Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

time to cancel this game, brb

wait til they find out about detective Dick Mullen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

amazing insight in the steam community forums

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

frajaq posted:

yo how do I get a map lol

Second floor of the bookstore, on the wall.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Second floor of the bookstore, on the wall.

thanks

gently caress me man I skipped going to second floor because I was so curious about the curtains

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

sloppy portmanteau posted:

Well I just opened a shipping container by reasoning with it, and found a 1 per-center so rich that light bent around them.

10/10

MEGA RICH LIGHT-BENDING GUY

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
This game is really neat, I’m immediately drawn in by the writing and gorgeous art. It’s fun to play a hopeless fuckup. I particularly liked trying to skip out on a bar tab by flipping double birds and diving into a wheelchair-bound woman.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Here is the centrist thought btw:

Worst thing is, it's actually pretty good.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
My stomach just tried to convince me to convert to facism. That’s.... not some kind of out of context joke or something. That is the entirety of what just happened. What the gently caress is this game

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Stroth posted:

My stomach just tried to convince me to convert to facism. That’s.... not some kind of out of context joke or something. That is the entirety of what just happened. What the gently caress is this game

DISCO ELYSIUM

edit: I just found out that British Sea Power does the music for the game, they do some solid post-rock tunes

dead gay comedy forums fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 16, 2019

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Is it a coincidence that my inner thoughts tried to turn me into a liberal right after talking through the race realist's dialogue tree?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Played for five hours and got through the first day. Holy poo poo this game is incredible. I'd watched the opening of the game via about five different streams and came across interactions and dialogue none of the streamers encountered.

Had to take a break to decompress a bit but looking forward to my Communist Sorry Cop's future adventures in convincing people his name is Raphael.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

5 minutes in and I just lol'ed the gently caress out with my limbic system

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Having a good time as a batshit crazy apocalypse hobo cop, 2/5/2/3. Haven't made a ton of progress since I'm trying to exhaust every single line of excellent dialogue from every character.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Played for five hours and got through the first day. Holy poo poo this game is incredible. I'd watched the opening of the game via about five different streams and came across interactions and dialogue none of the streamers encountered.

Had to take a break to decompress a bit but looking forward to my Communist Sorry Cop's future adventures in convincing people his name is Raphael.

I’m doing a similar run I see. Nobody has bought the Raphael thing and I honestly haven’t learned my full name yet.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

tried to play a 1 physique cop, had a heart attack and died trying to get my tie off the ceiling fan

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I died because I couldn't stop myself from saying cock carousel

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I ended up quitting the force because the thought of communism failing made me too sad to carry on.

10/10

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

The Saddest Rhino posted:

time to cancel this game, brb

Lol. I don't like CTH either but sif I'm going to wish failure things on the whole company because the voice director thought getting them in would be cool

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I lol'd when my character carefully tried to observe the ball game the two old veterans play and then he proceeded to just chuck the ball into the ocean.

"OH I thought it was shot put"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Actually watching them, instead of immediately chucking it like Physical Instrument told me to led to my chance going down from 85% to 43% or so. I then failed, thus throwing the ball perfectly according to the game. And Coach Physical Instrument was VERY disappointed with me. This opened up a new Thought and now I get +2 Physical instrument if I am not wearing a shirt.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I don't suppose there is even the slightest chance of finding my gun or badge, is there. Oh well.

It also looks highly unlikely that I'll have a place to sleep tonight, and even that comically small bribe of 25 real the Union boss offers me won't put even a dent into my bill. Not that I'm in a rush to get to Day 2, since some people are experiencing a bug where they just cannot save the game at all on Day 2 or beyond.

Ryuujin posted:

Actually watching them, instead of immediately chucking it like Physical Instrument told me to led to my chance going down from 85% to 43% or so. I then failed, thus throwing the ball perfectly according to the game. And Coach Physical Instrument was VERY disappointed with me. This opened up a new Thought and now I get +2 Physical instrument if I am not wearing a shirt.

Yeah, knowing what game is being played is, for some reason, a -2 penalty? I know that high ranks are not always good, but some of these penalties are baffling.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 16, 2019

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

So hitting tab shows all the clickables on screen if anyone didn't know.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I don't suppose there is even the slightest chance of finding my gun or badge, is there. Oh well.

You can find your badge once you manage to cross the canal

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Broken Cog posted:

You can find your badge once you manage to cross the canal

Isn't the bridge stuck up? I suppose maybe I could try to do something about that. It sounds like a Day 2 sort of thing, though.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I already love this game forever

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Isn't the bridge stuck up?

