Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

If I "opt out" of a copotype, is there a way to "opt in" to it again later, or does it not matter?

Game told me I was a Sorry Cop, I told it to piss off, then 15 minutes later realized that I am, indeed, a Sorry Cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
has anyone done their take on a Rust Cohle build yet? could probably make separate ones for old and young versions

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm glad Kim is the worlds most patient man

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

I'm glad Kim is the worlds most patient man

It really felt like an accomplishment getting him to come around to me . He's a cool character and I hope his story ends well

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sulphagnist posted:

If I "opt out" of a copotype, is there a way to "opt in" to it again later, or does it not matter?

I havent seen things repeat. I think it might be triggered by certain dialogues too, Im making my guy a corrupt ultraliberal that steals everything he reasonably can and had Rhetoric saying I could build communism. gently caress you Rhetoric, all property is theft and Im the best at getting property

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Holy poo poo I can wander around with a beatbox on my shoulder

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Control Volume posted:

I havent seen things repeat. I think it might be triggered by certain dialogues too, Im making my guy a corrupt ultraliberal that steals everything he reasonably can and had Rhetoric saying I could build communism. gently caress you Rhetoric, all property is theft and Im the best at getting property

Oh well, maybe I will embrace a Copotype next time then.

The weird language Cunoesse speaks is Finnish, by the way. Getting a kick out of that.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

goferchan posted:

It really felt like an accomplishment getting him to come around to me . He's a cool character and I hope his story ends well

I'm not sure he actually likes me, more that he's accepted that he can use my insanity to confuse people in ways that make his life easier.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

I feel like I am the crazy sidekick character in Kim's story. Which is cool.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sulphagnist posted:

The weird language Cunoesse speaks is Finnish, by the way. Getting a kick out of that.

i feel like i only picked up on this because i had played Control recently

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Lol I took damage because I nodded too hard.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

gently caress room and board I'm going to pawn everything I can get my hands on and buy a street light

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

just out of curiosity and because i don't want to start a new playthru right now what happens if you don't throw away the memento hidden in the ledger you find in the dumpster?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Uhm, I think I actually managed to accidentally call my ex-wife and oh did it cause a shitload of mental damage.

Al! posted:

just out of curiosity and because i don't want to start a new playthru right now what happens if you don't throw away the memento hidden in the ledger you find in the dumpster?

You can show it to people and funnily enough it actually comes up related somewhat to the case.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

how do i smoke? i got a task to do so and I don't seem to be able to click them like i can other drugs when they're equipped in my hand

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.
I'm proud to be a sorry cop because apparently I have done a lot of things to be sorry for.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
One of the "mechanics with in-world repercussions" revelations you can pick up on through other characters' responses is that time normally only passes when you click through dialogue trees. That INCLUDES talking to your skills. So you're freqently blanking out mid-conversation for potentially minutes at a time.
Encyclopedia is EXCEPTIONALLY good at wasting your time.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sorry Cop of the Apocalypse checking in, it is with sincerest and deepest sorrow that I report to you that the shattering is nigh!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I gotta say this is a pretty novel way of putting in a content warning

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Hogama posted:

One of the "mechanics with in-world repercussions" revelations you can pick up on through other characters' responses is that time normally only passes when you click through dialogue trees. That INCLUDES talking to your skills. So you're freqently blanking out mid-conversation for potentially minutes at a time.

yeah if you spent any amount of time "talking" with the corpse, your dude is basically just staring at it catatonically for uncomfortably long periods of time while it gently sways in the breeze and continues to expel copious amounts of blood and feces into its special boots

Hogama posted:

Encyclopedia is EXCEPTIONALLY good at wasting your time.

i dunno, my encyclopedia is like 5 or 6 and it's generally got something useful to throw in, if for nothing else than because it gives you a lot of background details on the fictional world that your character should ostensibly know, but you the player do not.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Stroth posted:

I actually tried that out for a bit. It was.... impressive. In a schizophrenic disassociation kind of way.

