Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yo do I play Control in dx11 or dx12? I got a i7 and 1060.

I'm excited after hearing people rave over the sound design. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There's a DX12 now?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Housh posted:

Yo do I play Control in dx11 or dx12? I got a i7 and 1060.

I'm excited after hearing people rave over the sound design. :D

If you're not using RTX effects then it runs better in DX11.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

If you're not using RTX effects then it runs better in DX11.
Yeah. RTX isn't on at this residence yet. I want max fpsssssssss

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

mutata posted:

Someone recommend me a decent quality USB dance pad.

What kind of floor do you have?

IMO the best setup is actually the super cheap thin lovely plastic pads, if you can put it on hardwood floors or tile or something and tape it down. Then you can just jump all over the place and it stays and you can be light on your feet.

That's the only way I could play super fast stepmania songs. The big metal arcade machines don't even recognize the steps unless you really slam your feet down.

The Red Octane pads were always considered the best for if you're stuck on carpet, nice thick padding. I guess they're hard to find on ebay now, guitar hero killed them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GHG0BA seems like a decent modern knockoff of the redoctane style

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There's a DX12 now?

Yeah, its MS's attempt at doing Vulkan style stuff. Allows for developers to get "closer to the metal" and interact with the GPU more directly and potentially more efficiently, but it requires you to design for it so games that just kinda plop it on don't really get much or any advantage from it and some of them (battlefield) potentially run worse.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If Ring Fit Adventure is good enough to be a daily activity I think I'm gonna give up Magic the Gathering, I only have room for maybe like, 2 daily routine games and FF14 already counts as like 1.5, I haven't been playing much of anything else and I realize that most of my MTGA time is spent wallowing in competitive misery. The daily quests and XP system have their hooks in me though

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

That demon is built

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Currently at an unspoiled Dave & Buster's that has brand new Luigi's Mansion, daytona (on criware), tomb raider and some sick soccer arcade cabinets

You kick the soccer balls for passing\shooting

They've even put DDR in it's own blind corner, so people can sweat with no judgement.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
wait a loving minute

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Oh cool, after having Grand Kindgom in my PS4 library for like 2 years I finally get an itch to play it and find out they shut the servers off two weeks ago. As soon as it lost a large part of the gameplay I get an itch to play it, only so I can be disappointed.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What is an unspoiled dave and busters? As opposed to a normal one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Someone reversed my diddy

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oh, so that's what vg was hinting at

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Waltzing Along posted:

What is an unspoiled dave and busters? As opposed to a normal one.

Probably a newer one without food and drink stickiness all over the arcade buttons

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Exactly. No one knows about it, so the buttons still work and the guns are still accurate.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1184920852191686658

Game looks good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Who's ready for Gearbox to run Homeworld into the ground :v:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/10/17/...dls9BCyiM9epeS0

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

wish someone would reverse my diddy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

wait a loving minute

lmao

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’d love for you to diddy my reverse...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J67nkzoJ_2M

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

i'll do it for 500$ plus the cost of equipment rental and permit fees

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

homeless snail posted:

ybbib

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

huh i don't remember that password

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i bought a thing

lord shaxx now holds not only the keys to my heart, but also the keys to my car

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

man whoever made the fondant decoration for your birthday cake has never seen boba fett in their life huh

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Spectrum has now been out for twelve hours. Do we know what caused this? How long do these last?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Spectrum has now been out for twelve hours. Do we know what caused this? How long do these last?

twelve more and i think you get a reboot with a new map

Trogz
Oct 17, 2019

Trogz Dogz

Will we ever get a sequel to Shogo, or is Titanfall 2 just the game a Shogo sequel would have been?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Was Shogo actually good?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just spent 90 minutes chatting about video games with VideoGames for a podcast! It was as fun as you're expecting it was :D

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Just spent 90 minutes chatting about video games with VideoGames for a podcast! It was as fun as you're expecting it was :D

wait y'all are actually friends?? i just assumed your banter was comedic insubordination, time to update the chat thread spreadsheet again...

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Was Shogo actually good?

No not really but it was cool.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Was Shogo actually good?

Noooooope. It had some neat ideas but no its not good at all.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Rarity posted:

Sounds like fun, alright. Which podcast? How many Kirby per hour (KPH)?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Would like to listen to that podcast so I can leave long rambling comments about minor disagreements

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rarity posted:

loving lucky!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Rarity posted:

I want to hear this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Same