Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There is only one reason to ever have a goatee-- you're too lazy to regularly shave your chin/mustache because the hairs are just too hard and it hurts in the morning and ouch mommy I don't want to go to school.

Seriously, commit to as much of a beard as you can if you don't want to shave the goatee area even if you can't have a full one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That was not the ending I was hoping for when he said "Your democratic boyfriend calls me when"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Picnic Princess posted:

That was not the ending I was hoping for when he said "Your democratic boyfriend calls me when"

It's sort of an exchange of services.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

mind the walrus posted:

There is only one reason to ever have a goatee-- you're too lazy to regularly shave your chin/mustache because the hairs are just too hard and it hurts in the morning and ouch mommy I don't want to go to school.

Seriously, commit to as much of a beard as you can if you don't want to shave the goatee area even if you can't have a full one.

Some of us actually have mustaches/goatees that don't make us look like suburban guys who knows he's getting a divorce when the last kid graduates high school

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Van Dykes are the exception.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I loving lost it at "basically a hedgehog"

loving lmao

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

I'd gladly have a full beard, but the rest of my face is super patchy.

anyway:

https://twitter.com/amorygatsby/status/1184221120658063362?s=20

the tweeter doing the calling out is not the iosm

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ambitious Spider posted:

I'd gladly have a full beard, but the rest of my face is super patchy.

I used to be afraid of this too but actually watch entertainment media-- a lot of guys, including ugly and studly guys alike, have patchy beards. Ever see Keanu try to grow his out? What about Jon Snow? Ever notice that Riker's beard shaves off the cheeks? It's all about how you style/groom what you have and match it to the rest of your look. Don't get me wrong, it's work and you have to take a shower and style yourself, but it's very do-able to pull off a patchy beard unless you're around a bunch of aggro douchebags who consider anything less than a full Grizzly Adams "some queer poo poo."

quote:

anyway:

https://twitter.com/amorygatsby/status/1184221120658063362?s=20

the tweeter doing the calling out is not the iosm

ngl I'm curious about the recipe since coleslaw is extremely Dutch.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is it pico de gallo? The thing I had to explain to a million customers was the same thing as salsa.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Holy poo poo. I looked for the recipe and all of them are clearly written by a white person who probably ate some coleslaw (Edit: in some parts of southern Mexico, people will put colesaw in their panuchos or tacos, a lot of times it doesn't have anything but just lime,because the whole flavour is given by the salsas and meat) on a trip to Cancún and is trying to replicate it, and is making some bullshit with loving honey whatthefuck is wrong with you all?

OH GOD I kept reading and...SOMEONE ADDED BEANS.

and mayo...

What in the gently caress

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/amorygatsby/status/1184222610651058176

I’ve been saying this!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I read something about that in the last Coleslaw Quarterly.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

I used to be afraid of this too but actually watch entertainment media-- a lot of guys, including ugly and studly guys alike, have patchy beards. Ever see Keanu try to grow his out? What about Jon Snow? Ever notice that Riker's beard shaves off the cheeks? It's all about how you style/groom what you have and match it to the rest of your look. Don't get me wrong, it's work and you have to take a shower and style yourself, but it's very do-able to pull off a patchy beard unless you're around a bunch of aggro douchebags who consider anything less than a full Grizzly Adams "some queer poo poo."

That's not my crowd, so I'm up for giving it a shot.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

MizPiz posted:

Some of us actually have mustaches/goatees that don't make us look like suburban guys who knows he's getting a divorce when the last kid graduates high school

Your goatee still looks bad and you're in denial.

The comprehensive list of facial hair that can look good is and exclusively is.
  • well cared for beard
  • well cared for chops
  • moustache [if gay]
  • moustache [if :boonie:]

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

I bet it was my column!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Inceltown posted:

• well cared for beard
  • well cared for chops
  • moustache [if gay]

you forgot one:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Brawnfire posted:

Ugh, CQ is just a poor man's Slaw Fancy as far as I'm concerned

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Inceltown posted:

• well cared for beard
  • well cared for chops
  • moustache [if gay]

[*]moustache [if Inigo Montoya]

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Inceltown posted:

• moustache [if gay]

FTFY

beards are well known to be gay culture

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is social media imo

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sagebrush posted:

you forgot one:

This is covered under the 'if gay' clause.

T-man posted:

FTFY

beards are well known to be gay culture

Please don't try erase Australian cricket history. Boonie is a smilie for a reason.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Deeply concerned.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Desperado Bones posted:

Holy poo poo. I looked for the recipe and all of them are clearly written by a white person who probably ate some coleslaw (Edit: in some parts of southern Mexico, people will put colesaw in their panuchos or tacos, a lot of times it doesn't have anything but just lime,because the whole flavour is given by the salsas and meat) on a trip to Cancún and is trying to replicate it, and is making some bullshit with loving honey whatthefuck is wrong with you all?

