Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

"Erfworld" just apparently shut down without notice and is being purged off the internet. See forex : http://fleen.com/2019/10/14/new-arrivals-and-an-unexpected-departure/

(Nobody seems to want to talk about the details, but some googling turned them up, and : they were right).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yes, let's please not talk about the details, or continue to post about how we aren't talking about the details.

Let's just let the damned thing die with such dignity as can be had.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Anshu posted:

I'm curious, can anyone who's looked at Sinfest lately tell me if he's ruined Crim and Fyoosh yet?
You honestly might be better off asking in the political cartoons thread. Given that he's gone all-in on SWERF 'n TERF it's actually getting posted there because it's more political than not (and also more awful than not but that's the norm for political cartoons).

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Might as well counterbalance that with some news about another old webcomic I checked recently: Remember how Misfile seemed like it was wrapping up? Well it did, and now the site is running a new comic with a new story. I assume it may be using the cosmology of the old comic. I don't really feel like following the new comic, but it gives me comfort to see old things end and the creators move on to new things. :unsmith:

Also Bunnymeat still exists. It doesn't update often, but it's good.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Today’s mare internum is gross. It really petered out story wise but the art was very cool and good

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I cannot imagine that Sinfest has not ruined Criminy and Fuschia because that cuts right across several of the relevant madness areas.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

SlothfulCobra posted:

Might as well counterbalance that with some news about another old webcomic I checked recently: Remember how Misfile seemed like it was wrapping up? Well it did, and now the site is running a new comic with a new story. I assume it may be using the cosmology of the old comic. I don't really feel like following the new comic, but it gives me comfort to see old things end and the creators move on to new things. :unsmith:

Also Bunnymeat still exists. It doesn't update often, but it's good.

The end was a little goofy in that he basically dodged the tough choices that had been building up over the course of the comic (i.e., a number of important and positive things had happened either from the mistake or from a world where Ash was a girl, and resetting the error might erase those) but honestly you can do a lot worse that write in a pat ending to your 15-year story so it ends on a happy note.

The new story is in the same universe but doesn't feature any of the original cast or continue their story. So far it promises significantly less street racing, too.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Today’s mare internum is gross. It really petered out story wise but the art was very cool and good

What do you mean by this? It's building to the ending, I wouldn't call it "petering out".

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

In today's Monster Pulse, this probably never happens when Wolverine and Colossus do a fastball special.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

I cannot imagine that Sinfest has not ruined Criminy and Fuschia because that cuts right across several of the relevant madness areas.

Fuschia is just Strong Independent Woman now, and Criminy seems to have disappeared entirely because we can't have sympathetic male characters in the Sinfest-verse any more. I guess it could be worse.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What do you mean by this? It's building to the ending, I wouldn't call it "petering out".

Like the story was interesting and then turned bad

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It also petered out in the sense that the author went off the grid for over a year between updates or some poo poo.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I don't agree, but alright.

It also petered out in the sense that the author went off the grid for over a year between updates or some poo poo.

Hiatuses happen in webcomics, I try not to let it affect my enjoyment of the story.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I also try not to but when it gets to a certain point i just can’t keep interested in something that seems to be on the permanent back burner. Like String Theory.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I also try not to but when it gets to a certain point i just can’t keep interested in something that seems to be on the permanent back burner. Like String Theory.

That was Cindersong for me. The author/artist has a job in actual professional published comics, so it kept going on hiatus and coming back in diminishing quality (ie: infodump worldbuilding pages as stop-gaps, going from full colour to black and white, rough sketches in lieu of promised full page updates later, etc.) and now it’s gone on permanent hiatus. So it’s like “yeah, good job, I no longer care if this ever comes back.”

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I would like to clarify that it’s not an entitlement thing, it’s completely fine to let a project lapse. poo poo happens!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I would like to clarify that it’s not an entitlement thing, it’s completely fine to let a project lapse. poo poo happens!

