Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Previa_fun posted:

There won't be presidential debates.

yeah this isn't a joke, trump's people have been laying the groundwork to skip them for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

There won't be presidential debates.

Yes there absolutely will. Trump thinks he won the 2016 ones; why would he skip out on the 2020 ones?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

links.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The President sent a letter to another world leader and the overwhelming response was "lol good joke, no ones that stupid"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1184585494161739777

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/unicabell1/status/1184191848157503488

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

beejay posted:

Hahaha, I forgot about that. Yeah, that was something. This loving country.

He also couldn't name a single current world leader when asked.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Yes there absolutely will. Trump thinks he won the 2016 ones; why would he skip out on the 2020 ones?

Because he has dementia.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I'm so tired of our country being led by the dumbest motherfucker in the world

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

same reason he won't do press conferences anymore

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

WAKE ME UP (WAKE ME UP INSIDE)

CAN'T WAKE UP

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Did he?

Do you not remember him screaming at Ivanka and don jr. after he was embarrassed at one debate before getting into the limo

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Agreed that

A) Every advisor desperately wants him to avoid debates.

B) Trump is going to insist on doing them.

I mean you can practically hear him shouting at his advisors "I'm the Worlds greatest debator" if you consider the matter for a moment.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I think he’d do debates with Biden because he could theoretically “win” them or least fight to a draw since they are both full of brainworms.

He’d get slaughtered by Sanders or Warren and I could see him skipping those.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Stereotype posted:

Because he has dementia.

Right, but that's not going to make him think he can't do it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

evilweasel posted:

same reason he won't do press conferences anymore

...he does. He's had multiple press availabilities, just no formal press conferences. Yes, it's crazy that his Press Secretary has never addressed the media from the podium, but this is in no way indicative that he will skip debates. Doing so would project weakness. He cannot afford to look weak.

Deptfordx posted:

Agreed that

A) Every advisor desperately wants him to avoid debates.

B) Trump is going to insist on doing them.

I mean you can practically hear him shouting at his advisors "I'm the Worlds greatest debator" if you consider the matter for a moment.

Exactly. And honestly, does anyone see Parscale or any of the grifters telling him "Don't go to the debates, Mr. President"? They don't care. They make their money regardless of whether Trump gets humiliated.

Aeolusdallas
Mar 2, 2016

teen witch posted:

Olds, please answer: was there ever a moment like this with Reagan?

I truly goddamn wish this letter is a prank. There’s no goddamn way.

Reagan kept to the script and was fine with being a figurehead. He also knew how to speak publicly. He was a gifted orator. Really in the last few decades only Obama and Kennedy where on the same level in that regard.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If this whole thing doesn't end with Trump and Biden forever locked in struggle within a vortex amulet like in Monster Squad I'm going to be very upset.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That letter was written by a man currently occupying the same office as the man who composed the Gettysburg Address.

Please stop reminding me of that. Jfc

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

TulliusCicero posted:

Please stop reminding me of that. Jfc

Pfft. It was something scrawled on the back of an envelope. Probably not even with a sharpie.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/heatherscope/status/1184588627222749184

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1184589265709289473

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Actual Trump quote from his press conference with the Italian Leader: "Every player hates ISIS, everybody we're talking about. Syria more than us. Russia more than us. They've done a big number on Russia, and we're over there fighting ISIS but they're over there fighting ISIS too. They can handle it."

So the heirarchy of hate is:

Russia
Syria
Trump
ISIS
Democrats

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

The ENTIRE GOP Senate will be echoing that line by Friday.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

oh my god the white house did leak the letter and they did think it would help

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1184588716075077632

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Did he?

Do you not remember him screaming at Ivanka and don jr. after he was embarrassed at one debate before getting into the limo

Just LOL if you think he remembers doing this at all

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

:hmbol:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

VideoGameVet posted:

The ENTIRE GOP Senate will be echoing that line by Friday.

I'm not sure they will; doing so would somewhat minimize the threat they want us to believe ISIS poses. It's like dril says: "You do not, under any circumstances, 'gotta hand it to them'."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I find it hard to believe Trump will pass up a chance to be on TV

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

evilweasel posted:

:discourse:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Deptfordx posted:

Right, but that's not going to make him think he can't do it.

No, like he isn't physically capable of standing up and answering questions for that long in a debate format. He can only do it at his rallies where he can soak in the wild adoration of his brainwashed sycophant supporters, and even then it just devolves into stream of consciousness rants about gibberish.

His only real press briefings are in front of that stupid helicopter because he is probably ALWAYS yelling and can't stop because he has dementia.

He would look like a complete fool and he knows it.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
We all laugh at this but come election time you know a lot of die-hard Trump people are going to get out and vote, and there are going to be straight-ticket R voters that will vote for him despite all the poo poo he says.

The democrats' messaging has to be on point and relentless when election time ramps up because a lot of people who vote R have a very short memory - this whole thing with the Kurds, the crimes, etc might as well be 100 years ago come next year to a lot of people. We are just a month and a week from when this dumbass drew on the Hurricane Dorian map.

Him saying "See you at the polls" means he knows his supporters are going to vote for him and it's going to be 35%. It's the undecideds that can be lured (again) to vote for him and as long as Trump some how doesn't poo poo himself on TV, yell out the N word in front of a bunch of school children, or slap Barron during a parade, there are going to be dumb-as-rocks media saying that Trump is being "presidential".

Everyone should be getting others to register and set up to vote. I'm going to be approaching my boss to make sure our employees are off to go vote next year, and I've been talking to friends and family that haven't voted since the 90s to get them ready too.

Stereotype posted:

No, like he isn't physically capable of standing up and answering questions for that long in a debate format. He can only do it at his rallies where he can soak in the wild adoration of his brainwashed sycophant supporters, and even then it just devolves into stream of consciousness rants about gibberish.

The debates are going to go poorly for him - he's going to have 4 years of being a 'president' to answer for on a large stage and it'll be televised. He will very likely be up against an opponent that comes with no negative baggage like Hillary did.

Ringo Star Get fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 16, 2019

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Mick Mulvaney's "charm offensive" from a few days back going well, I see.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

evilweasel posted:

The dumbest most tone deaf people run this country somehow.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Why is Turkey part of NATO?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/colvinj/status/1184590592032104448

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

God, he's so loving stupid

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

VitalSigns posted:

How joyously would Romney be licking Trump's shoe leather right now if he'd gotten the Sec State job he grovelled so hard for

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

I wonder if for any of them this was the moment they realized they were dealing with someone who wasn't pretending to be a moron, but a genuine idiot.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

evilweasel posted:

yeah this isn't a joke, trump's people have been laying the groundwork to skip them for a while

Yeah, I feel him skipping them is by far the most likely outcome and the Dem nominee better loving roast him for it.

He's just not mentally together enough to be coherent at all. WAY worse then during the previous election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Zwabu posted:

Why is Turkey part of NATO?

Because they used to border the USSR, so it was useful to have bases and missiles there