Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bwahaha yesss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

well, good thing this isn't the guy the president uses as his go-to 'official business guy'!

Oh noooo

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Oh yeah, that was going on today.

Maybe we need an impeachment proceedings thread.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So literally nothing changed since neither side actually agreed to do anything.
As far as I can tell, yeah

And Trump is somehow ‘Mission Accomplished’-ing over it

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

:laffo:

"His diatribe has blown up the Sondland interview" really exposes the plan, doesn't it?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Paradoxish posted:

There was never any need to give Turkey anything since there was never any serious chance of Turkish troops firing on US troops.

Didn't they ..uh... fire on US troops already.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

twice burned ice posted:

:laffo:

"His diatribe has blown up the Sondland interview" really exposes the plan, doesn't it?

all those carefully crafted lies, carefully memorized, blown to bits

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So when it’s clear by later tonight that the conflict is still going on without any interruption what’s going to be the narrative coming out of the White House?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Prester Jane posted:

Approximately 25% of our population is a brainwashed Trump cultist.

I actually probably agree with you, my guess is 27-28%.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

I think I was so confused by mulvaneys dumb stunt I hadn’t even considered this. Wow. They’re going to have sondland until 10p tonight.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So literally nothing changed since neither side actually agreed to do anything.

no it's actually a very huge change. We've gone from 'aw gee how'd that happen, wow sucks for you guys huh' as our stance on this to 'no Turkey's right, get the gently caress out, if you stay you're fair game to be murdered'.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1184815419489738754

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So when it’s clear by later tonight that the conflict is still going on without any interruption what’s going to be the narrative coming out of the White House?
“Mission Accomplished, no further questions”

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Fake News of course. Did you really have to ask?

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

skylined! posted:

I think I was so confused by mulvaneys dumb stunt I hadn’t even considered this. Wow. They’re going to have sondland until 10p tonight.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some part of this wasn't "throw us under the bus, will you, Sondland? We have SO MANY busses here that you fit right under."

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I am not very smart, so just to be sure, the implication here is that Sondland planned to lie/evade in his testimony so it couldn't be proven there was a quid pro quo, then Mulvaney just said "yeah we traded aid for help investigating Democrats, explicitly"

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Lemming posted:

lick em good you loving piece of poo poo

graham is synonymous with worm

That's an insult to worms

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

VitalSigns posted:

That was after Trump already gave his word they wouldn't fire back...

God drat that stupid bastard.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The best people.

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/1184905921811636225?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

VitalSigns posted:

I am not very smart, so just to be sure, the implication here is that Sondland planned to lie/evade in his testimony so it couldn't be proven there was a quid pro quo, then Mulvaney just said "yeah we traded aid for help investigating Democrats, explicitly"

I dunno if we can ascribe the first part without proof but this record now gives dems something very concrete to go 'you said in the past this wasn't quid pro quo, so why does Mulvaney seem to think it was and was fine?'

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

VitalSigns posted:

pretty much, yeah

he worked with his lawyers and all of the public info to try to lie only in ways that aren't contradicted by known fact while not incriminating himself or trump, and got all of that work blown up mid-interview - most likely, when he'd already started lying, but while democrats still had him there to answer questions about why, exactly, he'd lied in the first half of his testimony

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Willo567 posted:

That's an insult to worms

The mass of stinging insects that animates the Ted Cruz skin suit has colonized Lindsey Graham

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

VitalSigns posted:

The expectations that I read was that Sondland would spin a yarn about how any possible quid-quo-pro, if it existed, was down to Giuliani since he was "in charge" of the Ukraine stuff and so really he just doesn't know anything. And Mulvaney coming out saying "Heck yes we knew we were doing crimes, we do it all the time so what?" kind of throws a wrench into that.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Shades of the Sudetenland happening right now, with Trump shouting "Peace in our time, only the best peace, everyone is saying what a great peace time we are having thanks to me"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1184906559261941762

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

VitalSigns posted:

Iirc reporting yesterday was that sondland said quid pro quo happened but it was legal and mulvaney said basically the same thing. The fuckup would appear to be what kind of quid pro quo occurred and also yes you loving morons it’s illegal.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

I dunno if we can ascribe the first part without proof but this record now gives dems something very concrete to go 'you said in the past this wasn't quid pro quo, so why does Mulvaney seem to think it was and was fine?'

his leaked opening statement was full of obvious lies such as "i didn't know what guliani really was up to"

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

This Sondland Mulvaney stuff has officially broken my brain. I can’t even parse the idiocy.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1184864531379556353

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1184633502974672898

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1184885247823044608

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

these are not smart people

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

VitalSigns posted:

They fired bracketed artillery rounds around a known US position. It's not really firing "at" them so much as "we know you're here and we could hit you if we wanted".

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

evilweasel posted:

his leaked opening statement was full of obvious lies such as "i didn't know what guliani really was up to"

I hope we get the transcript of this hearing because it sounds hilarious

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ragzilla posted:

They fired bracketed artillery rounds around a known US position. It's not really firing "at" them so much as "we know you're here and we could hit you if we wanted".

yeah, basically trying (successfully) to force the us troops to pull back but without actually killing any of them

Boot and Rally
Apr 21, 2006

8===D
Nap Ghost
That agreement with Turkey reeks of the total lack of understanding displayed when negotiating with North Korea. For example, there is no understanding/common definition of what a "terrorist" is. So Pence gets to think "ISIS" and Turkey gets to think "anyone who isn't Turkish military". It is absurd.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

These people know they're just going to get away with anything short of murder and are taking the piss. Infuriating.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

VitalSigns posted:

I hope we get the transcript of this hearing because it sounds hilarious

dems will definitely release them all prior to the actual impeachment vote, they're just confidential for now to make it harder for people to get their story straight with what dems already know

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Everyone thinking Mulvaney is playing some 4D chess, forget it. He's just dumb as Trump and he was never supposed to be talking to the press.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

“Oooooh, you were asking about that Guliani, I thought you were talking about another one”

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Romney is apparently slamming this deal on the floor of the Senate so the news might finally wake up this is a surrender not a cease-fire before the newpapers are printed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

evilweasel posted:

yeah, basically trying (successfully) to force the us troops to pull back but without actually killing any of them

They already knew at that point the US troops were withdrawing, this was just a dick move. "we were shooting at kurds, and we know your roe won't let you return fire". Same stupid poking the bear poo poo every tinpot dictator does when the US is deployed anywhere near them.