Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving liberals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ive betrayed my own plan of always picking the funniest option but one constant is that, when it shows up, I will always pick "I am the law"

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I only had 2 hours to play yesterday but I am loving pumped to get back to it. This game rules.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Bug reports can be added here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeGizVkDIXcCe6qlJmbhZ6dwVBB2GT9ivGGJ3JRJp4YdLjoGg/viewform?usp=sf_link

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I started over because I'm a serial game restarter and I will never be able to stop (my stomach tells me to) and managed to Get the body down day 1 Really happy with how my 2nd attempt is going.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Oh my god. Oh my god in heaven.

I succeeded(?) at the Karaoke skill check.

... This is what people have been hearing my character speak like all game?! I sound like a swamp toad with laryngitis.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The way you find your badge is loving incredible. How they made just sitting with someone, passing time, feel just as beautiful yet also loving boring as it actually is was magnificent. Then what seems like a really big missing piece of the initial puzzle unfolds, you get the answer to a question you probably weren't asking but probably should've been, and you get a whole bunch of information about who you are and a lot of insight into Kim in that moment too. It's amazing

How is this these guys' first game? This thing is a downright masterpiece.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I can't sleep because in part I'm still thinking about some of the oddities in a fictional murder in a videogame.

(Don't answer these, I want to find them out on my own)
?: Who called in the murder? And why wait for four days?
?: Who dumped the vic's clothes in the locked dumpster? The manager denies it, so was it someone from the sanitation company?
?: Was the person who dumped the clothes one of the people who killed him?
?: Who was the victim, really? He's wearing armor far more expensive than an ordinary guard should have. That suggests a highly elite mercenary or bodyguard. But such a person should know well enough that they're not invulnerable, so why were they in an area to get ambushed, presumably alone? Were they alone?
?: Why kill them behind Whirling-in-Rags?
?: Is the fence crash related to the hanging? It seems unlikely to be a coincidence, those tracks probably couldn't stay there for too much earlier than the killing.

Eschatos posted:

With enough authority you can just refuse to owe him the money.

Nope, not an option for my build, which has a base of 2 and a current thought with a penalty to it.

Broken Cog posted:

Also, for anyone struggling to cover the damage you owe to your hotelroom:

The liberal lady on the boat at the northern docks can cover the entire amount if you ask her.

... I suppose that might be my only choice. I'm not a fan of begging, but I'm not going to make up that amount by collecting bottles and loose change. I also doubt my station will be in a hurry to front the money after I report that I lost some vital equipment. I'll try that first, though.

I could also try taking on the paranormal investigation from the bookstore, but I'm sure I don't have the appropriate stat build to do anything (4224), so I shouldn't even bother.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

perfect timing, my game seems to have stopped letting me level up 6 hours in. Really wavering on whether to just start again, I've got pretty attached to my weirdo loser cop.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
this game is the Psych AU RPG I never realized I wanted. A+++

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wicked Them Beats posted:

About how long was your play time and do you think you'll be doing a run with a different character or do you feel like you need to set it aside for a while before revisiting?

Took me about 14-18 hours to get through, but it's hard to estimate accurately. One of the switches from preview to review to final build reset my game clock :v:

I'll absolutely play it again. My first playthrough was with the cold and logical science guy and I want to try a physical powerhouse or the psychological mastermind, and I have the feeling there's entire side plots I missed out on because my character wasn't empathetic/impressive/whatever enough to discover them. Not immediately though, but that's largely because I'm currently playing Indivisible :)

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
Goddamn I did some loving policework today. Real Dick Mullen poo poo.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Boots Acquired

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Am I missing something or did I get a really lovely persistent bug, I'm reinstalling the game overnight but it seems like my inventory is busted. I restarted because I liked the idea of doing Inland Empire more with Physique based build than Logic, but now I for some reason start with a shoe already on my foot visually (empty in inventory) and it picks up the shoe on the rack which places it in the slot, and I can't pick up the blank tape like I did before. When I go outside to get the second shoe I "pick it up" but it basically does nothing, no shoe in my inventory and no pair of shoes equipped. It's driving me nuts, I've restarted more than once trying to deal with it, I'd assume it was build related but the ghost shoe on my foot and it not finishing the "Find Your Other Shoe" task is telling me it's just broken.

Between that and the disappearing cursor glitch I'm hoping there's a patch soon.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

RIP Anonymous Cop, kicked a furnace and died of a heart attack.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Gah! What have I done? My face looks sad now

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

3/3/3/3. Let's see where this takes us.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm doing everything I can to not buy this game and wait for it to be on sale but drat it's getting to me.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
give them your food money

they deserve it more than you

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Am I missing something or did I get a really lovely persistent bug, I'm reinstalling the game overnight but it seems like my inventory is busted. I restarted because I liked the idea of doing Inland Empire more with Physique based build than Logic, but now I for some reason start with a shoe already on my foot visually (empty in inventory) and it picks up the shoe on the rack which places it in the slot, and I can't pick up the blank tape like I did before. When I go outside to get the second shoe I "pick it up" but it basically does nothing, no shoe in my inventory and no pair of shoes equipped. It's driving me nuts, I've restarted more than once trying to deal with it, I'd assume it was build related but the ghost shoe on my foot and it not finishing the "Find Your Other Shoe" task is telling me it's just broken.

