Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dude that She Ra is loving awesome. Congrats on the win! I know how it feels to have a one of a kind "OH poo poo MY CHILDHOOD" piece roll in.

Heading to BN tomorrow morning cause dammit I needs my lil benny cumberbatch. He's gonna make a great mini me for the Infinity War Strange I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I haven’t seen that Dr strange in a long while in the B&N’s here in Colorado. The only clearances figures like that I’ve seen are the pacific rim 2 monsters.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of B&N, I picked up the new Star Wars vintage collection Poe’s X-wing and it’s pretty great. The price is a little high but I was able to mitigate it via coupons and my member discount.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yay! Drove all the way there and bought it today!

It's a little outside of my normal behavior though, so I guess you could say it's a little strange :haw:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Yay! Drove all the way there and bought it today!

It's a little outside of my normal behavior though, so I guess you could say it's a little strange :haw:

You found him ok then?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just a moment of brief panic when he was behind 2 games instead of just 1. Thought some industrious worker had restocked and moved him. Turns out here was just hidden well. Thanks again man!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Just a moment of brief panic when he was behind 2 games instead of just 1. Thought some industrious worker had restocked and moved him. Turns out here was just hidden well. Thanks again man!

Not a problem!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Nerd Of Prey posted:

OK, so, I mentioned a few days ago I had put a big bid on an old toy... Well I finally won it, and it's this:

Stories like this are what this dumb and potentially terminal hobby/addiction is all about. Cool and good post.

Not directly related but similar theme - my parents didn't allow me to have a video game system other than the OG Gameboy as a kid so once I grew up and had some disposable money, I tracked down all the major consoles and the original game carts (not emulators) I was only able to play at friends’ houses back then.

I now effectively have a dust-covered shrine to my arrested development with 7 consoles hooked up in my home office that my kids ask me about but who would rather play games on a mobile device than Mariokart on SNES or Powerstone on Dreamcast with their :corsair: old man

:negative:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

sticksy posted:

Stories like this are what this dumb and potentially terminal hobby/addiction is all about. Cool and good post.

My thing I couldn't have when I was a kid was a real Voltron. This wasn't any sort of judgment call on my parents' part, they just couldn't afford it. I had a little 6-inch tall Voltron that didn't disassemble, and I had to make do. In 1998, I found a Trendmasters reissue of the original Voltron in a comic shop in Portland, and that's another thing I will treasure forever.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

It's not that my parents didn't buy us tons of toys as kids, we had tons of GI Joe's and Ninja Turtles, etc. But it always seemed like they never bought us the ones we really wanted. Growing up I ALWAYS wanted Soundwave and I have been buying him as adult ever since. I have the MP and a couple of G1 remakes.

A lot of the time now though it's not the toys I didn't get as a kid, but buying back my childhood with toys I didn't take care of or got lost/sold at garage sales. Captain Power, Thundercats, etc.

But yeah mostly they sit on shelves collecting dust, but it's nice having my own archive of toys I can look at in a closet and feel a wave of nostalgia. That's good enough I guess.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was bravestarr for me. Still don't have the whole set but got a chunk of it.

One day I will own a vehicle Voltron though. Not anytime soon, but one day.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

One Christmas I got both the lion and vehicle Voltrons and that was the best thing ever. Periodically I’ll find a piece of the vehicle one when looking through a box or something.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

OK, so, I mentioned a few days ago I had put a big bid on an old toy... Well I finally won it, and it's this:

Man, when I was a kid, I had both She-Ra and He-Man figures, but the two I really wanted were Tee-La and the Sorceress. Never got them.

About fifteen years later, I was helping my dad clean out part of the basement, and he goes 'I guess mom forgot to ever give these to you'.

He hands over MOC Tee-La and Sorceress figures, still with the price stickers from a local toy store that went out of business in 1990.

I don't care that they show they'd been marked down to $2. I was just so tickled pink my mom had actually tracked them down for me, even if they did get forgotten about for over a decade.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

LadyPictureShow posted:

Man, when I was a kid, I had both She-Ra and He-Man figures, but the two I really wanted were Tee-La and the Sorceress. Never got them.

About fifteen years later, I was helping my dad clean out part of the basement, and he goes 'I guess mom forgot to ever give these to you'.

He hands over MOC Tee-La and Sorceress figures, still with the price stickers from a local toy store that went out of business in 1990.

I don't care that they show they'd been marked down to $2. I was just so tickled pink my mom had actually tracked them down for me, even if they did get forgotten about for over a decade.

Was expecting this to end with elaborate revenge story against mother.

Was disappointed.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I want to rebuy a Dino Riders Diplodicus. When I was four or five, my parents had me chasing down plastic Easter eggs around the house , each with a clue to the next one. The last one had me looking under my bed. I was so consumed with looking for eggs, I didn’t notice the giant box. Almost thirty years later “I don’t see no egg.” Has become synonymous with missing the obvious

Dino Riders ruled.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Open Marriage Night posted:

Dino Riders ruled.

Indeed they did, I also was a fan of Centurions.

Figure I’d throw some pics up of a nostalgic cabinet I’m working on

Still looking for some older stuff to add to it, so far I’m happy with it, even though a bunch are new versions of the older stuff I had as a kid.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh man, I had that exact Rick and Morty figure when I was a kid.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Gripweed posted:

:iceburn:

Dino Riders kicked so much rear end they used the dinosaurs for toys in the Smithsonian gift shop. Dino Riders loving owned. Bonus shout out to Dinosaucers.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Gripweed posted:

It’s true it’s not all nostalgia and I can’t help it if I’m a supporter of peace among worlds.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

It was bravestarr for me. Still don't have the whole set but got a chunk of it.

