Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Celexi posted:

Doom is kinda repetitive, and you mostly follow a corridor path all the way, it is like metro games without any of the interesting story or things to see or play with.

Agreed, I got bored of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I liked DOOM but the wave enclosures were really bad and far too frequent. It's a valid complaint.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

American McGay posted:

I liked DOOM but the wave enclosures were really bad and far too frequent. It's a valid complaint.

I'd suggest not playing Doom. Or maybe just play Doom 3 and leave the rest of the franchise alone because Doom 2016 is exactly what a modern version of the classic should be.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
D44M is at it's best when it feels overwhelming and forcing you into desperate moves to find ammo/health in the middle of dangerous situations so I kind of have to agree that if you were feeling bored with it you should bump the difficulty up and see if it's more fun.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Apparently Doom and Halo Wars are not leaving Game Pass after all.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1184519260682498050

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Doom's hardest difficulty is pretty lame. The only challenge comes from the standard Imps taking off 75HP per homing fireball so you just get killed off-screen. The rest of the big enemies are still pretty easily dealt with.

It's a very good big budget Serious Sam but if you aren't into that type of arena gameplay you won't enjoy it. Despite all the complaints about every level after the first 3 being linear the latter half ends up being the best since the game isn't terribly interesting outside combat unless you really like meandering through big empty spaces searching for RPG-lite upgrades in a Doom game.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
It has frantic action feeling.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

GUI posted:

the game isn't terribly interesting outside combat

It's Doom.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Yeah I was wondering why Halo Wars was leaving

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Zat posted:

Apparently Doom and Halo Wars are not leaving Game Pass after all.

Lol Microsoft. I'm a bit annoyed with them because I had almost finished Observer but that got removed from GP yesterday rather than end of the month. :argh: Guess it'll come up on sale for $5 eventually.

Edit: OK. If you install the Game Pass app on your phone and check the notification bell it says that that batch of games were leaving on the 15th. One would think they would put that date it in the freakin "Leaving Soon" section. :sigh:

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 16, 2019

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Doom is fun as heck and its refreshing that there is a shooter that has more gameplay options than 'sit behind cover and plink away then move up slightly' for the entire campaign.

its as true to the OG games as you can get. I dont know how interested ill be in the coming Doom game since it largely seems like more of the same. maybe when its on sale/gamepass.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The original games had more exploration than DOOM 2016, they had the keycards and tons of well hidden secrets, some of which would take you to entire secret levels. DOOM 3 put its emphasis on exploration and surprise monster closets, DOOM 2016 goes the other direction and emphasizes combat arenas. Both games draw from stuff that's in the originals while playing down other elements.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doom 4 is a fun game and I quite like it but in terms of level design theres about one early level thats similar to old doom design and while old Doom absolutely did trap you in fights it was a special occasion kind of thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Why is it such a loving nightmare to install an update for a game in PC Game Pass, it crashes and fails 9 times out of 10

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

My biggest pet peeve in a video game is being forced to fight a bunch of monsters without knowing i should have saved up on ammo and with no idea of when it will end.
I got stuck on a run on the Resident Evil 1 remake for Gamecube because as far as I could tell I had used literally all of the ammo in the game. I was right before the final boss, and wasn't a hardcore enough gamer to just knife him to death, so I had to start over.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Finally the Xbox One X we've all been waiting for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pstFKsdQabs

It makes the Taco Bell sound when you press the power button.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Fanatic posted:

Finally the Xbox One X we've all been waiting for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pstFKsdQabs

It makes the Taco Bell sound when you press the power button.

they had that promotion last year, there were people eating obscene amounts at taco bell in hopes of scoring the xbox lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What even comes in the $5 xbox box from Taco Bell?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Fanatic posted:

Lol Microsoft. I'm a bit annoyed with them because I had almost finished Observer but that got removed from GP yesterday rather than end of the month. :argh: Guess it'll come up on sale for $5 eventually.

Fucks sake I planned to start Observer tonight thinking it was leaving at the end of the month. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh hello,
Observer is currently free on Epic Games store for PC. That's something I suppose!

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 17, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

What even comes in the $5 xbox box from Taco Bell?

