Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Fuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

https://play.stuff.co.nz/details/_6094915136001

Some irish grandad pre-recorded a message to troll his own funeral like an absolute champion

Seems to be region locked, can't get the video to play.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Stravag posted:

Fuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sounds like she's raising money for the DNC, not a campaign, I hope

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Turkish thing reminds me of one of Popehat's general observations: federal prosecutors have the benefit of two things that most defendants don't: money and time. The Feds don't really burn money while a case develops, while defendants do, so the Feds can more or less sit back, go slow, and wait for folks to gently caress up.

The news media has been wondering for a very, very long time why the Turkish Bank didn't get charged with the sanctions violations - it was just SDNY taking their time like federal prosecutors do.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

she won't, but still, lol

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Suicide Watch posted:

that sounds 100% what it is and with how much the rnc is getting from impeachment fears it's needed

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/1184196900934815744

Not sure the veracity of the report but interesting reading the MOU between the regime and rebels

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Just a friendly reminder that the Iran sanctions are super bullshit and I support everybody who tries to avoid/evade/circumvent them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Well then

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Suicide Watch posted:

As long as shes not running again fine but i can see her going "well all these people love me time to run again"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
she needs to disappear into the woods

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

Not sure the veracity of the report but interesting reading the MOU between the regime and rebels

She’s a reliable source who has been covering this for years so I’d trust her reporting.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

that sounds 100% what it is and with how much the rnc is getting from impeachment fears it's needed

Is there a better RNC fundraiser than Clinton though? I think she does more good staying quiet.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Have fun dodging SDNY subpoenas Rudy.

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1184228246180782080?s=19

Or: Rudy never gets a subpoena, because he gets charged :laugh:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh god just drizzle the NRA being involved somehow and i think i can finish

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/stat...ingawful.com%2F

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Clinton holds a 'protest' outside of NRA headquarters, single handedly saves it from bankruptcy.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Last day in office trump declares the NRA a terrorist organization. The left unites behind saint donnie.

Edit: this was suppossed to be funny but after a second i think pelosi would actually lead a charge in that direction

Stravag fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 16, 2019

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nick Soapdish posted:

So, it I'm reading this right, Turkey just invaded Syria, and as much as the Kurds hate Assad they hate the Turks more, so now the people we have been fighting with for half a decade are now fighting against a NATO ally along with the people we have been helping them fight against for half a decade. Meanwhile the Turks are playing "I'm not touching you" with the US forces in the area because they know we won't do anything to them if some of our guys get smoked, because in the end Donny is a gigantic weakling.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

A Bad Poster posted:

So, it I'm reading this right, Turkey just invaded Syria, and as much as the Kurds hate Assad they hate the Turks more, so now the people we have been fighting with for half a decade are now fighting against a NATO ally along with the people we have been helping them fight against for half a decade. Meanwhile the Turks are playing "I'm not touching you" with the US forces in the area because they know we won't do anything to them if some of our guys get smoked, because in the end Donny is a gigantic weakling.

Just like all bullies, he is ultimately a coward

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

imagine you volunteer to fight for rojava against ISIS and wind up killing turks alongside the lion assad and russian mercs

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

imagine you volunteer to fight for rojava against ISIS and wind up killing turks alongside the lion assad and russian mercs

Given world history, there are very few people who wouldn't be happy killing a bunch of Turks.

Also, Nancy Pelosi just announced that they aren't going to hold an impeachment vote whooooo

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
he solved the Syrian Civil War

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This is the stupidest timeline. It's so stupid I get to make our language more dumber by speaking this way.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My mind is failing to comprehend the level of stupid I have absorbed in the past two pages of news. This is a level beyond crack ping. This is electroshock therapy via internet.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

And now if Syria+Kurds do any sort of counter attack Turkey can invoke article 5 and demand the US start killing Kurds with them?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

And now if Syria+Kurds do any sort of counter attack Turkey can invoke article 5 and demand the US start killing Kurds with them?

Execute Order 66

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Donkey debate night. Zirconium Joe will rocket his foot into his mouth, Warren's got a plan to talk about her plans, and Bernie's coming out like a man on fire. All well and good, but, who is going to take the hint tonight and gently caress off tomorrow? I'm pulling for Klobuchar to hit eject by the end of the week.

Also Tom Steyer is in on tonights' argue fest.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Since the Turks are on the wrong side of the border, it'll be a tough sell on Article 5.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

A Bad Poster posted:

For a while, Donnie Brainstem had a really good string of global conflict luck. Minor poo poo broke out in places and resolved itself quickly, or our usual enemies decided to mostly hunker down and do their poo poo in secret. Everyone kind of knew that the luck wouldn't last and something would explode, but it's quite amazing how quickly this whole thing clusterfucked and there isn't a drat thing Donnie can do about it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A Bad Poster posted:

Also, Nancy Pelosi just announced that they aren't going to hold an impeachment vote whooooo

This sounds worse than it (probably) is, since Trump and the congressional Republicans are the ones most loudly demanding an immediate impeachment vote.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Have any NATO countries been aggressors since the alliance's formation? Obviously that happened with the Iraq War but plenty of NATO countries sat out on that; also Iraq forces were contained within their borders. If Syria counterattacks onto Turkish soil would we see article 5?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Donkey debate night. Zirconium Joe will rocket his foot into his mouth, Warren's got a plan to talk about her plans, and Bernie's coming out like a man on fire. All well and good, but, who is going to take the hint tonight and gently caress off tomorrow? I'm pulling for Klobuchar to hit eject by the end of the week.

Also Tom Steyer is in on tonights' argue fest.

pete's gotta go, beto is gone already right? if not then him too

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
:rip: bay area gas prices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCLGVX8eQ8c

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2019/10/15/fire-police-crews-respond-to-nustar-refinery-explosion-in-rodeo/

quote:

CROCKETT — Residents were told to shelter in place and a nearby highway was shut down after a reported explosion and subsequent fire Tuesday afternoon at an East Bay fuel facility.

The fire at the NuStar Energy facility was reported around 2 p.m. Jess Hackebeil, a NuStar manager of business development for the West Coast, confirmed when reached briefly by phone Tuesday that the fire was at the company’s Crockett facility.

Contra Costa Fire Protection District officials said just before 4:30 p.m. that the fire had spread to involve three tanks at the facility, which company records show has 24 large tanks with a total capacity of 3 million barrels of oil.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Madurai posted:

Since the Turks are on the wrong side of the border, it'll be a tough sell on Article 5.

Doesn’t mean they won’t try.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

wait there's still 12 people at the debates? i thought it was down to like 6 people

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Well poo poo, that's a broken clock statement if there ever was one. You and us both.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well poo poo, that's a broken clock statement if there ever was one. You and us both.

Imagine being external security of any country, and your only data on US intentions were Trump tweets.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lie down with brainworms, wake up with multiple-drug-resistant syphillis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

A Bad Poster posted:

Is this a "No we aren't going to try to impeach ever" or a "Look we still have all these crimes to investigate and all these people to flip so that impeachment has an actual chance in the senate"