Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

superLINUS posted:

Where’s my free podcast that I do absolutely nothing to help produce?!?

Recording it in like 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tarnop posted:

Latest update from my credulous melt of an MP

So now all of this idiot's constituents are going to believe that ITS BORIS' DEAL OR NO DEAL!!! because she couldn't want to actually check the facts before she sent this out? wtf

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

superLINUS posted:

Where’s my free podcast that I do absolutely nothing to help produce?!?

Being recorded now so will be edited and released when our sound engineer has a spare few hours/insomnia.

Halisnacks posted:

Is there any way this deal gets through without a referendum?

Are the only two outcomes: (1) deal doesn’t pass, Johnson requests extension; and (2) deal passes, 2nd referendum incoming?

There's always 3) deal doesnt pass, Boris doesn't request extension, ???????????????????

So prepare yourself because that's what's happening.

However it's potentially going to pass!

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1184894286728499201?s=19

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

If a podcaster says refers to Armatage Shanks as a real person they know I will donate £10 to MSF

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
So that's a loss by 25+ then going by previous votes

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I dont see how labour can support a referendum on this deal versus remain if its as poo poo as everyone says it is and the whole point of labour's recent strategy has been to only do a proper referendum how they should be done where they are impartial and prepared to implement either option? So they surely aren't going to go for a referendum on this before any election which gives them the opportunity to do a different deal?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the suggestion is they would oppose it because it's bad, but if it passes anyway, they'll support a referendum on it.

Or, rather, they'll probably support an amendment to the bill to add a referendum in case it passes, but vote the whole thing down at the end.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1184905532009832449
If Corbyn doesn't make clear that voting for this deal means losing the whip, it'll be a massive, massive mistake. No incentive to court leave voters if you're not going to be running as a Labour MP.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
If they pass his deal, they hand him a huge majority in the GE. Absolutely loving ridiculous any of them are even considering it

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Can they put four lines under it?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

They're not, the press is just heavily invested in the whole thing seeming like grand drama rather than mediocre idiocy.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

The Lib Dems won't support Corbyn to request an extension so this is just weighing the consequences of getting over the loving A50 part of Brexit and trying to move onto other topics versus still slamming their heads into a wall trying to get an election first.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

josh04 posted:

They're not, the press is just heavily invested in the whole thing seeming like grand drama rather than mediocre idiocy.

Aye, same poo poo was pulled before each of may's attempts

Joris gonna lose

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Bardeh posted:

If they pass his deal, they hand him a huge majority in the GE. Absolutely loving ridiculous any of them are even considering it

For a lot of Labour MPs this is the ideal outcome, provided they keep their seat. Corbyn quits, they have their evidence that the Left can't win elections, and they can try and take over the party again.

Funniest timeline is still the vote going to a tie, and Bercow's last act as speaker being to vote it down.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I dont see how labour can support a referendum on this deal versus remain if its as poo poo as everyone says it is and the whole point of labour's recent strategy has been to only do a proper referendum how they should be done where they are impartial and prepared to implement either option? So they surely aren't going to go for a referendum on this before any election which gives them the opportunity to do a different deal?

Yeah, agreed. Though I suppose it might be hard to get support for a referendum amendment if you don’t at least pretend you’d then vote for the main deal in exchange for it.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

namesake posted:

The Lib Dems won't support Corbyn to request an extension so this is just weighing the consequences of getting over the loving A50 part of Brexit and trying to move onto other topics versus still slamming their heads into a wall trying to get an election first.

To 99.9% of the electorate the A50 part of Brexit is all they care about. Boris gets to say he delivered Brexit, Labour leavers will have handed that to him on a plate, and he will win the election with a landslide.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Ratjaculation posted:

If a podcaster says refers to Armatage Shanks as a real person they know I will donate £10 to MSF

He's surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

jabby posted:

Funniest timeline is still the vote going to a tie, and Bercow's last act as speaker being to vote it down.

