Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Wait but the

cows

Sorry man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

blarzgh posted:

Wait but the

cows

Sorry man

Don’t you go trying to steer this thread. You hoof to let the posts roam where they will.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Ratatozsk posted:

Don’t you go trying to steer this thread. You hoof to let the posts roam where they will.

Reported

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

Reported

Don’t have a cow, man.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Devastating to hear about both the brutal island murder and one of our goon attorneys getting run out of Tombstone on their big cattle rustling case.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If he had been wearing cowboy boots in the court room he wouldn’t have lost.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Look Sir Droids posted:

COW LAW

Did you get hometowned or something?

He got cowtowned

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Defendant’s lawyers will probably milk this for all it’s worth so you should probably moove to appeal as fast as possible.

It’s an udder outrage is what it is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Our friend has been rustled and here we are just sitting around chewing the cud.

Would you say the judge's decision was off-brand?

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Defendant’s lawyers will probably milk this for all it’s worth so you should probably moove to appeal as fast as possible.

I’ve herd of maverick Texas judges before, but this one takes the cake. You calf to do something about this.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Steer your client right and tell him he udder take this one to the Supreme Court. Don’t kowtow to those dudes. Your client has a real maverick for a lawyer and you’re gonna tan their hides.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
gig ‘em

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

gently caress aggy

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Mr. Nice! posted:

gently caress aggy

But also horns down.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Look Sir Droids posted:

But also horns down.

guns up, baby

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
lobs tortilla

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

El_Elegante posted:

lobs tortilla

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Goldmine

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
Scene: Barrister’s Ball, 2016, a Pittsburgh hotel

A drunken Toona the Cat gets off his barstool. He stumbles a little bit. Being one of the more financially successful and connected 1Ls in the room, he feels confidence that he hasn’t felt in years.

He walks over to an unsuspecting fellow 1L who is also feeling no pain. They’re friendly. He leans over and whispers into her ear.

You’re with me, Leather

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Hahahahaha

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Because that’s a joke, it didn’t actually happen.

Right?

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

I mean, you could take it all the way to SCOTUS. Too bad you'd have to get through Chief Justice Roberts.

Now, if it were the Burger Court...

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

I was so disappointed just now when I checked and saw that there was no time where the Supreme Court had both a Justice Frankfurter and Justice Burger. They missed by 7 years

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
a note on sleep aids, since it's a bit up my alley:

I do strongly recommend trying Vicks Pure Zzzs as a starter. I discussed the product line and market entry with some head people at P&G a few months back, and they're being absolutely ruthlessly scrupulous about them. This is because they're the flagship entry into supplements for P&G, under a separate management group, and that management group is pharma and consumer goods people who find the normal standards applied in the supplement market grotesque. Pure Zzzs is straight melatonin, and it's got a much better supporting evidence base than the active in Zzzquil.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
If you're becoming an expert in sleep aids, talk to your doctor.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

nm posted:

If you're becoming an expert in sleep aids, talk to your doctor.

If you're spouting that much prospectusese, talk to your local homeless shelter or guillotine tester.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Discendo Vox posted:

Pure Zzzs is straight melatonin, and it's got a much better supporting evidence base than the active in Zzzquil.

You can get melatonin in gummy form. 5mg and im asleep in 15 minutes.

Moo.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Discendo Vox posted:

a note on sleep aids, since it's a bit up my alley:

I do strongly recommend trying Vicks Pure Zzzs as a starter. I discussed the product line and market entry with some head people at P&G a few months back, and they're being absolutely ruthlessly scrupulous about them. This is because they're the flagship entry into supplements for P&G, under a separate management group, and that management group is pharma and consumer goods people who find the normal standards applied in the supplement market grotesque. Pure Zzzs is straight melatonin, and it's got a much better supporting evidence base than the active in Zzzquil.

Reading this is proving to be far more effective than anything Vick’s can conjure up

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

blarzgh posted:

Unless the judge personally buys cattle from this auction house, there's no reason to believe the Plaintiff isn't in higher social standing in this town than the Defendant! We didn't even get hometowned. We got hosed!

Wow that is such a load of bull

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Toona the Cat posted:

Reading this is proving to be far more effective than anything Vick’s can conjure up

lol

Yoda
Dec 11, 2003

A Jedi I am

After multiple internships and a year of licensed practice on the job, I now finally feel like a true public defender!

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Yoda posted:

After multiple internships and a year of licensed practice on the job, I now finally feel like a true public defender!

Prost! :cheers:

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Congratulations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4xDOOHQdAE

Tokelau All Star fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 18, 2019

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Yoda posted:

Congrats! What did they say you did?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Yoda posted:

https://youtu.be/c3XX_z5wZn0?t=00m29s

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Post your sovereign citizen Avvo complaints

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Yoda posted:

V nice! Got the spot on the wall ready for that frame?

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey is this where I should ask some career advice for being a patent lawyer? I'm in a tough spot career-wise right now and you can tell things are grim when I post on the God-damned SA Forums for help! I'm a California lawyer and I passed the patent bar.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
How good are you at fish patents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

SuperKlaus posted:

Hey is this where I should ask some career advice for being a patent lawyer? I'm in a tough spot career-wise right now and you can tell things are grim when I post on the God-damned SA Forums for help! I'm a California lawyer and I passed the patent bar.

This is the right place.