Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

Playing squad, we find 2 flare guns off the drop on Vikendi. Then this happens:

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I hope you and the other flare gunman fired them off bang-bang without telling your other squadmates first while hopefully standing behind them.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Playing squad, we find 2 flare guns off the drop on Vikendi. Then this happens:

this is an excellent video game

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Patch is out with a bunch of new stuff:

https://www.pubg.com/2019/09/18/pc-update-4-3-coming-soon-to-the-test-server/

Lots of cosmetics and flavour but the shotgun rebalancing looks interesting as well. Maybe they'll become non-earlygame viable

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

The Mash posted:

but the shotgun rebalancing looks interesting as well. Maybe they'll become non-earlygame viable

https://clips.twitch.tv/KitschyScrumptiousArugulaFeelsBadMan

They already were :v:

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Just a little tweak.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.pubg.com/2019/10/01/north-american-server-limited-time-skill-based-matchmaking-test/amp/

Limited time matchmaking according to skill rank. This should be interesting.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Finally I should be able to play with players just as lovely as I am.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I noticed last night the game was suddenly harder. Everyone was good. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Why can't I just continue stomping noobs?

Molchane
Dec 13, 2014
We can't have extended queue times for map select but we can for skill based matchmaking? Doesn't seem worth it.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

The floating gun bug that was "fixed" has probably gotten more people killed than a pro player being in their game.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

kiwid posted:

The floating gun bug that was "fixed" has probably gotten more people killed than a pro player being in their game.

nah

edit: wow holy poo poo it's the same meltdown guy as in the wow thread

I don't think videogames are right for you, bro

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

https://pubg.op.gg/user/hawowanlawow

I don't think videogames are right for you, bro

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

drat gotem

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

reeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
harsh but fair

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I never would have thought a dude who gets mad at videogames would use videogame stats to own me, truly I did not know who I was tangling with

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 3, 2019

WhoIsTheDrizzle
Apr 17, 2006
Hamster Sex.
Patch 5.1 release notes have been posted and the patch was applied to the test server.

https://www.pubg.com/2019/10/16/pc-update-5-1/amp/

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I'm so happy they increased loot on Miramar.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

kiwid posted:

I'm so happy they increased loot on Miramar.

I wish they would have taken the time to do a full miramar update (like they did for erangel), but upping the loot is a great start. The rest of the patch is kind of weird.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Yeah hoping to see destructible hay bales and other props in the coming patches to at least parity Erangel.

kiwid fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 16, 2019

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
The Winchester is going to be so fun to use with the new scope, throwing melee weapons sounds pretty stupid though.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

2.7x is interesting. Does anyone know what is on the VSS so I can try to compare in my head?

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003

kiwid posted:

2.7x is interesting. Does anyone know what is on the VSS so I can try to compare in my head?

4x

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I hope it's not a lovely reticle. If it's a nice clean dot it's going to be fun to use. It does like 95-99dmg to a level 2 helmet and insta-kills a level 1.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
It certainly becomes much more viable as a early game weapon. Can you make a custom match with only Winchesters/revolvers with cowboy hats and no helmets?

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Have you guys ever found a turntable?

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Also move sanhok into its own queue because it's the worst map

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Eh, it's fine for solos and duos. It's utterly miserable playing squads on that, though.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Remove Vikendi & Sanhok forever thanks.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm going to really enjoy "accidentally" throwing my machete/fire axe/tomahawk into a squadmate's chest/head when they need meds. :unsmigghh:

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Jiro posted:

I'm going to really enjoy "accidentally" throwing my machete/fire axe/tomahawk into a squadmate's chest/head when they need meds. :unsmigghh:

yeessss

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

When the gently caress are we getting map select back on NA

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

uniball posted:

When pubg returns with more players

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

uniball posted:

A quarter to never. Serious answer maybe some thing like map selection when Miramar gets a visual update. I did like the initial offering of having a featured map with the other three on random rotation. And then changing the featured map every month.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

They took out map selection because wait times were forever for some maps. They should at least implement a vote for map preference. I suspect there’s a group that wants Erangel & Miramar and there’s another that wants Sanhok & Vikendi.

They fractured the queue too much and I suspect that drove some players away. I definitely stopped playing as much when it became hard to queue for the larger maps.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I actually prefer Erangel, Miramar and Vikendi. Sanhok can go burn in hell. Especially after the Erangel loot and visual update. I like to go to far off corners loot up and start stalking people.

I never understood why people divided up liking the four maps into two pairs.

QBU is a great DMR that's better than the Mini14 tho.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Jiro posted:

I actually prefer Erangel, Miramar and Vikendi. Sanhok can go burn in hell. Especially after the Erangel loot and visual update. I like to go to far off corners loot up and start stalking people.

Because games on the larger maps tend to be longer, slightly more strategic games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Jiro posted:

Agreed. I think vikendi plays more similar to erangel than it does sanhok