He has to do the hands on cheeks eyes closed smile face if that happens.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Ratjaculation posted:

This reminds me of an old school joke.
What two words does your ma see than any other?
Armatage Shanks.

Height of schoolboy hilarity.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

jabby posted:

Would convention dictate that Bercow votes with the government, or votes for status quo (which I suppose isn’t this deal)?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
If Britain doesn't elect a left-labour govt in the next election we will witness state violence the likes of which hasn't been seen in the UK since gut 19th century, imo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Halisnacks posted:

Would convention dictate that Bercow votes with the government, or votes for status quo (which I suppose isn’t this deal)?

Status quo.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

feedmegin posted:

Apropos of nothing this also turned up on the US page of the Guardian today (I'm in Baltimore this week!)
that's an interesting URL, given the topic

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Why is that a bad thing?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

jBrereton posted:

At a time when the police will not go near anything brexit related because it's "too political", even when there are definitely specific crimes that have been committed, do you really think they're going to lock up the PM when he says "ah well uh bon mots on Europe are one thing but really we needed the certainty of a deal. We have crossed the Brexit Rubicon. The country's not for turning" or some other tosh?

If the Supreme Court tells them to, yes. That's how the law works.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Why is that a bad thing?

quote:

But the proposed definition of antisemitism is so wide that, in addition to standard protections against hate speech towards Jews, it would also prohibit debate about the human rights violations of the Israeli government.

quote:

The emails give a clear indication of the motive behind the push for antisemitism bills – countering criticism of Israel on campuses.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Why is that a bad thing?

As defined by conservatives, "anti-semitism" means criticism of the actions of the government of Israel.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
So it's meaningful vote number four, this time on a worse deal but hoping MPs are bored enough to just vote the loving thing through already. And potentially a smidgeon of no deal is better than a bad deal :byodame: if it doesn't pass.

Luckily tesco has knocked a fiver off a bottle of Buffalo Trace, taking it back to the pre-Trump trade war price of £18. Two of those should be enough to get me through Saturday.

(Yes, the EU tariff on bourbon is pretty much the only Trump related issue that has had a noticeable direct impact on me. Roll on leaving the perfidious euros so we can have a free trade agreement and replace all that horrible 'scotch' with proper booze.)

[Actually, last year I picked up a bottle in Spain for loving €13 screw British alcohol duty.]

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
jess phillips agrees to vote for boris’ deal as long as he will rename it the jess phillips deal

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i prefer bulleit to buffalo trace but the latter is fine. i'm sad, my local mini asda tried and failed to develop a burbon section and as such there were a bunch that got slashed down in price. i consulted a Kentuckian friend of mine and on his advice bought their entire supply (6 bottles at £10 a pop) of old forester. i've been drinking it for months and am finally down to my last bottle :(

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

bump_fn posted:

jess phillips agrees to vote for boris’ deal as long as he will rename it the jess phillips deal

Jess' Real Deal

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Every bourbon I have tried so far has a strong vanilla extract taste, is that by design?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bump_fn posted:

I've checked her twitter. Because thats how things are done now.

All shes got to say is that someone else said she should be in charge and she absolutely agrees. Also an older pinned post about buying her book. How did she get her profile exactly?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I've checked her twitter. Because thats how things are done now.

All shes got to say is that someone else said she should be in charge and she absolutely agrees. Also an older pinned post about buying her book. How did she get her profile exactly?

You just answered your own question - her greatest talent is self-promotion.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just released video from the Corbmeister in Brussels today.
It's on Facebook but I think you can watch without an account.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2524605720938296

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Why is Corbyn in Brussels?

Something doesn't seem right about this.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

the inspiration for the tesco meal deal

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/DHolden61/status/1184581472923082753

https://twitter.com/moiness/status/1184817566813970432

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

I'm late replying but :lol: at that precise 2 pixel gap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/RaynerSkyNews/status/1184933943906312192
If this is true, it's an absolutely catastrophic mistake.

If Johnson gets his deal though and the Lib Dems are able to blame Brexit on Labour MPs who escape any form of sanction, the election will be a bloodbath.