Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

heeheex2 posted:

maybe it's because you made fun of the shape of his body

if you're an adult man shaped like a pear hit the gym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't believe with this one faux pas the entire argument has gone pear-shaped.

But really, coolmatty should step aside and let someone with more conviction take over. He won't but it's be nice and a good way to make amends for his repeated bad PR decisions

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

site posted:

the trag run

You can't blame him for that though since that run was the epitome of comfiness

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I did a speedrun of this game called fishy where you're a little fish and you gotta get big by eating and not get eaten yourself and I got a 4:25 but this morning someone posted a 3:16 so I gotta get back on the grind

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SeXReX posted:

I did a speedrun of this game called fishy where you're a little fish and you gotta get big by eating and not get eaten yourself and I got a 4:25 but this morning someone posted a 3:16 so I gotta get back on the grind
Dang, that's stone cold.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Captain Invictus posted:

Dang, that's stone cold.

First someone posted a 5:25 and the dev on discord was all "woah nice wr" then i popped in like "well actually i have this better time already" so I had it coming.

There's no vid of the 3 minute time tho so i have world's recording

One of their other games, Bobo Robot, I have the best recorded time as well. I posted my old run in the discord and they were all "pretty good time for not knowing x and y"

Turns out x is that if you press both the jump bindings you get extra height and y is that igt stops ticking when you're paused but the game doesn't stop so you pause for all the downtime.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Feldegast42 posted:

You can't blame him for that though since that run was the epitome of comfiness

blame him for what, it was funny. i want him to do it again

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

SeXReX posted:

igt stops ticking when you're paused but the game doesn't stop so you pause for all the downtime.
Can you explain this? Because what I'm hearing is "run time is literally just the time you spend actively pushing buttons."

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

This RPG centric marathon has been running since the weekend and has a few more days left!

https://www.speedrun.com/speedrun_ragnarok_2019

Speedrun Ragnarok is a week long charity marathon hosted by The RPG Valkyries in support of the mental health non-profit organization, Take This! We'll be showcasing a wide variety of runs and runners in our cozy, welcoming community and we invite you to help us raise money for a wonderful cause.

https://www.speedrun.com/speedrun_ragnarok_2019/schedule

Personally I'm excited for Richard scary's busytown. It's the most fun game ever! Says so right on the title screen and that wouldn't lie would it?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Can you explain this? Because what I'm hearing is "run time is literally just the time you spend actively pushing buttons."

Basically yeah. There's a guard who doesn't let you past until you stare for a while so uu leave the game paused there. You also keep holding items through resets/deaths so you pause while deathwarping. Riding elevators as well.

I have videos but nothing uploaded with the new tech I should fix that

MURPHAGATOR!
Apr 6, 2013

Another busy day at the
Fight House.
Its funny, since getting some personal stuff sorted out this year I was starting to feel bad about having quit as gdq staff a few years back, then this whole thing happened and all my regrets vanished again.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
gdq has this weird policy of not discussing bans which they mostly stick to, except when they go into excruciating detail explaining why they didnt ban the obvious nazi

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Groovelord Neato posted:

if you're an adult man shaped like a pear hit the gym.

He's got a bum leg you fuckin' rear end in a top hat.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
ironically disabled

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

MURPHAGATOR! posted:

Its funny, since getting some personal stuff sorted out this year I was starting to feel bad about having quit as gdq staff a few years back, then this whole thing happened and all my regrets vanished again.

you wouldn't have rather stayed and been a voice to try to solve these issues? I can't imagine still working at GDQ, reading this thread, and not speaking up

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

flatluigi posted:

you wouldn't have rather stayed and been a voice to try to solve these issues? I can't imagine still working at GDQ, reading this thread, and not speaking up

Same, but there's also a point at which where if you've spoken up a number of times and seen literally nothing come of it, you're going to say "alright, this isn't going to be redeemable with the current organizers" and go volunteer for PUWP instead

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

flatluigi posted:

People aren't obligated to keep throwing away their mental and emotional effort tilting at windmills.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what happened i haven't been paying attention

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

eonwe posted:

what happened i haven't been paying attention

zfg got banned from gdq

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

TeaJay posted:

So maybe you want to organize an event of this magnitude with angry nerds sending you constant hatemail no matter what you do?

I mean, you're basically stooping to the same level with your rhetoric as the people you seem hate so much. While GDQ has made some stupids in the last years I'm sure there are more deserving anger targets than Coolmatty.

e: Also it's kind of sad that whenever this thread gets a lot of posts it's invariably because of someone being a dick somewhere and not speedrunning fun times.

If angry nerds are gonna send you hatemail no matter what you do maybe you ban the bigots since you're getting hatemail either way and might as well do some good in the world?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

While I don't think GDQ is handled this particularly well, don't call the dude with a bad leg pear-shaped.

I'm not going to speak for him, but his leg has had a huge impact on his day to day.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
body shaming is, imo, not very good.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

eonwe posted:

:eonwe: :yeah: :eonwe:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

eonwe posted:

It's bad and you can criticize someone without ever resorting to body shaming.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

he's feeling empowered as fuuuuuck

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Studio posted:

he's feeling empowered as fuuuuuck

no you're the nazis

Lemur Crisis
May 6, 2009

What will you do?
Where can you run?
I guess GDQ doesn't have a rule against being a bigot as long as you're not directly harassing or intimidating people on-site, but it seems pretty easy to argue that people who are openly bigots, like that person with their bio and tweets, inherently make the space less safe for their targets and that should count.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

or they just didn't look at it

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
You guys know that "feminazi" isn't just a rude way of saying "feminist" right?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it literally is dude

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

McFrugal posted:

You guys know that "feminazi" isn't just a rude way of saying "feminist" right?

yes equating feminism to genocide, the best of jokes :rolleyes:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Aurora posted:

it literally is dude

No, it's not.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminazi

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
oh no the dictionary my one weakness

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

He's a VOX chud from Spain you dingus!!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh silly me. thank you for correcting me, a woman, on what feminazi is. i'm sure this luzbelheim fellow is an upstanding guy.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Yep, here come the pitchforks again.
I'm not defending the dude. Think what you will of him, at least understand what the word means.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lmfao, you're thick as a brick

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Links definition stating that it is.

Get out of here dipshit.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

McFrugal posted:

literally every post

lmao you're extremely stupid dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012