Oh, absolutely. And like I said above, people have lives and jobs and responsibilities that take priority, as they should. It’s just always sad to good work suffer as a result.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I would not complain at all if Derelict started again.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I wish Straub would stop restarting Broodhollow and getting my hopes up only to immediately abandon it again

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I was going back through the chainsawsuit archives and found a strip where he was pretending the comic was over with a caption of something like "ha just kidding I'm never going to stop doing this comic"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

GlyphGryph posted:

I wish Straub would stop restarting Broodhollow and getting my hopes up only to immediately abandon it again

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
making a webcomic is an existentialist nightmare so i can't blame anyone for anything anymore

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

if you're thinking of making a webcomic i recommend you instead make an in-character gimmick twitter with occasional art posts, it's more rewarding in the long term and has just as much of a chance to be economically viable (0.00%)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

GlyphGryph posted:

gently caress. Yeah this one hurts

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
perhaps this endless cycle of restarts is to communicate the abject purgatory the residents of broodhollow find themselves in

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
drat....that’s pretty deep

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The real Broodhallow was the friends we made around the way.

Like the ghost of that girl that lives in the back of my throat now. I no longer wish to make any new friends.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

fauna posted:

if you're thinking of making a webcomic i recommend you instead make an in-character gimmick twitter with occasional art posts, it's more rewarding in the long term and has just as much of a chance to be economically viable (0.00%)

I dunno I think Check, Please! is working out financially for the author.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Malpais Legate posted:

I dunno I think Check, Please! is working out financially for the author.
this pleases me :3:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Meanwhile in Kiwi Blitz, all of Cebus' schemes have collapsed, she has lost everything, and stands alone and humiliated in front of all her minions.

A smart villain would be defeated now, but Cebus is not a smart villain, which makes her dangerous, and she's more likely to murder a few children now than ever before.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm not sure that smart people exist in Kiwi Blitz.

There's people that know a lot of things, but even the AIs make stupid decisions all the time.

e: this is not a criticism, i love all my idiot children

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I feel like Dr. Rooster deserves credit for correctly deciding that it's time to bail and maybe take some office supplies with her.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That being said, we might not even need Gear to show up for our recomended dose of Crazy Lady running around with a attempting to stab people hijinks if that last pannel was any indication.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I appreciate that this comic started with mech combat and has ended with teenagers getting waaaaay in over their heads.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

That being said, we might not even need Gear to show up for our recomended dose of Crazy Lady running around with a attempting to stab people hijinks if that last pannel was any indication.

Oh Lordy, I forgot that other shoe had yet to drop. But yeah, it was great to see Celeste Jones: The Stupidest Woman In New York finally hit rock bottom.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think that living under capitalism is bad for creative endeavors, especially large ones that require a great deal of time and energy

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Tollymain posted:

i think that living under capitalism is bad for creative endeavors, especially large ones that require a great deal of time and energy
yeah :(

if it doesn't pay, you can't afford to make it. and making a webcomic pay is like a whole other full-time job on top of the comic itself

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Speaking of good comics, in Tiger, Tiger, Ludo has been hitting it off very well with her half-brother:

There is no way this can go wrong

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

That's the same artist who used to do Prague Race, right? Looks good!

Meanwhile, it turns out that Sinfest as we see it online is the expurgated version and that on some form of evil Twitter Ishida is even more explicitly TERF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Rand Brittain posted:

That's the same artist who used to do Prague Race, right? Looks good!

Yep! She started it after getting massive burnout on Prague. We've gotten a small taste of creepy monster designs, too, but more should be coming eventually.

Rand Brittain posted:

Meanwhile, it turns out that Sinfest as we see it online is the expurgated version and that on some form of evil Twitter Ishida is even more explicitly TERF.

He's got a Spinster account, which is a twitter alternative mostly populated by TERFs and SWERFs. It grew out from Gab, which serves the same purpose for neo nazis. It's interesting he's deciding to edit his older comics to align more with his current political leanings.