Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

skylined! posted:

I can't find any word on any repercussion or movement since Pompeo defied the subpoena for state department docs; does anyone know what's going on with that?

Also, don't his employees jumping ship and also complying go against Pompeo's story about his team being 'harassed'?

i believe it was a document request and congress served a subpoena for them to belt-and-suspenders it after the request was refused, but presumably they'll move to enforce it in court later. their current strategy, however, is to not allow administration stonewalling on one subject to delay anything else, so they're moving full speed ahead on getting all the employees on record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

The Super-Id posted:

What do you think the odds of getting Trump onto a hot air balloon unaccompanied are?

We already know he's a afraid of stairs, and him always holding another world leader's hand or using a stair master would look weak, so it's the next obvious step. Ideally whoever convinces him gets him to wear a crinoline suit too.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

teen witch posted:

That family was also on WifeSwap or Trading Spouses and it’s genuinely loving sad. The father is an rear end in a top hat.

The father is absolutely a douchbag from what I have seen

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

What about the kid who went on live national TV and said "you told me to stay hidden" or whatever

He specifically said "we were doing it for a show" because the dad was some kind of inventor/ would be reality tv star. It's why he made the hot air balloon UFO thing in the first place. The kid seemed genuinely confused and scared, and probably was extremely worried about coming out because dad as mentioned before, is a dickhead

They were testing the balloon for a show, but they genuinely thought their kid was in a run away balloon, and the mother is on the phone call with 911 absolutely hysterical with grief for like 30 minutes, and they ended up calling the news and the other places because the 911 operator kept putting them on hold

It's an entirely hosed up situation all around, and I really hope the mother and her kids got away from it

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 15, 2019

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

Hilariously(?) enough she was filling in for Meghan McCain

Meghan McCain, noted coward

Like, how do you go on The View which is basically daytime fluff piece TV and get completely owned by everybody there including a Republican strategist whose only real saving grace is that she hates Trump so much she voted against him in 2016?

Source

This is basically his brand now, being literally The Wrongest Man In Any Room Ever. He's so frustrating his neighbor beat him up even knowing he'd get jail time afterward. It had to be done though, so he took the hit. Kind of a hero, actually.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

VitalSigns posted:

wtf Ana Navarro is on that show too?

Is it just a roundtable of war crime apologists?

It's me, the guy who cares deeply about war crimes, but doesn't want the US to stay in Syria to prevent wholesale slaughter of Kurds.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I could buy the mom didn't know, but the douchebag father basically had a new "get famous quick" scheme every week

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

VH4Ever posted:

This is basically his brand now, being literally The Wrongest Man In Any Room Ever. He's so frustrating his neighbor beat him up even knowing he'd get jail time afterward. It had to be done though, so he took the hit. Kind of a hero, actually.

So he's the Wimp Lo of US Congress?

"I apologize for Rand Paul, you see, in debate class he was taught badly, as a joke"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

InsertPotPun posted:

They were letting children go hungry for less than $2.50.

Those greedy kids won't learn the true value of money and hard work now since they got a free pass thanks to this man.

*willfully ignores how poor nutrition can negatively impact development and mental skills*

*Probably extra doesn't care because some terrible Just World fallacy, if not worse*

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

twice burned ice posted:

It's me, the guy who cares deeply about war crimes, but doesn't want the US to stay in Syria to prevent wholesale slaughter of Kurds.
what.

is Ana Navarro good now I'm having trouble keeping up with USPOL

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I could buy the mom didn't know, but the douchebag father basically had a new "get famous quick" scheme every week

It's possible the father might have known, but apparently that balloon cost like thousands of dollars to make, and on the video of the test launch he is genuinely losing his poo poo swearing at everyone that his balloon is floating away, before realizing his son is missing

Still an rear end in a top hat

On the topic of Trump, I like someone's idea of luring trump with McDonalds into a hot air balloon, and just letting it float away :allears:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Angry_Ed posted:

So he's the Wimp Lo of US Congress?

"I apologize for Rand Paul, you see, in debate class he was taught badly, as a joke"

I think they take turns, Devin Nunes was carrying that flag for quite a while

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

AceOfFlames posted:

That whole family has jumped on the Trump train.

I mean, duh. Weren’t the kids’ names like Falcon and Stryker and Maverick?

OH MY GOD they need to reboot SWAT Cats

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VitalSigns posted:

what.

Trump being so universally bad makes normal-rear end Republicans temporary allies

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

InsertPotPun posted:

They were letting children go hungry for less than $2.50.

This is what's crazy to me - at my schools you had a lunch account and it could go into the negative, which happened to me a few times, but you still got your food when that happened. They'd hound your parents about it if the negative balance went below a certain amount but they never let kids go hungry because of it.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

showbiz_liz posted:

This is what's crazy to me - at my schools you had a lunch account and it could go into the negative, which happened to me a few times, but you still got your food when that happened. They'd hound your parents about it if the negative balance went below a certain amount but they never let kids go hungry because of it.

