Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Rumor is that the Browns are going to trade Njoku, Avery, and a 1st to Washington for Trent Williams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Don’t send Njoku to Washington :(

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Yudo posted:

Rumor is that the Browns are going to trade Njoku, Avery, and a 1st to Washington for Trent Williams.

That's an obscene overpay..........

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That's an obscene overpay..........

Counterpoint: the Browns line is poo poo and Williams is really good, healthy and under contract this year and next.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Either the Buyers way undervalue future draft picks on the presumption that the window for Young Decent QB is immediate once you find your guy, or the Sellers way overvalue picks in future years that can't all play together and don't contribute to a single SB year.

Its gonna be fun to see which methodology pays off.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The Browns line looks worse than it is because of Baker running from phantom pressure. RT is really where we completely suck. Williams would certainly be an upgrade but I doubt he fixes Baker running scared constantly and the coaches being dumb.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Kitchens' play calling and scheme are doing Mayfield no favors. Still, 9-7 may be good enough to get into the playoffs in a weak AFC so perhaps they are 100% in win now mode.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Giving up either the 1st or Njoku + Avery I could live with but all together is just painful. I really don't think this is even a 9-7 team even if we brought in a new LT. Baker clearly doesn't trust the line without Zietler. It's the same group except for him. Throw in Schreff and I could be ok with the combo but straight up yikes.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Giving up either the 1st or Njoku + Avery I could live with but all together is just painful. I really don't think this is even a 9-7 team even if we brought in a new LT. Baker clearly doesn't trust the line without Zietler. It's the same group except for him. Throw in Schreff and I could be ok with the combo but straight up yikes.

As bad as Washington's FO is, I don't see one of the best guards and left tackles in the NFL being traded for a TE on IR and a LB who can't get on the field + a 1st happening.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Avery was an ok pass rusher last year and it's a mystery why he isn't getting time. Njoku is a young pass catching TE that replaces Reed mid/late season. It's not like Washington is going to compete this year. We're giving up a starter and presumptive starter in the pick and a pass rushing LB.

Sending off Njoku would fit with Dorsey's pattern of expunging Sashi picks. Avery was one of his though.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the tennessee titans should just run a two-quarterbacks-on-the-field system like in texas 8-man football

everyones always saying they want to be more creative on offense, yet nobody ever listens to my cool ideas

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Seems odd that they would trade Njoku though.

Isnt he a really good vertical TE? Or does Kitchens have an Arians like scheme where the TE isnt really utilizes?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

Alex Smith revealed he required 17 surgeries to repair his broken right leg.

The last number we'd heard was six back in December, but Smith ended up getting a severe infection and needed a whole lot of operations to remove tissue. Smith was in an external fixator device for eight months but has since shed the contraption and is walking on his own. He was seen throwing passes on the practice field this week. Still, Smith is expected to miss the season and his career remains in serious question. But 17 surgeries? Goodness. No wonder Trent Williams doesn't trust the Redskins medical staff.

Nice career, Alex.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Nice career, Alex.

Career's not over until he says it is, which I hope will happen after he gets every last dollar of that contract out of Snyder.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Yudo posted:

As bad as Washington's FO is, I don't see one of the best guards and left tackles in the NFL being traded for a TE on IR and a LB who can't get on the field + a 1st happening.

Can you even trade a player on IR?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1184446590188249088

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Warrick Dunn rocks

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1184456623906910208?s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DVOA: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2019/week-6-dvoa-ratings

quote:

The final game that had a surprising DVOA result was the Tua Bowl between Miami and Washington. Although the Dolphins almost won with a final two-point conversion, Washington dominated in terms of DVOA. Well, as much as you can dominate when both teams are in the negative: -9.8% DVOA for Washington, and -54.9% DVOA for Miami. Washington had more yards per play (5.4 to 3.9) and Miami had two interceptions and two fumbles while Washington had zero interceptions and one fumble. (None of the three fumbles ended up as turnovers.) Four different Miami drives went backwards, while the only Washington "drive" that went backwards was the final kneeldown.

A -54.9% rating is still the best game of the season for the Dolphins but it keeps them comfortably in first place as the worst team we've ever tracked in 34 years of DVOA ratings. Once again, they continue to be among the worst teams ever on both offense and defense. Here's a look at those tables. Ratings for the 1987 Atlanta Falcons do not include the strike games from Week 4-6.

:coolfish:

Also 9 of the top 12 teams are in the NFC currently

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Why tho?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1184488759066349573?s=20

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ryans storm the field

Next you will find that Rex Ryan has accepted the head coaching job of the Washington Redskins

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Oh dear, he's going to go maximum Fitzmagic, isn't he? Like, 29/44 338 yrds 4 TDs 3 INTs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Let this ride never die:

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1184490487979347970?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Maybe Rosen is just bad and they wasted a 2nd rounder. I guess that’s possible.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

gotta see what we have in Ryan Fitzpatrick obviously

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Oh dear, he's going to go maximum Fitzmagic, isn't he? Like, 29/44 338 yrds 4 TDs 3 INTs

rip the bills, killed before their time

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

OxySnake posted:

Seems odd that they would trade Njoku though.

Isnt he a really good vertical TE? Or does Kitchens have an Arians like scheme where the TE isnt really utilizes?

The TEs have been getting plenty of targets under Kitchens in both seasons. Hell the guy behind Njoku is having a career year right now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

literally one week ago

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1181950118955798529

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

So did he receive a directive from ownership to back Fitzpatrick now? lol why

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thats the Fitzmagic, baby!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ross isn't involved like that. He gives opinions but he's very much a "I let the football people make football decisions" owner.

I think it's probably more stupid rear end, "we just like fitz' body language in the huddle"

edit: also I think Fitzmagic in the fourth quarter last week made Flores believe he's still the best option to win games, which is what the coaches are trying to do.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Must be nice to know that you can say or do literally anything at work and the only way to get fired is if you accidentally do a good job.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Must be nice to know that you can say or do literally anything at work and the only way to get fired is if you accidentally do a good job.

I would watch a producers-esque comedy about trying to and failing to tank a team.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Barudak posted:

I would watch a producers-esque comedy about trying to and failing to tank a team.

It exists it’s called Major League

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Vote of confidence, baby!

Barudak posted:

Hard Knocks: Washington

couldn't even lose to the dolphins, smh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It exists it’s called Major League

I don't remember it being a musical, but, hey any reason to watch Major League again.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Barudak posted:

I don't remember it being a musical, but, hey any reason to watch Major League again.

now I want Hard Knocks to be a musical

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

as much as lol bills means that Fitz could carve them up, that D is going to emphasize his mistakes

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Bring back Cleo Lemon. And Chad Pennington. Anyone know where Jay Fiedler and Ray Lucas are?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Good and sad story about Nuk and his mom

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/27793196/the-incredible-survival-story-deandre-hopkins-mom?ref=https://www.espn.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/spikefriedman/status/1184219212954234880?s=21

Ramsey gonna make this man weep at his locker by week 12