Nothing a human should eat but something people will

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Started up Trials rising and they still had my save file from almost 10 years ago. Officially shook.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

Started up Trials rising and they still had my save file from almost 10 years ago. Officially shook.

I finished Crackdown in 2017 almost exactly 10 years after I last played it. Quite a lot of nostalgia seeing the dates on the earlier achievements.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Fanatic posted:

Edit: OK. If you install the Game Pass app on your phone and check the notification bell it says that that batch of games were leaving on the 15th. One would think they would put that date it in the freakin "Leaving Soon" section. :sigh:
Good news! Observer is free on the Epic Games Store!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can it please be Outer Worlds release day already? Next Friday feels so far away.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

For those with Game Pass and interested in The Outer Worlds, you're able to preinstall it now (37GB) and also download the day one update (38GB). I had to search for it manually in the Xbox store though, couldn't see it in the Game Pass tab.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Fucks sake I planned to start Observer tonight thinking it was leaving at the end of the month. Thanks for the heads up.

I was literally playing it the day it left but had to stop because the dream sequences mixed with the very choppy framerate gave me a headache. I was right near the end too and was on track for 100% completion. Next thing I know it's gone. :(

Edit:

Martman posted:

Good news! Observer is free on the Epic Games Store!

Don't think I could be bothered playing through it again lol but will still add it to my library there.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 18, 2019

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Fanatic posted:

I was literally playing it the day it left but had to stop because the dream sequences mixed with the very choppy framerate gave me a headache. I was right near the end too and was on track for 100% completion. Next thing I know it's gone. :(

Edit:

Don't think I could be bothered playing through it again lol but will still add it to my library there.

I installed Blair Witch on my PC since I have Game Pass Ultimate, just to see what the graphics were like on my rig.

I was able to resume the saved games I played on Xbox. Cloud saves are loving amazing.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It only took like 10 years for Microsoft to get the whole Unified Platform thing half right

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
So to update on my “buying an xbone mainly to play old games” conundrum- after doing some more research I think I’m just gonna wait for Scarlett to come out next year. They’re supposedly promising full carryover of backwards compatible games from the xbone. And if it doesn’t actually materialize then at least xbones will be way cheaper than they are now. Seems like a win either way.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Electric Bugaloo posted:

So to update on my “buying an xbone mainly to play old games” conundrum- after doing some more research I think I’m just gonna wait for Scarlett to come out next year. They’re supposedly promising full carryover of backwards compatible games from the xbone. And if it doesn’t actually materialize then at least xbones will be way cheaper than they are now. Seems like a win either way.

As a person who owns and enjoys their X, you made the correct move.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

It only took like 10 years for Microsoft to get the whole Unified Platform thing half right

One day they'll do official 360 emulation on pc i hope

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Real hurthling! posted:

One day they'll do official 360 emulation on pc i hope

Bleem! lives

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lmfao I forgot bleem had a version that you could straight up play on a dreamcast

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmfao I forgot bleem had a version that you could straight up play on a dreamcast

Oh those were funky. Three different discs, each only capable of booting one game (Tekken 3, Metal Gear Solid, or Gran Turismo 2) but you got the game rendered at 480p resolution instead of the 240p on stock hardware. Pretty sure hacked ISOs got out that supported more games and had the bleem! payload and a specific game on the same disc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Oh those were funky. Three different discs, each only capable of booting one game (Tekken 3, Metal Gear Solid, or Gran Turismo 2) but you got the game rendered at 480p resolution instead of the 240p on stock hardware. Pretty sure hacked ISOs got out that supported more games and had the bleem! payload and a specific game on the same disc.

They had a fully functional emulator but their publisher made them release one game at a time to milk cash for some reason iirc whatever yt i watched about it

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Honestly after watching a few videos about the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. It’s too good to be true. Just.. no way.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Honestly after watching a few videos about the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. It’s too good to be true. Just.. no way.

It looks amazing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah it looks sublime

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Microsoft confirmed after E3 that the game would be over 1TB in size, but that its primary mode of playing for people is through 4K resolution streaming.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Eww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Do we think flight sim will come out on game pass day one since it’s a first party thing or naw.