Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

CommissarMega posted:

Where do you live? Steam's saying 'approximately 1 hour' for me.

it says that for about an hour so either its unlocked in 10 minutes or in 70. Also since I waited so long I still just count the hours in minutes, feels better :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Megazver posted:

guess we know what the Paste Magazine review will be like, lol:

PORTRAYAL... is endorsement

What's the ideal world for people who feel like this, then? That we pretend the bad words don't exist?

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

That only actions they approve exist, with no divergence possible

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Who is this

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Like this:

https://twitter.com/winnersusedrugs/status/1184134235298250752

Surely the point is for you, the player, to judge these actions? This argument is bizarre to me.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
"Games are art"

"They can't tackle mature themes though, even if its done well; that's bad."

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

quote:

Assistant editor of @PasteGames, also seen on
@Polygon, @Gamasutra, @Unwinnable
and many others. Also the author of @FryScores

I am assuming here, but I suspect this is who'll write the Paste Magazine review.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

[Edit] actually I think I misinterpreted that one. Still a bunch dumb poo poo anyways

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Ugh I don't know how I'll distribute my skills/attributes :negative:

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

I really don't think those tweets are that bad and am not especially bent out of shape that someone has criticisms of the game I am excited for, personally.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
:siren: IT'S OUT :siren:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
It's out.

Lightningproof posted:

I really don't think those tweets are that bad and am not especially bent out of shape that someone has criticisms of the game I am excited for, personally.

Nah, it's pretty cringe.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Dancer posted:

:siren: IT'S OUT :siren:
Let the slow download begin.

Also, this:

Lightningproof posted:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lightningproof posted:

yeah, i'd be more worried about criticism of the game's mechanics or writing rather than an introspective social critic doing their regular shtick

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I need to get this game and I haven't even heard of it before today lol

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well, that was weird. It released an hour early. Downloading it now, 11.5 gigs to download.

E: a dev in their Discord said they decided to drop it an hour early for the hell of it lol

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

sean10mm posted:

I need to get this game and I haven't even heard of it before today lol

go get it, its out :D

/Download Size is just ~11GB

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

AHHHH ITS OUT ITS OUT KINO IS BACK ON THE MENY BOYS

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

Like this:

https://twitter.com/winnersusedrugs/status/1184134235298250752

Surely the point is for you, the player, to judge these actions? This argument is bizarre to me.

How can I judge my characters actions if the game doesn't tell me how I should judge my characters actions???

I could almost see were they were going in those Tweets but the last one in particular is odd.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
It's out on GOG too, if you think Gabe has enough knives already.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I guess, I'll play it tomorrow.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Thinking about cutting work to go play this.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
My download keeps freezing for some reason. I just want this on my laptop already. I haven’t been this excited for a game since... probably either Fallout New Vegas or Alpha Protocol.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
OH LAWD HE COMIN, PRAISE BE RNGESUS!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Time to Columbo it up. (After it's installed.)

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ugly In The Morning posted:

My download keeps freezing for some reason. I just want this on my laptop already. I haven’t been this excited for a game since... probably either Fallout New Vegas or Alpha Protocol.

For me it was Pillars 1, but yeah. I getcha. My Windows has just insisted on updating, I'm watching a percentage bar crawl up, it's soul destroying.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Haha, wasn't expecting early release.

Bye everyone, will hide myself from the Internet until I play through this at least twice.

With the meager amounts of time I've got available these days, I should manage by Christmas or so.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Holy poo poo it's only MYR65 in Malaysia which is less than USD20. Well it is also past midnight here so I'm just gonna load it tomorrow morning

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Lightningproof posted:

I mean, I agree that it's cool for people to have other opinions regardless of how silly it seems. However, I'd hate for this game to get review bombed by folks who can't handle a bad word in their game because they can't figure out whether they are supposed to empathize with their rear end in a top hat protagonist or not.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Popete posted:

How can I judge my characters actions if the game doesn't tell me how I should judge my characters actions???

I could almost see were they were going in those Tweets but the last one in particular is odd.

https://twitter.com/tickmancer/status/1163681163493433344?s=20

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

it is out motherfuckers

also

quote:

I'm gonna guess that they were going for the hip disaffected voice of a dystopian neo-noir film, and it kinda works, but it feels like some dude you met smoking outside a dive bar, they seem to be talking and talking whether or not you're listening and dont care if you understand

someone link the RPS interview to this person, and underscore the particular fact that these are Eastern Europeans that grew under the soviet shadow and are leftists besides that - if there is one thing that these people aren't, is "disaffected hip"

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

This is solid gold amazing poo poo!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Holy poo poo it's only MYR65 in Malaysia which is less than USD20. Well it is also past midnight here so I'm just gonna load it tomorrow morning

Yeah, its US$15.50 over here, holy poo poo :allears:

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Is it only on steam? I would've thought it would be on humble given they published it. Was hoping for a discount!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Installing now! I tried to avoid as much about the game as possible so I'm going in blind as far as game mechanics go, let's see how that works out.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

adamarama posted:

Is it only on steam? I would've thought it would be on humble given they published it. Was hoping for a discount!
It's on GOG too.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

adamarama posted:

It was never broadly reported, but Humble quietly stopped publishing it. I have no idea what happened with that.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I just almost died trying to get my tie off a fan and then went on a hunt for my missing shoe, which involved like three separate skill checks. This is a really cool game so far. The writing is fantastic.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Ah, I see that now on Steam. It definitely said humble until recently; I'm enjoying their 20% store discount. No harm, 40e is still a bargain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/10/15/disco-elysium-review/