Was the school district taking the overages out of teachers pay though?

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

Same but we'd be served a PB&J sandwich instead of the usual american chop suey or whatever.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

VitalSigns posted:

what.

Ana Navarro is bad, but it's pretty hypocritical of you to slate someone for war crimes apologia while just a week ago you were mocking anyone who thought removing US forces from Syria was a bad idea.

You know, the removal that enabled this

https://twitter.com/RudySDOwens/status/1183980067279388673

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I feel like the schools are taking too much blame for the lunch debt problem. It's the decisions made at the board level and above that cause them to be so strapped for cash that they have to do unspeakable things regarding lunch debt.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

and the claw won! posted:

Same but we'd be served a PB&J sandwich instead of the usual american chop suey or whatever.

They didn't even do that, they just let us take the regular meals and expected the balance to be paid later. And this was in North Carolina, which even then was not exactly the nation's most liberal state.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

and the claw won! posted:

:goonsay: technically chop suey has always been an American dish- it was invented by Chinese immigrants in order to sell (cheap) domestic staples as if they were an exotic foreign dish because they had been cooked slightly differently.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

twice burned ice posted:

Ana Navarro is bad, but it's pretty hypocritical of you to slate someone for war crimes apologia while just a week ago you were mocking anyone who thought removing US forces from Syria was a bad idea.

You know, the removal that enabled this

https://twitter.com/RudySDOwens/status/1183980067279388673

I still feel this is because Rojava was an actual functioning progressive leftist state in the Middle East, and well "we simply can't have that"

We absolutely loving suck as a country :smith:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Trump being so universally bad makes normal-rear end Republicans temporary allies

allies is a strong word

it's more "don't attack the people we don't like while they're in the middle of attacking the people we like even less, wait until they're done"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

twice burned ice posted:

oh you wanted to start a slapfight because I'm not cheerleading for another war

can't you just cheerlead for war twice as hard for the both of us

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

allies is a strong word

it's more "don't attack the people we don't like while they're in the middle of attacking the people we like even less, wait until they're done"

Yeah it's this. My point was that Rand Paul is so loving stupid and so odious that even a Republican who would nominally be on his side can't stand his bullshit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1184125314147983361

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

TulliusCicero posted:

There are very few worldwide atrocities of note that can be said the United States hasn't committed similar simulacra. This isn't to denigrate in any way the good work that many US citizens work for/towards, but the idea of American exceptionalism and righteousness (specifically when it comes do doing bad/evil/morally repugnant acts) is a complete sham and needs to die now because its one of the biggest roadblocks to effectively changing/limiting ourselves from committing the same atrocities over and over again.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

I still feel this is because Rojava was an actual functioning progressive leftist state in the Middle East, and well "we simply can't have that"

I don't think Trump (or someone on his team) slid Edrogan a folder saying "here's all the commies we want you to kill", it's likely that Turkey was keeping tabs on important Kurdish politicians the entire time in preparation for this, in order to break them.

Of course it's still our fault for abandoning the Kurds in the first place.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Xander77 posted:

Wait, is Deux Ex real life now?

The Deus Ex character is Anna Navarre, but her name confuses me like this all the time.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Angry_Ed posted:

I don't think Trump (or someone on his team) slid Edrogan a folder saying "here's all the commies we want you to kill", it's likely that Turkey was keeping tabs on important Kurdish politicians the entire time in preparation for this, in order to break them.

Of course it's still our fault for abandoning the Kurds in the first place.

Turkey has been suppressing Kurdish political parties for a long time so yeah they had her on a hit list

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

PT6A posted:

I feel like the schools are taking too much blame for the lunch debt problem. It's the decisions made at the board level and above that cause them to be so strapped for cash that they have to do unspeakable things regarding lunch debt.

Or they could tell the district and board numbers fuckstains to pound sand and feed the loving kids.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Trump calls for his own impeachment:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1184129825231069184

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

goddamn he really just lives in front of a tv and does nothing else. what a pathetic sack of poo poo

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

OH MY GOD they need to reboot SWAT Cats
Powerful furry homoerotic Top Gun energy.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

First question, is that constant dollars?
Second question, who gives a gently caress about the median?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If kids can’t afford to move out despite working of course the average household income will go up

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

If kids can’t afford to move out despite working of course the average household income will go up

The Median isn't the average though, but it would be affected by it.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
How does population work?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
WHY IS HE YELLING

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

WHY IS HE YELLING

Because he wants people to DO SOMETHING about the PRESIDENTIAL HARRASSMENT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

This man's mind is like a busted cd, just skipping and skipping endlessly