaska.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Finally got around to watching the bodycam footage from the cop shooting and jfc there's literally zero delay he literally shoots as he's yelling 'put your hands up'

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Finally got around to watching the bodycam footage from the cop shooting and jfc there's literally zero delay he literally shoots as he's yelling 'put your hands up'

SHOW ME YOUR HAN*BANG*DS

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

J.A.B.C. posted:

Courtesy of a fellow goon (sorry I can't find the post on my phone):

You either die a villain or live long enough to see yourself become the hero.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
So are Assad and Bolton good guys now?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
No.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Oh poo poo, Columbo perfected sea lioning long before anyone else ever thought of the term.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Look that woman clearly had a gun okay? (in her bedroom upstairs, while she played video games with her nephew and did literally nothing wrong)

gently caress cops so much :smith:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 15, 2019

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

Look that woman clearly had a gun okay? (in her bedroom upstairs, while she played video games with her nephew and did literally nothing wrong)

gently caress cops so much

Not to mention, if I owned a gun you better believe one of the times I'm gonna bust it out is when there is some creep shining a flashlight through my back window at night.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Looking forward to the Russians detaining American troops for a few hours 'for their own safety', just to rub it in

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1184101618901540864?s=19

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mikedebonis/status/1184102740198383623?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Trump basically asking the Dems to leak so he can get his stories straight.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

No way Trump can spell either excoriated or charade.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Retro42 posted:

Trump basically asking the Dems to leak so he can get his stories straight.

i think this is somewhat true: obviously, there are republicans in there and they're going to leak what they can quietly. but without the full transcripts its going to be very hard to carefully calibrate your lies to match up with all details of what were said before, absent actually hauling the republican congressmen into a witness prep session where everyone is very explicitly working on the correct lies, which is itself a really bad idea

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I am extremely calling bullshit on Trump writing this. No way in hell does that motherfucker know the word "excoriated".

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

KillHour posted:

No way Trump can spell either excoriated or charade.

No way he knows the word excoriated

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Also there would be something said in all caps at the end, probably WITCH HUNT.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

theflyingorc posted:

No way he knows the word excoriated

He thinks it's something you get done to you on Epstein's island.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
This is actually the fifth time excoriate has been used in a Trump tweet, all after Scavino was hired to do social media for the campaign.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

evilweasel posted:

i think this is somewhat true: obviously, there are republicans in there and they're going to leak what they can quietly. but without the full transcripts its going to be very hard to carefully calibrate your lies to match up with all details of what were said before, absent actually hauling the republican congressmen into a witness prep session where everyone is very explicitly working on the correct lies, which is itself a really bad idea

i think it was Heck or one of the other representatives who said this but: no matter how much they pretend they want these interviews public when they're on the media, they really don't, they've (by literally all accounts i am aware of) been incredibly bad for republicans

like, that's the other reason they've been silent except for hollering about the procedure, their only option right now is just to not talk about or leak the substance of the interviews at all because it's awful for them

eke out fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 15, 2019

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/1184108817610629123

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

eke out posted:

i think it was Heck or one of the other representatives who said this but: no matter how much they pretend they want these interviews public when they're on the media, they really don't, they've (by literally all accounts i am aware of) been incredibly bad for republicans

like, that's the other reason they've been silent except for hollering about the procedure, their only option right now is just to not talk about or leak the substance of the interviews at all because it's awful for them

yeah but part of that is, presumably, that people are admitting bad poo poo. people are much more likely to do that when they think you might already know some of the bad poo poo (but they don't know which bad poo poo you know) and are concerned about being caught in a lie.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

evilweasel posted:

yeah but part of that is, presumably, that people are admitting bad poo poo. people are much more likely to do that when they think you might already know some of the bad poo poo (but they don't know which bad poo poo you know) and are concerned about being caught in a lie.

right, keeping them off camera and not releasing transcripts until later is an obviously smart strategy here. i think just last night we saw some evidence that it's working in the big piece about Sondland in the Post.

his planned testimony has already changed a little from what he previously told them, because he's realizing that some of the things he planned to say to cover his rear end last week are maybe no longer good now that his testimony comes after multiple people who told the truth about him. but he can't really craft his lies specifically to avoid those pitfalls like he might be able to if they were public

eke out fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 15, 2019

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

:yeshaha:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

oh jeez Le Page is totally gonna primary Collins and win isn't he

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

my bony fealty posted:

collins will be running in an IRV election and i believe le page only slipped through thanks to an idiot spoiler

also le page very dramatically moved out of maine

(edit: oh yeah, he could easily win the primary)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

my bony fealty posted:

Absolutely not

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I appreciate how the tweet-ghostwriter tries to get his batshit cadence correctly and then ruins it all by using big boy words.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

eke out posted:

right, keeping them off camera and not releasing transcripts until later is an obviously smart strategy here

i think just last night we saw some evidence that it's working in the big piece about Sondland in the Post. his planned testimony has already changed a little from what he previously told them, because he's realizing that some of the things he planned to say to cover his rear end last week are maybe no longer good now that his testimony will come after multiple people who told the truth about him. but he can't really craft his lies specifically to avoid those pitfalls like he might be able to if they were public

Anything that deprives the obsequious, bloviating, Trump boot licking Republicans that waste their 5 minutes talking about what a travesty this hearing is and how dare you accuse our great president of blah blah blah of their TV platform to show off for Daddy is fine by me. That plus the stuff you said but really, that most of all.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah putting senate 'moderates' in zugzwang is the core benefit of the entire impeachment process.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

fool_of_sound posted:

Yeah putting senate 'moderates' in zugzwang is the core benefit of the entire impeachment process.

It's why Gardner wouldn't answer a simple question the other day.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Good, she has nobody to blame but herself for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

It's why Gardner wouldn't answer a simple question the other day.

Joni Ernst still refuses to answer questions about it and keeps pivoting to ethanol.

Listen Joni, we're all running almost completely on ethanol since election night 2016.....don't try to bring it up now.....