Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised Pyukumuku got like...any merch at all, because I love the sad little thing. I did Pyukumuku chucking religiously, to save them.

Still don't feel like paying Pokemon merch prices for any of it, though, so I'm just going to crochet one myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

PhantomPayne posted:

Yeah, even in the TCG they just roll out Gen 1 cards with 4 or 5 new mons. There's some subsets that are just Gen 1. I mean, it's cool since i'm an old gently caress, but I want new pokemon/art goddammit.

Sorry, but you couldn't possibly be more wrong if you tried.

The video games are one thing but the TCG has always been amazing at featuring every generation of pokemon equally. In the past two years each generation has received an entire card set dedicated to it with only a few unrelated pokemon included, including Hoenn, Kalos, Sinnoh, and Johto, with incredible artwork throughout. Pokemon like Seismitoad, Crobat, Garbodor, and Sableye dominated competitive play until their cards were mercifully rotated out of the tournament format. To say that the TCG goes for the same gen 1 nostalgia as the video games is nonsense.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

From The Simpsons memes thread:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

From The Simpsons memes thread:

TAKE A HIKE, GIOVANNI. I’M RUNNING THINGS NOW.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well everyone looks like this game is officially A Stinker. Sad!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/pokebeach_wpm/status/1184603999070064640

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I would be ok with a Gigantimax Scizor. I found the Mega form to be hideous.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
re: the new gigantimax forms

gotta love how 3/5 recently announced ones are for pokemon which are pre-evolutions and which would be really boring to drag through an entire game without evolving them (because you know that persian, raichu, and the eeveelutions won't get special forms)

especially eevee. gamefreak took the pokemon whose defining trait is "can evolve into eight different types" and gave the base form an exclusive ability

also, given charizard is now confirmed in, I'm gonna assume that means squirtle and bulbasaur will be joining it, and I can't help but worry we're retreading the same ground that spawned X & Y.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I would be ok with a Gigantimax Scizor. I found the Mega form to be hideous.

This is truly the worst take in this this thread ever since someone said gen 5 was the worst.

Blaziken386 posted:

re: the new gigantimax forms

gotta love how 3/5 recently announced ones are for pokemon which are pre-evolutions and which would be really boring to drag through an entire game without evolving them (because you know that persian, raichu, and the eeveelutions won't get special forms)

especially eevee. gamefreak took the pokemon whose defining trait is "can evolve into eight different types" and gave the base form an exclusive ability

also, given charizard is now confirmed in, I'm gonna assume that means squirtle and bulbasaur will be joining it, and I can't help but worry we're retreading the same ground that spawned X & Y.

I wouldn't bet on that.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blaziken386 posted:

also, given charizard is now confirmed in, I'm gonna assume that means squirtle and bulbasaur will be joining it

Not necessarily: Mega Blaziken debuted without her co-starters as well in XY.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

less laughter posted:

Not necessarily: Mega Blaziken debuted without her co-starters as well in XY.
i don't mean that there'll be gigantimax forms for the other two, I mean (because starters aren't generally available as wild pokemon) that it's entirely possible they'll have the professor let you choose one and while talking your ear off about how "these are rare pokemon from kanto and isn't kanto just so swell??"

but on a less curmudgeonly note:
https://twitter.com/sifyro/status/1184604281120415748

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blaziken386 posted:

We've known Charizard is in SwSh for ages, it's Leon's signature Pokemon. Meanwhile, we haven't seen the other two lines at all. We're getting Charizard because it is brutally popular, not because it is a Kanto starter.

Okay, we're getting it because it's a Kanto mon specifically, but not because it is a starter.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Blaziken386 posted:

They did this with Let's Go Eevee and it still baffles me.

It totally should have been Let's Go Meowth instead. :colbert:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Psyduck was robbed

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vandar posted:

Or Jigglypuff. Eevee was a weird choice.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Lol if you think for a second that Venosaur, king of kings, is jealous of charizard's popularity.

Blaziken386 posted:

i don't mean that there'll be gigantimax forms for the other two, I mean (because starters aren't generally available as wild pokemon) that it's entirely possible they'll have the professor let you choose one and while talking your ear off about how "these are rare pokemon from kanto and isn't kanto just so swell??"

but on a less curmudgeonly note:
https://twitter.com/sifyro/status/1184604281120415748

loving awesome

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Vandar posted:

No way, Eevee is rad :colbert:

Kind of bummed it's looking like there's no new Eeveelution this gen...

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ka0 posted:

Lol if you think for a second that Venosaur, king of kings, is jealous of charizard's popularity.

This would be more convincing if you at least got the name right.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

No way, Eevee is rad :colbert:

Eevee's cool but Game Freak's now repeated stripping away of it's gimmick is really, really silly.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Last gen, Pikachu got a new evolution, multiple new forms (Cap and Partner), and several exclusive Z-moves. One does not exclude the other, so a new Eeveelution is still eminently possible this gen.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Vandar posted:

Eevee's cool but Game Freak's now repeated stripping away of it's gimmick is really, really silly.

It's not that silly when you realize Eevee is cuter than the other 8 and also :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

E: Like Eevee is consistently extremely popular in it's own right. Interestingly enough though different Eeveelutions actually beat it, a Reddit poll of 52000 put Umbreon at 6 and Eevee at 9, and the Japanese Pokemon movie website put Sylveon at 5 and Eevee at 12.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/c45hqi/reddits_favorite_pokemon_vs_japans_favorite/

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 17, 2019

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
nothing is cuter than an Eevee

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

indigi posted:

Hydreigon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
flareon is the cutest eevee-adjacent mon

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

indigi posted:

What about two eevees?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Make Eevee playable in the next Smash

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

What about two eevees?

oh, gently caress.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Spheal is hard to out-cute.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

:hmmyes:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Complain about Charizard having four forms all you want, meanwhile Unown has like 26 forms and nobody bats an eye

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

indigi posted:

What about a baby pre-evolution that was just called Eev

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Trubbish is the cutest pokemon

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I will say that for as much as I like chonky boy gmax Pikachu, it's really hard to get interested with the idea of this gimmick when gamefreak treats generational gimmicks like Google treats their software and apps.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Dynamax will read your inputs faster than megaevolution.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

indigi posted:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Eevee should get a steel and dragon evo this time.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Avalerion posted:

eevee should get a dragon evo solely so that I can use it to remember all of the special types when replaying gen 3 games

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

indigi posted:

Big fan of Skitty when it comes to cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Avalerion posted:

Ferocious Dragon Eevee vs Steel Knight Eevee.