Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Crasical posted:

Ghost pirates are entirely missable, nothing ever directs you up to that corner of the map and you never really address the pirates themselves.

Goldbrickers don't ever really go anywhere, disappointingly. We never meet Midas and see what his deal is.

Cage never actually does anything as far as I can recall, he's just an entirely mundane sort of evil in that he's an abusive and corrupt corporate employer with vague implications that he's gathering up red coral for magic purposes.

Now that we're past the days of unlockable contacts, you can be suggested Veluta Lunata if you're looking for something to do in Port Oakes so there's that at least. Fort Hades is essentially the zone event for Port Oakes, but since it's entirely self-directed you're only ever going to see badge hunters lingering around there. Fun fact: Originally you were supposed to be able to rob the ghost pirates of their buried treasure.

The Goldbrickers and the Cage Consortium drive me nuts because they don't go anywhere and you never meet their leaders*. You have an entire zone completely owned by Cage so he can strip mine an elder god for fun and profit, you work both within and without of his organization, and not once does he make an appearance. :argh:

*It really feels like Golden Roller was supposed to be King Midas but they wallpapered over that for whatever reason.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Oct 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The ghost pirates were just completely out of left field for me, I was bustling along redside and this lady with a ghost attached to her wanted me to check out a lab that hadn't reported in for a while. Head in expecting like, Longbow or something and surprise! Ghost pirates!

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Tastes like sargassum

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
The weed of deceit

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

if you ain't get it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56DCp3jB8ZI

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

The weed of deceit
Sarcasm fish?

Doon
May 4, 2005
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Westin Phipps. Yeah, I said it...

One of the few contacts that has you doing really bad poo poo. It's like they crammed all the chaotic evil stuff into one guy.

I like him too.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Sufficient likes to just afk in my base instead of logging off, so i gave him a little attention.

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms

That's the closest thing to human contact I've had all year

Sufficient fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 14, 2019

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
And finally overcame altitis to get my first 50 again. Burned through full patrol XP to get the last 3 levels on Dr. Q, the weekly strike. 240 merits, too, and as long as most people have bought the team teleporter you can crank the whole thing out in 2 hours.

drat thing's a tremendous test of player endurance, finishing off with like half a dozen identical copies of the portal corp map and then a defeat all in the largest possible Oranbega. At least the levels got tweaked so incarnate powers work on it.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
We managed 1h58 with a lot of chatting through liberal use of the teleporters. The sad thing is even if you do speedrun it via powers/incarnate stuff, it's still less effective than just doing hami raids or tinpex.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFlVKBJZ6Q&t=5s

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

I have an alt I do all my crafting on and wanted to get her the field crafter accolade. Am I wrong thinking it's cheaper just to buy the table power from P2W?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I can make 10M inf in like 10 minutes. How long does it take to get the accolade?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Platonicsolid posted:

I have an alt I do all my crafting on and wanted to get her the field crafter accolade. Am I wrong thinking it's cheaper just to buy the table power from P2W?

Pure crafting costs for the 10-40 recipes are over 10 million, yes.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

you'll spend around 8M memorizing one 25/30 recipe, ime

also worth noting that you can actually make a good profit selling memorized red or yellow workbench IOs on the auction house, it's just that the market has very limited throughput so it's not really faster than farming

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
In addition, now is a good time to get a crafter their 25/30 memorizations if you haven't already. Most common IO recipes have crashed pretty hard over the past week.

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
Hello Heroes and/or Villains. Fellow goon, and lead designer of the Unofficial Roleplay Sewer supergroup base (visit on the Everlasting server at PROFITS-770,) Fendahleen (@boilinghands) just finished his masterpiece Architect mission arc the other day and we invite you all to check it out! I think AE missions are cross-server, so you don't even need to leave your non-rp safe space!

The mission is titled A Game of Thorns. Do you dare to enter the exciting and immersive world of Circle of Thorns Online, the hot new MMO sweeping Paragon City and the Rogue Isles? A mysterious message on your SCUMBAG app (Sociopath Criminals Undertaking Morally Bankrupt Assignments Gladly) draws you into Abraxis Entertainment's digital opus, and from there leads further into a conflict between two guilds and the lengths they'll go to secure their place at the top, with the conflict spilling out into the real world. There's a flumph in there too.

