Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If they shot down a b52 carrying nukes.... Trump might just let them get away with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Turkey is our ally because of the Cold War and containment.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

If they shot down a b52 carrying nukes.... Trump might just let them get away with it

"After Erdogan said Trump Towers Istanbul were very beautiful and that he was going to give me a great lease on the Hagia Sophia, the most beautiful deal, I couldn't help but give him the nuclear baseball!"

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but:

I assume that "we left in such a hurry that we couldn't bring our stuff out and had to blow it up instead" is probably unusual when you're not retreating, but there's probably no argument to be made that perhaps having to immediately comply with Trump's every whim is wasteful, because compared to the total amount of annual wastage by the armed forces this is nothing? I mean I would never say "oh poo poo I'm running late for my flight home, I'll just leave all my clothes in the hotel room and buy new ones when I get home" but I've heard stories about it not being a big deal when weapons go missing during exercises so I guess I'm just tight with my money :v:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Buttcoin purse posted:

I assume that "we left in such a hurry that we couldn't bring our stuff out and had to blow it up instead" is probably unusual when you're not retreating, but there's probably no argument to be made that perhaps having to immediately comply with Trump's every whim is wasteful, because compared to the total amount of annual wastage by the armed forces this is nothing? I mean I would never say "oh poo poo I'm running late for my flight home, I'll just leave all my clothes in the hotel room and buy new ones when I get home" but I've heard stories about it not being a big deal when weapons go missing during exercises so I guess I'm just tight with my money :v:

Who the gently caress told you that?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Buttcoin purse posted:

Losing weapons is a pretty big deal, dude.

Someone tell the story of the crashed helo over an M9.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

They still lock down entire CONUS bases for a single missing M9

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

Losing weapons is a pretty big deal, dude.

Someone tell the story of the crashed helo over an M9.
Is that the 2 Kiowas colliding in 2004? I thought that when it was.

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Also how do you even move 50 nukes in such a situation? Do you pile them all in one C-17? A B-61 is 1200 lbs.

91-115 These safety rules apply to C-17A Prime Nuclear Airlift operations.

The following weapons are authorized to be transported aboard the C17A:
5.4.1. B61-3,-4,-7,-11.
5.4.2. W78. (See limitation in paragraph 5.5).
5.4.3. W80-1.
5.4.4. B83-0, -1.
5.4.5. W87 (See limitation in paragraph 5.6).

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

just lmao if this is how we all die

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Buttcoin purse posted:

The losing weapons thing is VERY wrong. There are two things that cause a huge scene and are painful for anyone involved, a missing weapon and missing classified material. However in the grand scheme of things, an abandoned FOB is a drop in the bucket of money wasted in Syria.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A whole bunch of computer scientists on the next level of the simulation are running around the room sized computer pulling their hair out because it's their rear end on the line if this thing goes bsod

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoBWUs8poYU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I still think it makes most sense with whippets guys

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Milo and POTUS posted:

A whole bunch of computer scientists on the next level of the simulation are running around the room sized computer pulling their hair out because it's their rear end on the line if this thing goes bsod

Pfft, like we should be that lucky. We're probably just a forgotten demo unit that still happens to be running.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Someone in the Australian army reserve who had been on some joint exercise in Australia and made it sound like they had to account for everything, but the US army could get away with losing stuff, but on reflection he was full of poo poo and racist so it could have been either or both of those things :shrug:

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

However in the grand scheme of things, an abandoned FOB is a drop in the bucket of money wasted in Syria.

Good point :cheerdoge:

Casimir Radon posted:

Is that the 2 Kiowas colliding in 2004? I thought that when it was.

