Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thought that might be coming.

Godspeed Rams, I'm not entirely sure I'd want to make that trade but I definitely wanted Ramsey.

e: quoted news for new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:wtf:

Well, I see they're not planning on not having to pay any first round salaries in the near future

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

At least there's no fanbase to make mad if he wants out again

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Well, poo poo, that's a pretty big get for the Rams, but that price tag :stare:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Diva Cupcake posted:

Holy poo poo that’s a haul.

drafting Tua and then another QB the next year.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Schefty clarified it's a first each in 20 and 21.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Relieved he didn’t end up on the Chiefs.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Schefty clarified it's a first each in 20 and 21.

Rams firsts are not that high though, I would prefer 3 miami seconds.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Fuckin hell

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/NFLRT/status/1184255747305152512

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’m just not sure paying everyone top dollar while giving away premium picks is sustainable. You do you though Les Snead.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Mariota is bad but he's not Trubisky bad. If he were in Chicago he'd be rightfully starting. If Tannehill were in Chicago they'd probably make the playoffs.

Do you seriously think tannehill is better than Mitch, their rate stats are super close and tannehill throws picks a bit more often

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Diva Cupcake posted:

I’m just not sure paying everyone top dollar while giving away premium picks is sustainable. You do you though Les Snead.

Its probably not, but on the other hand if you can turn the mystery of the draft into already proven assets, is that a terrible thing? Like if you hit these picks out of the park, you might get someone as good as Ramsay

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 16, 2019

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
How good is Jalen Ramsey to ye olde stud corners like champ bailey, revis or nmadi?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mastershakeman posted:

How good is Jalen Ramsey to ye olde stud corners like champ bailey, revis or nmadi?

Up there somewhere when things are right? Revis was better at his best is all I'm willing to say. Well and he'll have to play forever to match Champ.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Did they get Minshew with that trade?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
He's maybe as good as Richard Sherman is right now

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
This will not help the Rams establish the Run so they still are accursed in God’s eyes

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Its probably not, but on the other hand if you can turn the mystery of the draft into already proven assets, is that a terrible thing? Like if you hit these picks out of the park, you might get someone as good as Ramsay

Sure but you’re locking yourself into a stars and scrubs model which is super high variance in the NFL when you can’t afford decent depth.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1184257196151988224
https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1184257557793267713

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Grittybeard posted:

Up there somewhere when things are right? Revis was better at his best is all I'm willing to say. Well and he'll have to play forever to match Champ.

Oh wow. I haven't really ever watched Jalen play so didn't realize he was that good

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mastershakeman posted:

Oh wow. I haven't really ever watched Jalen play so didn't realize he was that good

I might be overstating him some because I really wanted him. But he's the best corner in the game right now if he cares.

He does have to care though. And he's willing to be a problem when he doesn't.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Still pissed the Giants didn't even try to trade up for Revis or Leon Hall

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Bittersweet for Jags fans, sucks to lose Ramsey but that's some nice compensation.

I don't think this gamble's going to work out for the Rams, they're already looking vulnerable in a really competitive NFC West and their offense seems the bigger liability with Gurley hosed and Goff exposed.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
lol what are the rams doing

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Slamming their heads into the panic button repeatedly

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

You miss the problem that 1st round picks are super cheap and veterans aren't. Without those cheap assets under team control you have to really, really hit hte low round picks or your roster will be top heavy with a bunch of terrible players filling in the margins. Especially paying Goff 35 mil a year or w/e

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

OK Eagles, trade for Chris Harris right about now tia

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

mastershakeman posted:

Do you seriously think tannehill is better than Mitch, their rate stats are super close and tannehill throws picks a bit more often

You are going to summon EHud.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lmao
https://twitter.com/CableThanos_/status/1184255531147390976

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jaguars keep Minshew alive and they can possibly improve enough to be the team in the division to go 9-7 and to the playoffs

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

OK Eagles, trade for Chris Harris right about now tia

BRoncos are on a wi̢n͏̠ ̦̠̲̱ͅͅṣ͙̟͚͔͉͢t̲̦̤͇̠ͅr̶̥e̟̗̗̝ͅa̳̥k͢ there's ņ̼̲͇̺̟̺̗ͬ͋͌ͭ̌͊ͥ̐̀͠͝o̩̣̝͔̝͙͍͓͈͉͋͛̆̅͊̎ͨ̑ͭͧ̚͘͜͠ ̴̖̞̪̦̱̰̯͈͙̈̌̀̿ͧ̃ͫ͑̔̓ͭ͑ͤ͑̀͟͞͞w̶̢͚̪͈͓͒ͨͩ̍ͤ̒̕͜ằ̵̯͕̦̯̦̒͐ͬ̽ͦͪy̏͗̔̊̐̔ͮ̓ͦ͡҉̡̩͎͕̤̦̫͇̻͜

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I like trading away Marcus Peters and trading for Jalen Ramsey

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/theStevenRuiz/status/1184260625272377345

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

CableThanos has branched out from hype videos and let me tell you, it's good

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1184277436562837504

2015 qb draft

bust

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Really not a fan of trying to sneak RWBS past a motivated Jalen Ramsey.

But also semi rooting for my guy Shew getting Weapon!z!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:hellyeah:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shirts status: Printed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Laremy Tunsil is worth more than Jalen Ramsey.

Also, yes Ryan Tannehill is better than Trubisky. He never had a coach like Nagy and he can throw to both sides of the field.