One day I will own a vehicle Voltron though. Not anytime soon, but one day.

I had most of the Bravestarr stuff when I was a kid. My mom had a knack for finding stuff below retail, I had all the figures, the Fort and the stagecoach. I think 3030 was the only major one I didnt have.

I also had a complete Sectaurs collection. The Hive, all the puppet bugs, all of it.

The crown jewel was the MOTU collection which was also nearly complete.

But then they decided I had too many toys and made me pick on toyline to keep and sold everything else in garage sales. MOTU won but I'm still salty about all that stuff I lost.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

DrChud posted:

Indeed they did, I also was a fan of Centurions.

Figure I’d throw some pics up of a nostalgic cabinet I’m working on

What in the sweet hell is that nina turtle and can I buy a Donatello anywhere?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ok, I topped myself. I found the Stranger Things kids as Ghostbusters set on clearance at a GameStop for $7. It was marked as being $9.95, but rang up at $7. :toot:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Just on the subject of childhood toy stories...

One day my little brother came to me absolutely distraught, because he had accidentally broken my Lion-O. Lion-O had a little lever on his back to make him flail his sword around. A lot of other 80's toys with similar features worked by squeezing the figure's legs together. My brother, in a moment of confusion, had squeezed Lion-O's legs together, and the left leg just snapped clean off. He was in tears and apologizing profusely, and I said, "it's OK buddy, you didn't mean to." I wasn't thrilled about the broken toy, of course, but I'd had Lion-O for years at that point, he was already a little beat up, and it really was an honest mistake. I just duct-taped the leg back on and called it good, and I didn't hold a grudge about it.

Years later, when we were both grown adults, I got an unexpected knock at my door, and it was my brother, holding up an intact Lion-O he had found at a flea market. He said, "I've come to settle an age-old debt." I laughed and gave him a hug. I still have that Lion-O on display, just for the sake of brotherly love.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rythe posted:

What in the sweet hell is that nina turtle and can I buy a Donatello anywhere?

That is the Lil Mikey vinyl figure that Mondo sold.

https://mondotees.com/products/lil-mikey-vinyl-figure-toy?variant=889945543

I got Incredibly lucky earlier this year on a sealed one on eBay from someone in France after searching forever. Took a chance and got it for like $25 above retail.

Sadly it was only Michelangelo that was made. I wish the artist would have done all of them. I’d be happy just to have a Donnie to go with him. Everyone knows Donnie is the coolest followed by Michelangelo :dance:

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

This will surprise absolutely no one but the articulation on the McFarlane DOOM Slayer is garbage. There worst of it is no side-to-side rotation of the ankles (the feet just pivot up and down a little) so it's drat near impossible to get both feet flat on the ground unless both his legs are perfectly vertical.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I dunno wtf is wrong with id but they ALWAYS have poo poo figures.

Even the sixth scale one is hosed up, and can't hold half his guns. One of the few I've returned after buying cause it just sucked.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Does anyone have any of the Macfarlane My Hero Academia figures yet? They look really good in package.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The_Doctor posted:

Does anyone have any of the Macfarlane My Hero Academia figures yet? They look really good in package.

I broke down and ordered All-Might from Amazon only for them to lose the package so I'm hoping it's worth the trouble.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

DrChud posted:

That is the Lil Mikey vinyl figure that Mondo sold.

https://mondotees.com/products/lil-mikey-vinyl-figure-toy?variant=889945543

I got Incredibly lucky earlier this year on a sealed one on eBay from someone in France after searching forever. Took a chance and got it for like $25 above retail.

Sadly it was only Michelangelo that was made. I wish the artist would have done all of them. I’d be happy just to have a Donnie to go with him. Everyone knows Donnie is the coolest followed by Michelangelo :dance:

That's a bummer I would love to have a Donny in that style and it is the truth he is the best turtle.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The MHA figures all look good, but the ones I wanna get look like they have the same problems with the one way ankle joint and no bicep rotation.

No idea why that is considered ok by standards of 2019, but here we are.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Here’s a look at the NECA Series 2 turtles that will be at Target

http://thefwoosh.com/2019/10/fwoosh-first-look-neca-ninja-turtles/

Can’t wait for Rocksteady and Bebop. The new colored turtles and accessories are tempting too.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The lack of ankle pivot is killing me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Turtles don't have ankles.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Behold, cat-themed weapons for use with 1/12-scale action figures:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/104667

edit--

Aliens related, back in the 90s there was a Rhino Alien figure and it was pretty kickass.

Well it's getting a modern remake that comes out next May and holy poo poo

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 16, 2019

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
God I loved those toys. I even had the invisible predator at one point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You still might.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Related: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/104402

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

You still might.

Lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Xenomrph posted:

edit--

Aliens related, back in the 90s there was a Rhino Alien figure and it was pretty kickass.

Well it's getting a modern remake that comes out next May and holy poo poo

God drat that's nice, I really wish I started collecting this whole collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've been sorta toying around with the idea of getting a Hot Toys for a while now. I've been considering this one:

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-darth-vader-hot-toys-903140

Well really, I've been considering getting Vader it's just that this one happens to be the one in stock. Does anyone have this one? Any opinions on it? I'm sure it's great, but y'know with the price and all I'd want to make sure.