The mission is designed with Rogue/Villain alignment in mind, and despite the truly awful architect mission designer fighting him every step of the way, it seems to actually function the way it's supposed to (fun bugs during creation include text entries randomly disappearing, custom critters changing in size despite never being edited, objectives and dialogue just...deactivating at random, and more!) We did our best to balance things to avoid the usual problems with custom enemy groups, so that it should be doable by even low level characters without being instantly murdered by gremuloids. If you're an Incarnate or even a reasonably well built high level character you'll probably stomp all over it as a result, but that's not why you come to AE! You're here for...

Guild Drama!

Roleplayers!

Realistic Physics!

Ganking!

Grobuloids!

Freak Philosophy!

/em barf!

Cosplay!

and The Deepest Lore...

Rate and review, spread the word, or don't, because after all that time spent wrangling the editor he's probably just never going to touch the game again forever anyway. I just want the mission to go up the charts so people might actually see that missions that aren't fire farms occasionally exist, and also maybe some roleplayers will get mad.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I might jump in again just to give this a spin. Been burned out for a while. The AE mission I mean.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Judgement posted:

Hello Heroes and/or Villains. Fellow goon, and lead designer of the Unofficial Roleplay Sewer supergroup base (visit on the Everlasting server at PROFITS-770,) Fendahleen (@boilinghands) just finished his masterpiece Architect mission arc the other day and we invite you all to check it out! I think AE missions are cross-server, so you don't even need to leave your non-rp safe space!

The mission is titled A Game of Thorns. Do you dare to enter the exciting and immersive world of Circle of Thorns Online, the hot new MMO sweeping Paragon City and the Rogue Isles? A mysterious message on your SCUMBAG app (Sociopath Criminals Undertaking Morally Bankrupt Assignments Gladly) draws you into Abraxis Entertainment's digital opus, and from there leads further into a conflict between two guilds and the lengths they'll go to secure their place at the top, with the conflict spilling out into the real world. There's a flumph in there too.

This is incredible.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Just ran through it. Really cool idea, lots and lots of detail.

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
Yeah there's an amazing amount of effort put into all the NPCs, dialogue, and everything else. I think I caught the last of the NPCs that didn't have any custom descriptions while we were testing. And then there's the Clues, and don't forget to claim your Souvenir ThornCon swag bag at the end!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Sgt. Schorr's story arc is very bad. :(

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Crasical posted:

Sgt. Schorr's story arc is very bad. :(

I got the distinct impression it wasn't actually finished.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
You're probably right but there is just so much wrong with that arc that I don't know how many editing passes would be required to make it actually passable.
The arc is a parade of fights with randos that absolutely don't deserve to be Elite Bosses, much less AVs, capped off by extortion from the NPC allies that sat on their butts the whole arc and somehow are ALSO Archvillains, and refusing to get mugged is the *wrong* choice.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Crasical posted:

You're probably right but there is just so much wrong with that arc that I don't know how many editing passes would be required to make it actually passable.
The arc is a parade of fights with randos that absolutely don't deserve to be Elite Bosses, much less AVs, capped off by extortion from the NPC allies that sat on their butts the whole arc and somehow are ALSO Archvillains, and refusing to get mugged is the *wrong* choice.

My best guess is: They're meant to follow you around and actually help you and the tech guy is probably meant to have some sort of scheme?

It feels like the arc barely has dialogue; everyone's really wooden the entire time and people just kind of blurt out their backstories at you all the time. I honestly suspect this was an initial proof of concept that was at it's minimum playable content that never got finished.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Judgement posted:

A Game of Thorns.

Absolutely phenomenal. The pinnacle of this art.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Judgement posted:

The mission is designed with Rogue/Villain alignment in mind, and despite the truly awful architect mission designer fighting him every step of the way, it seems to actually function the way it's supposed to (fun bugs during creation include text entries randomly disappearing, custom critters changing in size despite never being edited, objectives and dialogue just...deactivating at random, and more!) We did our best to balance things to avoid the usual problems with custom enemy groups, so that it should be doable by even low level characters without being instantly murdered by gremuloids. If you're an Incarnate or even a reasonably well built high level character you'll probably stomp all over it as a result, but that's not why you come to AE! You're here for...

