Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

suicidesteve posted:

Perfect color fixing, providing protection from one of the main sources of interaction of the format, recurring that very same source of interaction, removal, and a win condition is not "fine" on a 2 mana card.

I assume we're talking about legacy. If anyone is talking about Wrenn and Six being banned in modern, they're high. That will be in a few months when people realize what a ridiculous mistake Modern Horizons was yet again.

Oh, no I was talking about modern. I agree that recurring wasteland seems reeeeeal abusive, though I don't know much about legacy and will be playing a not super interactive deck when I start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Who really cares about Legacy? Instead on banning W6, how about they just unban Deathrite? :getin:

Edit: Also, why is Earthcraft still banned?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Wasteland is a piece of poo poo card to have in the first place, it was bad before W&6.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Play more basics.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Panzeh posted:

Wasteland is a piece of poo poo card to have in the first place, it was bad before W&6.

Wasteland is good because it rewards basics and helps slow the game down. Print wasteland in standard.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Back to basics a standard card when.

Is there any particular reason this dredge list plays lightning strike instead of bolt? Trying to dodge chalice on 1 g2/g3?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2374805#paper

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ungulateman posted:

Hot take: being a mana dork that doesn't die to Wrenn and Six means it honestly should have some modern and legacy demand (until they ban wrenn and six in all formats).

You need your dork to always tap for mana. This card doesn’t do that.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

ilmucche posted:

Back to basics a standard card when.

Is there any particular reason this dredge list plays lightning strike instead of bolt? Trying to dodge chalice on 1 g2/g3?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2374805#paper

I almost feel like I'd rather play murderous cut

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

neaden posted:

Wasteland is good because it rewards basics and helps slow the game down. Print wasteland in standard.

ya wasteland whips it should be in modern

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Wasteland should be evergreen.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

kalvanoo posted:

ya wasteland whips it should be in modern

Wastes land.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Voyager I posted:

Uh, actually BFZ completely hosed the price of Standard by combining types duals to combine with fetchlands. Every deck was some 4c pile running 12+ Fetches and then probably also a playset of Baby Jace at like $70 a pop. The competitive decks of that era were no-poo poo $700 and the backlash online was immense.

I feel like this is deliberately misunderstanding what I said. I didn't say "BFZ Standard" (as in right as that set was released), I said "around BFZ", which is when the first steps were taken to fix that exact situation caused by KTK fetchlands and Origins cards, not by BFZ cards being expensive. As soon as KTK rotated, look at the price of standard decks compared to months earlier.

Even prior to Khans, standard decks were more expensive than they are now, pushing $400 on average. But we're seeing an uptick again, which is thanks to moving what was a great tool for keeping singles prices down into separate products.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Where the gently caress am I meant to find the Brawl decks, all of them except for the black/green one are basically nowhere to be found except marked up 50% on eBay. This sucks. :(

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/GamerPres2020/status/1184549153780711424

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=15522&writer=Nick+Prince&articledate=10-17-2019

there is absolutely no way Oko is catching a ban this time. They would ban forests and islands before they admit they over-pushed the big new marquee planeswalker of the most recent set this soon.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Banning loving Veil of Summer would be hilarious.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Justin_Brett posted:

Even better, just unprint it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Justin_Brett posted:

Remember the last time they banned a one mana green spell?

Yeah, it was Attune With Aether. A better Lay of the Land.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Owlbear Camus posted:

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=15522&writer=Nick+Prince&articledate=10-17-2019

there is absolutely no way Oko is catching a ban this time. They would ban forests and islands before they admit they over-pushed the big new marquee planeswalker of the most recent set this soon.

I'm still mildly upset they banned Felidar Guardian, the fun blink cat, instead of Saheeli.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

LifeLynx posted:

I'm still mildly upset they banned Felidar Guardian, the fun blink cat, instead of Saheeli.

Saheeli was definitely the correct ban but lol if you think they'll ban an otherwise unplayable $30 mythic instead of the fun, still playable 50 cent uncommon.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I know these guys have to produce content but there's no way anything in here besides Field is even being considered for a ban.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

IDK how anyone did a 180 degree turn on Oko. That card was obviously busted.

