Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey baby, wanna play with my... Giga Rod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

homeless snail posted:

idk which part are you reacting to, the character designs? I don't like it much (the building is super lame) but its definitely by far the best BR.

How can you say this when Tetris 99 exists

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the building stuff in fortnight is a big no thanks. pubg with friends: still good

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I will never, ever have the reflexes to build any kind of cover while in a shootout, which is enough for me never to touch Fortnite again. I don't know how the kids manage it.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

PUBG lost me forever when I heard they patched out lootable clothes.

If I’m gonna play with a set avatar, fortnite’s aesthetic is more fun. But I’m hesitant to get involved because of the data gathering stuff I heard about the epic games launcher back in the day. Did that turn out to be an exaggeration or did people just stop caring?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Looper posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeFdG1qyjY

perhaps this will be the mythical good star fox game??

assault and zero are good but i can accept that most people disagree (and are wrong)

Bold of them to include a Break button, although I would imagine a Brake button would be more prudent.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What, you can't force someone in PUBG to give you their pants anymore?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Turtlicious posted:

I love destiny 2 I think that means I have brain worms. :brainworms:

I've been playing it a lot recently and yeah I'm a destiny stan now

Roach Warehouse posted:

PUBG lost me forever when I heard they patched out lootable clothes.

If I’m gonna play with a set avatar, fortnite’s aesthetic is more fun. But I’m hesitant to get involved because of the data gathering stuff I heard about the epic games launcher back in the day. Did that turn out to be an exaggeration or did people just stop caring?

IIRC they were pulling some of your steam stats like friends, playtime, etc without asking. By their own admission they shouldn't have been doing it but I guess they stopped now.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
PUBG sucks poo poo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

quote:

It is one of the best-written RPGs in recent memory. It is a glimpse inside the mind of Hunter S. Thompson, combined with the best script that David Lynch never wrote. It is True Detective’s Rust Cohle, drinking beer and smoking opium with Sherlock Holmes while Twin Peaks’ Dale Cooper is in the next room brewing drat good coffee.

Some random website's review of Disco Elysium. I am incredibly hyped for this game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

a glimpse inside the mind of dark souls, combined with the best script of dark souls, it is dark souls' dark souls, attacking undead and drinking estus with john dark souls while jake dark souls is in the next room at the bonfire

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Watching a stream, Fortnite is still Fortnite, but now it has a giant xp bar on the bottom of the screen. Seems like they're just turning it into a social shooter mmo. Guns still don't shoot exactly where they're pointed, so I'm not in a rush to try it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This quote gets more and more relevant to me as I get older.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you want a social shooter just go to American schools?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Thank you for putting us on an FBI Watchlist, if we werent on one already!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Saint Freak posted:

:drat:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

hey now

it's not just schools anymore

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Streaming is unedited nonsense and you can't skip the boring bits, pro streamers are good for nothings who can't get a real job and Fortnite rots the minds of our children.

Now I know how the previous gen felt.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Fortnite got a new map

Computer, enhance

:tinfoil:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Fortnite got a new map

Computer, enhance

More rumors about a Fortnite character being in Smash Ultimate.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

Streaming is unedited nonsense and you can't skip the boring bits, pro streamers are good for nothings who can't get a real job and Fortnite rots the minds of our children.

Now I know how the previous gen felt.

eh, I'd still think less of someone for working in advertising than streaming

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Macaluso posted:

Fortnite got a new map

Computer, enhance

Stan Lee would be proud.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Macaluso posted:

Fortnite got a new map

These are just Banjo Kazooie level names and you won't convince me otherwise.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
As others have said, the building component means I'll never play Fortnite again, but I think they're doing some interesting stuff. I remember really enjoying my time with Fortnite when I was just learning the map.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Played Fortnite for a couple seasons before moving onto other games that were taking up my attention. It was actually a legit fun game that can be quite intense.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Macaluso posted:

Fortnite got a new map

I first saw Holly Hedges when she was working a shift at Retail Row. She had these Steamy Stacks that sent me straight to Frenzy Farm, if you get my meaning. I invited her to go swimming and she agreed, but she was expecting a trip to Lazy Lake whereas I was thinking something more along the lines of the ol' Dirty Docks, maybe show her my Salty Springs. I knew I was going to have to turn on the charm if I wanted to see her Pleasant Park and after a few wine coolers we were rolling around making our own Sweaty Sands. She took off her top and realized the bra had been pulling extra duty; I was staring at some Craggy Cliffs but that wasn't going to stop me. My older brother had given me some advice that I was finally going to put into practice, so I moved down to her Misty Meadows and attempted what I knew as a Slurpy Swamp. I wish I had more practice because I did something wrong and she bolted, and now I'm all alone and posting this to r/WeepingWoods

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That map seems pretty similar to the older one

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Thumper is my favorite game that I'm pretty sure I will never, ever beat. Hell, I've had it since launch and I don't think I'm even halfway through the game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
thumper has one of the most hilariously cruel "final bosses" i've ever seen, especially for a rhythm game

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

axelblaze posted:

Thumper is my favorite game that I'm pretty sure I will never, ever beat. Hell, I've had it since launch and I don't think I'm even halfway through the game

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It's really cool but since it's more about reaction speed than memorization, I just feel too slow to get past some parts. I suppose given time you could memorize the really difficult parts.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I feel like I'd get way too into Fortnite if I started playing, plus Tetris 99 scratches my battle royale itch to begin with.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wonder what hot air balloon kid is doing nowadays. I remember the GBS thread for this, it was wild.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I said come in! posted:

I wonder what hot air balloon kid is doing nowadays. I remember the GBS thread for this, it was wild.
Do you have a link?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grouchio posted:

Do you have a link?

The GBS thread? I don't, I wish I did though. I wonder if it is in the goldmine. It should be because it was a pretty great thread.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Infinitum posted:

Hey baby, wanna play with my... Giga Rod?

Please tell me this is reel

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got the thumper platinum in like a day and remember nothing about it rip

homeless snail posted:

yeah, apex is okay too, I'm not big on the characters though, I like the old school arena fps ideal of everyone coming in on equal footing

Yeah I get that

I was into the characters especially after playing so much of the Black Ops 4 BR which has zero personality. It worked for me mechanically too because I like playing support so it was neat playing Lifeline. Also I guess since it basically plays like a slightly worse Titanfall the movement/shooting felt way better to me than BO4/Fortnite

The beacon thing is great too but I guess all the other battle royale games probably stole that immediately

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Oxxidation posted:

thumper has one of the most hilariously cruel "final bosses" i've ever seen, especially for a rhythm game

It's great cause at first you're fighting what should logically be the final bosses as its the culmination of all the mechanics and rules the game built up, but then you beat it, and the game keeps going, and the real final boss is like "gently caress the rules and gently caress you too."

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Here ya go

https://www.5280.com/2019/09/the-balloon-boy-hoax-solved/

Pretty good article about what the Heenes are up to now

e: and a plausible version of what happened in the first place

a kitten fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 15, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Every time I see a glimpse of Marathon's story I'm compelled to re-read every terminal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

These are just Banjo Kazooie level names and you won't convince me otherwise.

these garbage names don't even compare to Banjo Kazooie names

even BK knew not to have alliteration in every single name, it just makes the whole map sound generic and lazy