Yeah, I'm doing this playthrough, and it's becoming an exercise in time management - I might be passing a lot of skill checks, but I am also burning literal hours listening to the voices in my head :allears:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Control Volume posted:

I gotta say this is a pretty novel way of putting in a content warning

was that the scab leader? If so yeah, that part isn't lying.

Edit: Wonder what it says if it fails.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, I'm doing this playthrough, and it's becoming an exercise in time management - I might be passing a lot of skill checks, but I am also burning literal hours listening to the voices in my head :allears:

this should be a new game+ option

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So out of curiosity anyone find a tool stronger than a Crowbar? I don't want to ruin Mr Crowbar on a 3% check with my +17 Physical Instrument .

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

I'm really glad I can save scum to avoid being forced to have a race theory convo and catching the brain worms. Some of the contrived bits of the story (like that) are annoying. I failed a check on visual calculus for the black lady outside the diner. A success would tell me she is a lookout/ watching my actions. A failure makes you go turbo racist with 0 provocation. It was really dumb and I alt-f4'd out of it.

I'm hoping stuff like that doesn't repeat itself.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Ryuujin posted:

So out of curiosity anyone find a tool stronger than a Crowbar? I don't want to ruin Mr Crowbar on a 3% check with my +17 Physical Instrument .

Yes, and also failing that check doesn't result in it, even if it sounds like it.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Ryuujin posted:

I failed it and my partner just borrowed it for a sec and smashed the window. It was unbroken after the fact. I've gotten no indications that tools can break (transform but not break).

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Armadillo Tank posted:

I'm really glad I can save scum to avoid being forced to have a race theory convo and catching the brain worms.

I'm hoping stuff like that doesn't repeat itself.

if you took the easy way out in this scenario, that's on u bucko

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

My favourite check failure is when you ask the truck driver, who's sprite is obviously smoking for a smoke, he claims he doesn't have one. If you fail the trivial perception check say something along the lines of "Perception (Sight): Your senses detect nothing wrong with this." It just cracked me up because it's so self-aware.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

Armadillo Tank posted:

I failed it and my partner just borrowed it for a sec and smashed the window. It was unbroken after the fact. I've gotten no indications that tools can break (transform but not break).

The crowbar definitely broke or at least disappeared when I tried to open a garbage bin. I tried and failed, and then "hung my body from it", and it broke.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Huh, I seem to have hit upon an odd bug where shirts no longer show up on my character model. No matter what I wear, it now looks like I'm going shirtless. Weird.

On the plus side, it's one of a very small amount of bugs I've seen so far. The Honour Cop thought seems bugged out, and forgetting thoughts is... Janky, to say the least. Couple of sequence issues (characters who have left a scene talking as if they're still there because I did things a bit out of order), but not much besides. Surprisingly solid.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Vice with some mixed first impressions.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ywaez5/a-few-hours-in-disco-elysium-has-interesting-politics-but-a-frustrating-voice?utm_source=wptwitter

Also Austin seemed a bit mixed as well on the Waypoint podcast

Though so far that stance seems to be in the strong minority, and most reviewers seem to be loving it.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Professor Cthulhu posted:

I'm proud to be a sorry cop because apparently I have done a lot of things to be sorry for.

This was my realization too. Especially after talking to poor Sylvie

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I have to say, I love the mechanical design of the cars and lorries. Kim's police cruiser looks like some kind of weird lovechild of a Ford Model A and Blade Runner's Spinner.

Also when I became a Sorry Cop Drama tried to console me by saying I could dual-class to another copotype eventually, is this true or is Drama telling Lies as it is wont to do?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I mean... is finishing the game at least once and writing impressions based on that too hard?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Xander77 posted:

I mean... is finishing the game at least once and writing impressions based on that too hard?

I mean you are talking about a 60+ hour game.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
All the people I've seen that have complaints about this are woke people complaining about how the creators' politics seem to dangerously not exactly match theirs. Oh and I guess a few crazy conservatives complaining about leftist voice-over, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.