I could see it getting banned along with Field, if they think it'll be too dominant if Field is gone, same logic as Reflector Mage and Rampaging Ferocidon. Certainly not instead.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If it gets banned it’ll be a set or two later when they’re not making as much money off of it anymore

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

We definitely need some sort of system where posters in this thread can weigh in on cards prior to release in a public, easily sortable way. Whoever predicts the impact of the most cards correctly gets to be king of the thread.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
The king of the thread is the guy who hosed

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

suicidesteve posted:

Saheeli was definitely the correct ban but lol if you think they'll ban an otherwise unplayable $30 mythic instead of the fun, still playable 50 cent uncommon.

Saheeli wasn't broken on its own and had potential to been playable, but cat was never going to be relevant in constructed so it caught the :redhammer:

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

W6 plus astrolabe in legacy creates this really weird effect on the format where wasteland with W6 is so good that the best way to combat it is to play 4c astrolabe piles with W6 yourself (or RUG delver I guess). I guess it sort of warps the format, but luckily no one cares about legacy.

I have a bunch of legacy decks available but can't be bothered to sleeve them up. Only 8 people show up at the monthly legacy tournaments and they insist on playing 6 rounds on a sunday.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

stump collector posted:

The king of the thread is the guy who hosed

God, between that, McMagic (rip) blowing it on lil’Jace and fighting people about it for a whole year, and 80s James Hetfield swaggerjacking someone here on Reddit then pretending it was his “friend” who posts under the exact same name in the exact same topics, this thread and this card game have brought me more joy than anything else in my entire life, namaste.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

fadam posted:

We definitely need some sort of system where posters in this thread can weigh in on cards prior to release in a public, easily sortable way. Whoever predicts the impact of the most cards correctly gets to be king of the thread.

I thought that's what Thunderdome was for.

Would love to see a this thread vs arena thread tournament.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

fadam posted:

I lay claim to the crown.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Kanister is hogaaking people in Vintage now

Edit: also i’ve been traveling but has the thread discussed how disgusting Oko seems?

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Does it need anything else? It’s really hard to attack down, gives you life and/or blockers if they don’t, removes hard to deal with threats, and dominates an empty or stalled board. It seems generically great to me

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

ItBreathes posted:

I thought that's what Thunderdome was for.

Would love to see a this thread vs arena thread tournament.
What if you post in both?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
oh thank loving christ!

my neighbor just called me and apparently all of my cards stolen from my house got dumped on his stoop. from a cursory glance it seems all of the cards were dumped by the thief. looks like i only lost my kindle, my messenger bag and my notes from class.

still sucks but jesus is this a relief

THANK gently caress

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

A big flaming stink posted:

oh thank loving christ!

my neighbor just called me and apparently all of my cards stolen from my house got dumped on his stoop. from a cursory glance it seems all of the cards were dumped by the thief. looks like i only lost my kindle, my messenger bag and my notes from class.

THANK gently caress

God bless. What were you reading on the Kindle?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

oh thank loving christ!

THANK gently caress

Nice bud. The advantage of having your money sunk into cardboard!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

fadam posted:

God bless. What were you reading on the Kindle?

i was in between like 3 books. gormenghast, the telling, and something else

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

i was in between like 3 books. gormenghast, the telling, and something else

Gg is sick

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

fadam posted:

Gg is sick

yeah it is! though its a helluva dense read.

oh i remembered the other book was satantango

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I want to tell that thief that he kept a $200 e-reader but dumped probably 5X as much in easier to fence merchandise.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Sorry about your other stolen stuff but congrats on being having the world's dumbest burglar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Retromancer posted:

$200 e-reader

Not even. These things have come way down in price. I just had to replace mine and the latest generation paperwhite even with the extortion fee to remove the ads was only like $140.

I don't know if there's a way to bypass linking an amazon account to it, but if you report it stolen to Amazon they shouldn't be able to register it and/or Amazon can find out who has it if they see that serial number get used.