You can lower it from day 3 forward.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Yeah, knowing what game is being played is, for some reason, a -2 penalty? I know that high ranks are not always good, but some of these penalties are baffling.

Noooo in this case to actually win the game you WANT to fail your Physical Instrument check and refrain from utilizing all of your strength and chucking the ball into the ocean. I feel like it's there to teach you that succeeding a check sometimes means you're succumbing to an influence and not necessarily "winning"

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
This game owns so much. What a great surprise :allears:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

It's because Physical Instrument wants you to impress the old guys with your raw strength, it doesn't actually care about the game. Your bonus is +2 for rushing in before you know what's going on, your penalty is -2 for actually knowing what's EXPECTED (and so sabotaging PI's intent by actually trying to play the game instead). It's just contextual to what the roll actually represents here.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't want to become a semenese supremacist, but I also don't want to get murdered by a semenese supremacist

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Turtlicious posted:

I don't want to become a semenese supremacist, but I also don't want to get murdered by a semenese supremacist

You can circumvent that guy completely by getting up on the roof and jumping the wall instead.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Yeah your stats are really representations of your character's inner world and your character's inner world is hosed up. My drama stat keeps telling me to lie for no reason and my motorics skills keep telling me to steal things I don't need.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
Okay. So. Very important fact about all those voices in your head:

They are allowed to lie to you.

This loving game man.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

It also looks highly unlikely that I'll have a place to sleep tonight, and even that comically small bribe of 25 real the Union boss offers me won't put even a dent into my bill. Not that I'm in a rush to get to Day 2, since some people are experiencing a bug where they just cannot save the game at all on Day 2 or beyond.

With enough authority you can just refuse to owe him the money.

Also I'll admit Kitsuragi is growing on me. An excellent straight man to my batshit insane ravings. Though I can't bring myself to completely be a dick to him.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Yeah your stats are really representations of your character's inner world and your character's inner world is hosed up. My drama stat keeps telling me to lie for no reason and my motorics skills keep telling me to steal things I don't need.

Having a high Volition is important, if only to have to opportunity to realize that things are bad ideas.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also if Kim likes you enough he'll spot you the money by letting you sell some hubcaps he has that covers the damages.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i am 4/2/4/2 cop at the end of the first day and i still don't know my character's name. i know his initials, and i'm pretty sure both his first and last name have come up, but i haven't had any prompts that solidify it yet. Kim seems completely unfazed by this and is actively annoyed when i try to explain to him "no for real i got no loving clue on my own name dude help me out here"

i'm also stumped with what to do next. i spent most of the day resolving the hanging body situation, didn't really get over to the docks until night time, overcame the meat head racist guarding the button with a DISCO INFERNO 360 noscope head shot spin kick but then when i explored the area behind that door, there were no other NPCs and it appears to dead-end inside an upholstered and furnished crate. then kim got bitchy about it being night time and when i walked back down, the city was empty.

what the gently caress do i do next?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Also, for anyone struggling to cover the damage you owe to your hotelroom:

The liberal lady on the boat at the northern docks can cover the entire amount if you ask her.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Freaking Crumbum posted:

i am 4/2/4/2 cop at the end of the first day and i still don't know my character's name. i know his initials, and i'm pretty sure both his first and last name have come up, but i haven't had any prompts that solidify it yet. Kim seems completely unfazed by this and is actively annoyed when i try to explain to him "no for real i got no loving clue on my own name dude help me out here"

i'm also stumped with what to do next. i spent most of the day resolving the hanging body situation, didn't really get over to the docks until night time, overcame the meat head racist guarding the button with a DISCO INFERNO 360 noscope head shot spin kick but then when i explored the area behind that door, there were no other NPCs and it appears to dead-end inside an upholstered and furnished crate. then kim got bitchy about it being night time and when i walked back down, the city was empty.

what the gently caress do i do next?

I think you can head back to the hotel and check into your room now; the people in the dock leave after 10 PM or somewhere around there so you'll need to catch them the next day.

Edit:

Broken Cog posted:

The liberal lady on the boat at the northern docks can cover the entire amount if you ask her.

Only if you can beat the skill check! My cop failed it and was too ashamed to ask. I attempted to overcome it with the Communist ideal that there's nothing wrong with taking money from the rich if you're poor but my brain said that wasn't good enough. I did have the option to say I was scum, though!

Wicked Them Beats fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Broken Cog posted:

I don't beg for money from the filthy bourgeoisie . :colbert:

I love how in the morning on the second day when you talk to Elizabeth she thinks you're being sarcastic when you go with the communist response to one of her statements and the inner dialogue is all, "People have a hard time believing that a communist cop is real".

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 16, 2019