OH GOD I kept reading and...SOMEONE ADDED BEANS.

and mayo...

What in the gently caress

After visiting Mexico a dozen times, it's embarrassing what gets called "Mexican" up here. I'm really sorry for our terrible phony Mexican recipes.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

zoux posted:

This is social media imo

I dunno, sounds like the idiot was on a plane. Hopefully she reads it though.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

After visiting Mexico a dozen times, it's embarrassing what gets called "Mexican" up here. I'm really sorry for our terrible phony Mexican recipes.

I hate you all, really. :negative:
I need to find the video (posted on twitter) of the white lady that was "cooking" pozole and ended up with something that looked like a drunk person's vomit.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

zoux posted:

This is social media imo

As someone who prints crap like this a full page ad like that is likely at least $1k, maybe more depending on the paper size and the total draw of the publication, just loving lol.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Picnic Princess posted:

Yup, at my old community college the student center cafe served a burrito that was mayo and smashed baked beans.
This was in California.
In a town so overwhelmingly Mexican you can still buy bomb rear end tamales out of a van from an abuela that doesn't speak any English and her granddaughter if your timing is right.
:psyduck:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
https://twitter.com/altonbrown/status/1184190297422606338
It has its highlights.

The downside though is 90% of it is people using this as a talking point to pretend mansplaining doesn't exist at all and is made up and saying that gender doesn't come into it because it's just two people and men and women are completely equal and what is context, anyway?

For as much as these people misappropriate MLK's "judge by deed, not by color" sentiment, they make it clear over and over they have no idea what that even means.
"How can you hate this woman's abominable views?? She's not white! Why are you judging her by her race??"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ambitious Spider posted:

That's not my crowd, so I'm up for giving it a shot.

Patchy beard-haver checking in; I used to have the Van Dyke because it was the only thing I thought I could grow, until I had a similar realization. As a bonus, given a couple months your beard might grow to cover your bald spots.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Patchy beard-haver checking in; I used to have the Van Dyke because it was the only thing I thought I could grow, until I had a similar realization. As a bonus, given a couple months your beard might grow to cover your bald spots.

I do a Van Dyke (but shorter and without the bit under my bottom lip) because my facial hair really only grows there apart from a few disconnected patches. I’d like a fuller beard but keeping it trim works.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Vib Rib posted:

For as much as these people misappropriate MLK's "judge by deed, not by color" sentiment, they make it clear over and over they have no idea what that even means.
"How can you hate this woman's abominable views?? She's not white! Why are you judging her by her race??"
They know what it means, they just care more about owning the libs.

Re: beardchat, the best thing I ever did as a patchy face-haver was to go into seclusion for paternity leave and be too sleep-deprived to shave for a month. The beard was inside me all along, I just needed several intermediate weeks to not care what I looked like.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

mind the walrus posted:

you're too lazy

My raison d'etre.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Chad kids dunking on each other can be pretty funny.

wizzardstaff posted:

They know what it means, they just care more about owning the libs.
:hmmyes:
A lot of liberals/leftists think that conservatives/libertarians/alt-rights/fascists are concerned with anything other than chud games of power. They are not. They are about machismo. Anything less than a thunderclap of your rear end cheeks powerful enough to rival theirs is not going to be respected.

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 04:10 on Oct 16, 2019

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Finally, a fivehead-havin' white man to explain to us what racism really is (disagreeing with him)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

there wolf posted:

Hitting doesn't work for dogs either. It doesn't teach them to not do something, just avoid getting caught doing it.

I'm pages late, but I love this quote from one of the Sharpe episodes: "the only thing whipping teaches a soldier is how to turn his back."

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Desperado Bones posted:

Overall some doctors are dumb assholes.

The wound care place I go to has a policy of not prescribing pain medication. You know, the place that treats burns and bone infections and does fun stuff like cauterization :downs:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mother Theresa is still practicing?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Ebola Roulette posted:

The wound care place I go to has a policy of not prescribing pain medication. You know, the place that treats burns and bone infections and does fun stuff like cauterization :downs:

As someone who burned her foot with hot water, hot enough for some skin to peel off, and knows the pain.... that is cruel.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mind the walrus posted:

Anything less than a thunderclap of your rear end cheeks powerful enough to rival theirs is not going to be respected.

Sounds like they'd find that homose-
*Jeopardy theme plays*
*thinks about how often gay-bashing republicans get busted for soliciting dude prostitutes*
Ooooh..... Now it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ebola Roulette posted:

As somebody who's watching a loved one go through the "Sorry about your horrible pain, but you need to understand our metrics say we can't prescribe any more pain meds" routine, you have my sympathy :(