Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

No frosting should definitely be one of the evils, probably neutral, and while we're at it make chaotic evil have non-edible bits for sprinkles and make lawful evil look just like lawful good but the frosting is salmon mousse or something

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Facebook Aunt posted:

But I don't want to eat electricity. :(

i feel like anything that can be accurately described as "100% alkaline" is really gonna wreck your esophagus

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sagebrush posted:

i feel like anything that can be accurately described as "100% alkaline" is really gonna wreck your esophagus

Very dangerous to even mention an esophagus wrecking in these forums

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Let’s please also not talk about eyeballing Russian internet drugs again too.

Clicktrack
Aug 15, 2007
Kawasakis! Maicos! PURSANG!

Flanderig

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Infinitum posted:

B^UwU what's this?

*notices absent bulge*

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
https://twitter.com/wheel_able/status/1184305378949025797?s=21

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://twitter.com/davecallantwit/status/540801230293835776

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I've never played DND I only know alignment charts from memes but does anyone ever like chose to be lawful good? It feels like that's the most boring possible one.

Thanks for answering my question. I hope it's ok to ask.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah people who play Paladins and Clerics usually go Lawful Good. It works well when you interpret "Lawful" to mean "disposed to work with institutions instead of against them."

You can have them make nice friends with towns and Kingdoms, have them root out corruption or get betrayed. They end up with titles and land and cool privileged poo poo and get treated like rock stars wherever they go. They don't have to skulk around and problems usually come to them.

It actually works quite nicely when everyone is on the same page and you don't have to deal with this:

On the flip side some people interpret "Lawful" to mean "Anything that breaks the law is forbidden" and you end up with the Paladin who smites the Rogue for picking a lock and breaking through the back door to a dungeon. Those idiots have an even harder time staying tolerated in a game than the murderhobo CN Rogues do.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Lawful Good requires way more RP than neutral or chaotic good because they're basically just "free-thinking somewhat decent person" which is like, most people irl.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

bike tory posted:

Lawful Good requires way more RP than neutral or chaotic good because they're basically just "free-thinking somewhat decent person" which is like, most people irl.

just lol if you're not neutral evil IRL

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Hellblazer187 posted:

I've never played DND I only know alignment charts from memes but does anyone ever like chose to be lawful good? It feels like that's the most boring possible one.

only way to be a paladin or good-aligned monk, last i checked.

ps if i ever get to play D&D again i'm going lawful neutral all the way

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't make me post 200+ D&D memes iTT

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm way too tired to understand any of this but I appreciate the explanation

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah people who play Paladins and Clerics usually go Lawful Good. It works well when you interpret "Lawful" to mean "disposed to work with institutions instead of against them."

You can have them make nice friends with towns and Kingdoms, have them root out corruption or get betrayed. They end up with titles and land and cool privileged poo poo and get treated like rock stars wherever they go. They don't have to skulk around and problems usually come to them.

It actually works quite nicely when everyone is on the same page and you don't have to deal with this:

On the flip side some people interpret "Lawful" to mean "Anything that breaks the law is forbidden" and you end up with the Paladin who smites the Rogue for picking a lock and breaking through the back door to a dungeon. Those idiots have an even harder time staying tolerated in a game than the murderhobo CN Rogues do.

I usually ran with paladins and clerics that interpreted the lawful as how hard they enforced their religion.

My last dragonborn paladin of bahamut was evangelistic as gently caress and left a trail of very confused orcs and goblins with a new faith behind him. He wasn't smart tho, so the rest of the party just convinced him they were totally followers themselves

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I guess i was just thinking it sounded like... Kinda like Superman. You know? Like what one of you said was the really insufferable people.

Chaotic evil sounds like the joker and also insufferable.

Without knowing anything about it at all chaotic good or lawful evil sound more fun. Like, Deadpool or Lex Luthor.

But I really don't understand DND probably because I don't have nerdy interests.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
A good model for a lawful neutral character is Rogal Dorn in the TTS series, someone who's so stoic and serious they go out of their way to not get that something's a metaphor, exaggeration, or joke.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

MizPiz posted:

A good model for a lawful neutral character is Rogal Dorn in the TTS series, someone who's so stoic and serious they go out of their way to not get that something's a metaphor, exaggeration, or joke.

Stannis is my tragic lawful neutral hero

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mr. Fix It posted:

Stannis is my tragic lawful neutral hero

lmao

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There's been so many interpretations of Batman over the years that he can fill out an entire Alignment Chart by himself:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://twitter.com/Mr_Meowwwgi/status/1184348891350781953

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

haha, it is

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

And people say posting in meme threads after midnight isn't worth it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 09:15 on Oct 16, 2019

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Hellblazer187 posted:

in very early editions warriors got followers, and good luck controlling an army of unruly, vile bandits

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

twist and tuck ftw

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Eat The Rich posted:

twist and tuck ftw

And then put it in your bread bin.

Two-axis alignment is bad.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Is there a burger D&D? That would interest me.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

AstroWhale posted:

Is there a burger D&D? That would interest me.

https://www.feastoflegends.com/

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Post more DND memes. I have never played it but I know what it is so its working for me

its working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Infinitum posted:

Don't make me post 200+ D&D memes iTT

Don't threaten me with a good time.