Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Menchanted Fartholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/allgamesdelta_/status/1183835850196561921?s=21

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

hell yea

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Who needs an awful open world walk to map markers.game from 2009 when an awful walk to map markers gane with huge, grotesque, throbbing horse testicles and hotse vulva is coming out on pc in a few weeks

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I might actually play this now

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Who needs an awful open world walk to map markers.game from 2009 when an awful walk to map markers gane with huge, grotesque, throbbing horse testicles and hotse vulva is coming out on pc in a few weeks

Do you even Doo Doo Truck, brah?

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
https://i.imgur.com/xOQSzSI.mp4

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Disco Elysium comes out today. Looks set to redefine the adventure RPG genre

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan posted:

It's sick

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Disco elysiass

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Edit: shitsco

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

Apparently if you buy it on GOG you get Underrail too which is good and everyone should play

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

Apparently if you buy it on GOG you get Underrail too which is good and everyone should play

Sans ftw.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
disco elysium is a dumb name but it looks cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

My first impressions from playing today are really really strong; it's very funny and weird. I got a game over earlier from some mobster in a conversation whittling down my morale and convincing me to quit my job as a cop and give up on the case , like a reverse version of that final boss fight from Planescape that people always talk about

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's kind of strange to describe but it's like if someone took Planescape but took out the combat and replaced it with good dialogue, better music, etc. Its cool how nobody believes you when you say you don't remember anything and if you prove it they get insanely scared because instead of an alcoholic cop you're now an insane smelly homeless person raving about philosophy. Just from the little bit I've seen theres a LOT of ways to build your character.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It has good art direction and focusing on dialogue and internal thoughts as the primary gameplay is basically perfect for adventure/detective games, but it already seems a lot less open ended than people think and theres been a ton of cringe writing since the devs are eastern european or whatever. Those complaints aside its totally worth playing still, but be prepared for dumbass goons saying its the greatest rpg ever made and best video game writing of all time for too long

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Your cringe detector is broken, the writing is epic

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I heard the game is redpilled, as well.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

It has good art direction and focusing on dialogue and internal thoughts as the primary gameplay is basically perfect for adventure/detective games, but it already seems a lot less open ended than people think and theres been a ton of cringe writing since the devs are eastern european or whatever. Those complaints aside its totally worth playing still, but be prepared for dumbass goons saying its the greatest rpg ever made and best video game writing of all time for too long

I think a lot of the cringy stuff was probably purposefully written that way but otherwise yeah. I dont think a cop story needs to be open ended but it's cool that you can pick what kind of cop you are even if the story is mostly the same regardless

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Im a galactic brained genius and i play bioware infinity engine games for the engaging combat so im giveing this cuck/sjw/woman game a pass

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
lolling when i remember that chapo trap house did va for the game

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
its good and i like it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Im a galactic brained genius and i play bioware infinity engine games for the engaging combat so im giveing this cuck/sjw/woman game a pass

Would a sjw game have this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/3032537193879549687

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
That's pretty cool but how many PC games have couch co op built in.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sonic Mania VS mode hype

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

shitsco aidscum

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dickshow Failqueasycum.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It’s nice having an adventure game with some depth to it. The mix of comedy and mature subject matter is refreshing in a genre dominated by Telltale garbage.

Havin said that: Pissco Weeweecum

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

It’s nice having an adventure game with some depth to it. The mix of comedy and mature subject matter is refreshing in a genre dominated by Telltale garbage.

Havin said that: Pissco Weeweecum

My first (and only) experience with the elder god crpg genre was with the Shadowrun remake and I really enjoyed it. I will be getting Pisslord Ballscum at some point in the future.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Justno Wontplaythisone.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Justno Wontplaythisone.

Your loss.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Average Bear posted:

That's pretty cool but how many PC games have couch co op built in.

Enter the gungeon has local mp only

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I want to get pcxbox game pass games running on steam in home streaming but it's a pain in the rear end.

Are those other streaming programs like parsec or midnight any good?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

People have told me parsec works great for fighting games that normally have lovely netplay but host gets frame advantage. Better than stuff that is normally unplayable like Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Guilty Gear +R. I've personally never used it. I don't know if this helps answer your question at all.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://twitter.com/zachtronics

Ahhhh poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Thats cool bu t i havent played exapunks much and im too stupidnto get vwry far in spacechem