Rate and review, spread the word, or don't, because after all that time spent wrangling the editor he's probably just never going to touch the game again forever anyway. I just want the mission to go up the charts so people might actually see that missions that aren't fire farms occasionally exist, and also maybe some roleplayers will get mad.

i just did this, and this is real good! lots of joke-y bits and optional objectives.

the enemies on the final mission at +4/x8 are 'overtuned' in that scenario and destroyed a fully built character but that's entirely on me and nothin' to do with the arc - just somethign to watch out for if you're gonna play it.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

An update to my Base Tutorial.

Imgur gallery on Base Basics
https://imgur.com/a/y4X1fbQ

A (more indepth) Guide on Base Teleporters with pics
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6402-raevyns-guide-to-base-teleporters-or-see-the-world-on-less-than-5-inf-a-day/

A video guide on base building.
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/10126-base-building-video-guide/

A look at others bases for ideas.
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/859-show-off/

I'm totally doing that sub area in my base.
For those that don't want to build a base or just simply haven't yet, ask in the channel for the link, or simply mail me ingame @ognar and i'll send you the link that you can always have ready to copy and paste on new alts.
Not posting it here since this thread and subforum are open to the public

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Not sure where to post this, spent the last couple days downloading the CoT character builder from the early access of City of Titans. initial impressions are good. The sliders can allow for some truly hideous characters. They reset to default when you change tabs, but dont change effect. Sliders should start at 0, then go -50 to 50 vs the 0-100 scale I see for a lot of parts. A lot of parts will clip into your body as you move sliders toward extremes, even things like face masks. I had to tune my face shape back to get the mask to not be clipped, and the thigh high boots I wanted for the outfit were buried in the legs, so I swapped to the shorter boots. Still, I see a lot of potential. Pubbies will make ruinously hideous things in the name of 'Sexy' This was me messing with a She Hulk type look.

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 26, 2019

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

winterwerefox posted:

Pubbies will make ruinously hideous things in the name of 'Sexy' This was me messing with a She Hulk type look.

Can I make truly dysmorphic women, or am I still stuck with a big tiddy model to buff model ratio?

Doon
May 4, 2005
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

OgNar posted:

An update to my Base Tutorial.

Imgur gallery on Base Basics
https://imgur.com/a/y4X1fbQ

A (more indepth) Guide on Base Teleporters with pics
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6402-raevyns-guide-to-base-teleporters-or-see-the-world-on-less-than-5-inf-a-day/

A video guide on base building.
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/10126-base-building-video-guide/

A look at others bases for ideas.
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/859-show-off/

I'm totally doing that sub area in my base.
For those that don't want to build a base or just simply haven't yet, ask in the channel for the link, or simply mail me ingame @ognar and i'll send you the link that you can always have ready to copy and paste on new alts.
Not posting it here since this thread and subforum are open to the public

OgNar's base code

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

if anyone who has the City of Titans thing can show us like, all sliders set to max and min for both dudes and ladies, on like a generic tights look with nothing fancy going on, that would be rad

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

is there a City of Titans thread? not trying to kick anybody out, just wondering if there's discussion I've been missing

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

LordSaturn posted:

is there a City of Titans thread? not trying to kick anybody out, just wondering if there's discussion I've been missing

generally, consensus has been that we should wait until theres like an actual game to discuss to make a CoT thread. now might be the right time for someone to do one? but no there isn't one yet

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Ok. Im not feeling too well, but here is the base female with nothing touched. Pay attention to the car in back for sense of scale.

Here is the same, with everything set to 100 that wasnt a clear glitch. Likely near 12 feet tall.

Here is 0 in every scale. unsure if you can get rid of the pelvic bone diaper there, but...

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 26, 2019

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The sliders are really going to take a lot of adjustments to get the hang of, it's pretty overwhelming.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I’m getting character creator anxiety; the technology has come too far

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
There are spelling errors in the launcher too. It seems like a small thing, but it does add up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
"Reset Toon" button. This is violence, to me.