Between that and the disappearing cursor glitch I'm hoping there's a patch soon.

This bug happens when you have already loaded a save and then quit the main menu and start a new game. To avoid it you need to completely quit the game (back to windows) and then start a new save.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

:siren: Thread project: post character creator builds that would match personalities of famous tv/movie detectives. :siren:

Palpek fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Oct 16, 2019

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Is it weird that I'm almost intimidated to start this game?
Like I've procrastinated on playing it all night.
It feels too big, too overwhelming to tackle at anything less than 100% mental energy.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Early but 4/4/2/2 has let me Columbo pretty hard. Looking like a tired over the hill sack of poo poo that everyone runs roughshod over right until the trap closes on them.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

ChrisBTY posted:

Is it weird that I'm almost intimidated to start this game?
Like I've procrastinated on playing it all night.
It feels too big, too overwhelming to tackle at anything less than 100% mental energy.

I was weary at first too since Tuesday is a terrible release point but it was well worth it even if I did not get far in the few hours I had. Just play it, its great.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Did anyone shoot the child behind the fence? I borrowed Kitsuragi's gun but my chance was so low I didn't even attempt it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

It's me, the one goon who's trying to play this as a straight cop procedural.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I tried to make a dull character but everything came out low key insane anyway, 10/10.

I think I'm about to talk myself into being racist against... myself?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cmon Kim, running is good exercise!

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I like the way that having the mother of all hangovers/come-downs is a good in-game explanation of character progession. It makes sense that I'm not at my top level of Savoire Faire on day one, but instead am slowly getting my act together.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

1/5/5/1 cop with a signature skill in Shivers, let's go. Give your secrets to me, Revanchol, because I'm too poo poo of a detective to be able to work them out myself.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Palpek posted:

:siren: Thread project: post character creator builds that would match personalities of famous tv/movie detectives. :siren:

McNulty 6/2/2/2 - Electrochemistry

Herc 1/1/6/2 - Physical Instrument

Lester 5/3/1/3 - Savoir Faire

Prop Joe 4/4/1/3 - Drama

Lemon fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Oct 16, 2019

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i gotta say, as an alcoholic, that they loving nailed the entire opening sequence of what it's like to try and wake up with an extreme hangover. that liminal state where you're still asleep but you're alert enough to know it's going to hurt to wake up, so you're trying as hard as you can to just float along in the darkness until the last possible moment, loving spoke to me. if it's possible to die in the opening sequence because you just don't want to wake up hard enough, i wouldn't even be mad

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Megazver posted:

give them your food money

they deserve it more than you

I caved in and bought it. I got it on GOG so i can at least pretend I saved £10 though I don't think i'll ever play underail

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Something I think is underappreciated is their decision to put all the text in a narrow, full-height box at the side of the screen, rather than the classic long landscape box at the bottom.
It is so much closer to the experience of reading a book than the few weird ultra-long lines you get in that landscape presentation.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

So there's a quest for the union boss where You have to give an envelope to two people in the fishing village for a lovely, corrupt youth center but the game tells you that there is an alternative of getting "anyone to sign it", WHERE THE gently caress IS THIS "ANYONE" BECAUSE LITERALLY NO ONE HAS THAT OPTION

Also I presume this quest with the union boss is how I get my gun? WHICH I STILL DON'T HAVE ON DAY 5

Quicksilver6 fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 16, 2019

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

After feeling ashamed at my own poverty and insisting the bartender tell me every awful thing I did while drunk so I could apologize for the acts individually, I am now a Sorry Cop.

I've been roleplaying as myself and feel like I have a lot of thinking to do.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Quicksilver6 posted:

So there's a quest for the union boss where You have to give an envelope to two people in the fishing village for a lovely, corrupt youth center but the game tells you that there is an alternative of getting "anyone to sign it", WHERE THE gently caress IS THIS "ANYONE" BECAUSE LITERALLY NO ONE HAS THAT OPTION

Also I presume this quest with the union boss is how I get my gun? WHICH I STILL DON'T HAVE ON DAY 5

I don't know about "anyone", but with the proper checks, you can make a forgery of the signarutes, which Kim says will cause the contract to be found invalid after you've left the place..

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

For the love of god, how and where do I do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Quicksilver6 posted:

For the love of god, how and where do I do that

Inspect the contract through the inventory