Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Went home for Canucksgiving weekend and somehow found my old GB Gold cart. Battery is, of course, shot. Is it worth anything? I don't have much use for it since one can't port mons from it anyway.
(Also found my GBC, GBA, and the rest of the small handful of games I had so I might have to see if any of them hold up. At very least there's Advance Wars 2.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
If you kept the boxes and manuals might fetch something pretty. I sold all my GB and GBA games when Go! became popular and made out like a bandit.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's time for me to take up the mantle of 6 Magikarp Guy.

Six is overkill, you really only need one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzN9wMTgVzk

less laughter posted:

Unown is a Pokémon.

And you can solo the game with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L269iB4Lrwo

Rudoku posted:

Except Ledian. gently caress what they did to Ledian. I could run a G/S Furret to endgame easy, but not that thing.

.....Yeah, Ledian actually is pretty bad. I tried keeping one on my team so many times as a kid because it had such a great design, but it can't do damage and dies so frickin' easily.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

.....Yeah, Ledian actually is pretty bad. I tried keeping one on my team so many times as a kid because it had such a great design, but it can't do damage and dies so frickin' easily.

We need justice for Ledian.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

less laughter posted:

Galarian Ledian somehow also evolves into Obstagoon
Now we are all sons of Obstagoons

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

less laughter posted:

Unown is a Pokémon.

I filled my unowndex

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm assuming these are going to be in the trailer in the morning. Enjoy even more Kanto nostalgia-baiting. :sigh:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1184354108368674817

Meowth and Pikachu are two more things to check off of the Affleck leak as being real, at least.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
god gigantamax pokemon is such a loving lame gimmick compared to megas.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

KungFu Grip posted:

god gigantamax pokemon is such a loving lame gimmick compared to megas.

You sure that Charizard looks pretty awesome.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It'd be awesome if Charizard didn't already have two special forms and wasn't already constantly shoved at us. :argh:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

You sure that Charizard looks pretty awesome.

I'm glad we get to look at it for at least 3 turns per gym battle

Vandar posted:

It'd be awesome if Charizard didn't already have two special forms and wasn't already constantly shoved at us. :argh:

this too. It just comes across as cheap kanto bait for original pokemon players that they believe have moved on

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Grand Lord of the Floof, Eevee.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm glad we get to look at it for at least 3 turns per gym battle

Yea gygawhatever is leaving me entirely cold.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Charizard was expected since the champion seems to have one as his ace but ugh

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
boring designs for a boring gimmick i guess

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I dont like megas

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way the Gigantomax Meowth is of the Kanto version but the leak also said there’s a Galar Meowth. That’s really weird, unless it has gigantomax forms for both. Or maybe the leaker mistook another Pokémon as a Galar Meowth.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i like that game freak apparently took people going "we want fat pikachu" to mean "we want a pikachu that is fat"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

i like that game freak apparently took people going "we want fat pikachu" to mean "we want a pikachu that is fat"

they are right

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I wznt proper evos make the mega evos permament

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Those designs suck rear end.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I like Longcat

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm ok with the mega evolution but some of those pokemon should still get normal evos

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
like mega pinsir looks so cool

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Sayonara, Mega Beedrill...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Vandar posted:

I'm willing to bet Charizard is one of the more popular Pokemon in general, not just to the gen one crowd

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Charizard is the only bad pokémon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pikachu and meowth are cool, thanks affleck, but i cant believe gigamax eevee is just eevee with the fluff slightly bigger. I like the idea of charizard's design, but there's no way itll look good ingame.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I love my big angry eevee.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Would a gygamax eevee or meowth even be usable. How much of a boost does that give again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Avalerion posted:

Would a gygamax eevee or meowth even be usable. How much of a boost does that give again.

Like 200 HP and one specific move becomes like a Super Duper Z-Move

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

And meowth has like 40 in everything so... that seems really pointless, would be a pain to use even in the story.

Think it’s strongest regular move is slash. :(

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Oct 16, 2019

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

ROFL Octopus posted:

Sayonara, Mega Beedrill...

This makes me sad...

I could deal with no Mega Gardevoir or Mega Aggron anymore, but Mega Beedrill looked so cool.

Come on Gamefreak. Just let Beedrill have that as a regular evolution. Don't take that away from it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Psycho Knight posted:

This makes me sad...

I could deal with no Mega Gardevoir or Mega Aggron anymore, but Mega Beedrill looked so cool.

Come on Gamefreak. Just let Beedrill have that as a regular evolution. Don't take that away from it.

At the very least, Give Beedrill his Mega stats so he can stop being completely useless.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

TaurusOxford posted:

At the very least, Give Beedrill his Mega stats so he can stop being completely useless.

Make Mega Beedrill the evolution of male Combee.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

mandatory lesbian posted:

I'm willing to bet Charizard is one of the more popular Pokemon in general, not just to the gen one crowd

Someone actually paid a $10000 asking price on a shiny charizard card from the newest card game set last month and started a gold rush for the card.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dehry posted:

Someone actually paid a $10000 asking price on a shiny charizard card from the newest card game set last month and started a gold rush for the card.

Tag your One Piece spoilers

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i2_Eotzh6M

GIGANTAMAX pokemon

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Reminded to check if there was any update on that super expensive card that went missing in the post

There isn't, of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo the Eevee and Pikachu require Let's Go