..while searching for a missing pistol!?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Buttcoin purse posted:

no, missing pistols are formed by the heat and pressure of two colliding helicopters, obviously

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Buttcoin purse posted:

Someone in the Australian army reserve who had been on some joint exercise in Australia and made it sound like they had to account for everything, but the US army could get away with losing stuff, but on reflection he was full of poo poo and racist so it could have been either or both of those things :shrug:

Good point :cheerdoge:

Yeah. The kiowas got brought in because the people from the blackhawk that dropped it couldnt find it so they thought kiowas have night vision they can find a black m9 in the dark right? And then they collided...:(

Something like that it was tragic just to read.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Yeah I seem to recall they got tasked with it because some O-6 or above insisted that it be found because reasons.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, B-1, B-2, B-52, and a slew of NATO jets can carry B61s. Eventually the F-35 will be able to as well. Or, of course, you could load them up in the back of a cargo plane.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
:rip: Elijiah Cummings

Why is it assholes always outlive the good ones?

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title
"Boris Johnson says he has secured 'great new deal' with EU"

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...l-politics-live

Better than a no deal Brexit, but I'm going to guess that this is still probably a poo poo sandwich for the UK.

Edit: Clearly BJ stole/sold Elijah Cummings' soul to fuel this demonic contract.

Ragaman fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 17, 2019

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

ded posted:

Didn't you hear the Billy Joel song? Only the good die young.

And gently caress me this is gonna be a poo poo storm.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Ragaman posted:

"Boris Johnson says he has secured 'great new deal' with EU"

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...l-politics-live

Better than a no deal Brexit, but I'm going to guess that this is still probably a poo poo sandwich for the UK.

Edit: Clearly BJ stole/sold Elijah Cummings' soul to fuel this demonic contract.

he is going to have some sort of barrier with ireland and start a new loving war there

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
God loving drat it.

I got the day off to mourn Bush :lol: and Regan :laffo:. But we sure won't get one for Elijah Cummings. He was a stand up guy who went after real corruption and abuse and supported federal workers who were doing the right thing.

Instead we're going to see gleeful celebration by a bunch of criminals who think this makes it easier to get away with their crimes.

poo poo.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Buttcoin purse posted:

Someone in the Australian army reserve was full of poo poo and racist

no way

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/anniekarni/stat...ingawful.com%2F

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
An hour ago everyone was reporting Cummings had died. Now the link I sent a friend has 404ed and google news is turning up nothing. WTF?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

stealie72 posted:

An hour ago everyone was reporting Cummings had died. Now the link I sent a friend has 404ed and google news is turning up nothing. WTF?

its still on CNN so its real

plus he was reported hospitalized a day or two ago

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its still on CNN so its real

plus he was reported hospitalized a day or two ago

Yeah, found some links to real sources on Twitter. Still...odd. cant trust the simulation too much.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

stealie72 posted:

WaPo: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/10/17/elijah-cummings-dies-baltimore/?outputType=amp

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Plus his office is confirming it

loving sucks, dude was cool and good

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ceiling fan posted:

Instead we're going to see gleeful celebration by a bunch of criminals who think this makes it easier to get away with their crimes.

Oh yeah. And you will almost certainly hear your chud coworkers say the n word next shift.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
e: Rip to Cummings, could use more like him in Congress.

Woodchip fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 17, 2019

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

St anger is so bad what are you talking about

Also rip Cummings, a good dude.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Do I get to be the first to say "maybe Donny had some of his friends drop some polonium into Cumming's morning coffee" :tinfoil:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Stealing this from the UK thread in D&D, here are more Donnie brain worms:

Tesseraction posted:

I know it's slightly off topic but I've been dying for like 15 minutes that Trump thinks the leader of Italy is "President Mozzarella" https://twitter.com/DKeetz/status/1184597223465783299

It's Mattarella btw

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

ded posted:

:smith:

I got to meet him when I was in middle school. Really great guy who liked to get kids enthusiastic about government.

I live in his district now and I'm not really sure who's going to be a good candidate to replace him because he's been the default winner for the past forever.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

he was in Congress since 1996

forever is an understatement

whos gonna run oversight now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Goddamnit. Good dude.