Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I forgot that Sekingar was actually a character in the manga before this arc and now I'm re-reading it because I do not remember him being anything other than polite, genuine and generally just eager to help even if he can't blow up monsters like any of the A or S-rank heroes can. People keep mentioning it like they're shocked so now I need to go back through the manga again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

He probably aced the written test but failed on the physical.

AKA opposite of Saitama.

His heart's definitely in the right place. When the arc started he seemed like one of those shady HA employees, but now he's clearly on the Schicchi side of HA morality as opposed to the McCoy side.

I think he mentioned that he tried the hero exam and flunked. The others attending wondered why he thought this was something to brag about.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I feel like the entire saga of Genos failing over and over, and slowly improving and learning, is a lead-in to his finale where he wins against Metal Knight when he realizes he's internalized actual HEROICS from Saitama, and not just raw power and skill improvement. He's being prepared for an actual heroic situation and victory at the conclusion of his arc, instead of pure revenge and likely failure.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
“im just a hero for fun” - Genos

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Still peeved they didn't animate Garou flippin the bird.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

graham cracker posted:

Still peeved they didn't animate

same

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

logikv9 posted:

“im just a hero for fun” - Genos

Yeah I was gonna say. The true final test for Genos will be when he ignores the chance for revenge because it's a special sales day

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I agree but I feel there's a very important thing you people aren't seeing.

He needs to be drawn in ONE style.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
He will be drawn in ONE style when he has his introverted monologue during his 11th hour about the true nature of heroism and everything he has learned from Saitama over the whole comic.

And then he will win a fight in a single punch incinerate.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
He's going to realize the real monsters were the friends he made along the way.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

skaianDestiny posted:

He probably aced the written test but failed on the physical.

AKA opposite of Saitama.

His heart's definitely in the right place. When the arc started he seemed like one of those shady HA employees, but now he's clearly on the Schicchi side of HA morality as opposed to the McCoy side.

Woah Woah Woah saitama almost failed the written exam, he did not actually fail it.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Xander77 posted:

Is there a specific reason why people in this thread always link to the one page at a time version, instead of anything that lets you read the whole chapter at once?

On Mangadex you can set page rendering to Long strip from the reader settings

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Chapter out

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Interesting new Developments

Drive Knight is also an agent of Bofoi, trying to drag out blast because Bofoi see's him as the one obstacle to his goals?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What a fantastic Red-Hot Kick I was not expecting another chapter so soon.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

AtomikKrab posted:

Interesting new Developments

Drive Knight is also an agent of Bofoi, trying to drag out blast because Bofoi see's him as the one obstacle to his goals?

It's rather clear Drive Knight is part of the Organization, who seem to have some sort of beef with Metal Knight.

Drive Knight's story about Metal Knight is also highly suspicious, especially given Bofoi confiding in Child Emperor before the raid.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
gently caress this is so cool

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Metal Knight being the good one(even if he is kinda an rear end in a top hat) and Drive Knight being the real traitor would definitely be more interesting.

Also Drive Knight vs Genos would be cool.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Why not both? They could both be assholes and evil.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah the whole "Welp I can't do anything now! You better call Blast! Go right ahead and call Blast! Use your communicator and call Blast right now" thing is wildly suspicious.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
drat, Murata makes talking so drat EXCITING!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was indeed a great chapter

Drive Knight is kinda playing his hand a bit too heavy haha. Also wow, guess first time we see Blast sorta?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Shindragon posted:

That was indeed a great chapter

Drive Knight is kinda playing his hand a bit too heavy haha. Also wow, guess first time we see Blast sorta?

We saw him before (in the same sort of shot) when Phoenixman was listing the heroes who could fight Elder Centipede.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

yeah Drive Knight is not the best actor

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
How dare all of you doubt Drive Knight, the Knight Who Drives. He is the ultimate form of the Kamen Rider, the pinnacle that Mumen Rider seeks to obtain. His hero quality is maximum.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

What's this dude, some kinda... knight rider?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah the whole "Welp I can't do anything now! You better call Blast! Go right ahead and call Blast! Use your communicator and call Blast right now" thing is wildly suspicious.
"I've been spying on the monsters and have a ton of information on them, but somehow I'm completely wrong about what they're doing with the Metal Knight robot"

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Zereth posted:

"I've been spying on the monsters and have a ton of information on them, but somehow I'm completely wrong about what they're doing with the Metal Knight robot"

"I spied on the organization for you, but provided none of the information I gained. Looks like we're just wrapping up here, let me tell you again about how I got all this vital info I kept to myself."

ChronoReverse posted:

Why not both? They could both be assholes and evil.

This would be the best outcome.

In a surprise twist, the traitor is Tank Top Master.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
great chapter.

what's the deal with Drive Knight and Metal Knight. Their names are way too similar, is it an english translation thing? Metarunaito vs Kudō Kishi. Can anyone give a transliteration?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kishi means knight.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

"Hey, I know your hand got blown off but you sure you don't have some way to contact Blast? Getting real hard to move here"

I have to give Sekingar credit for being willing to stare down a monster at all.

Gologle posted:

How dare all of you doubt Drive Knight, the Knight Who Drives. He is the ultimate form of the Kamen Rider, the pinnacle that Mumen Rider seeks to obtain. His hero quality is maximum.
He has 0 Rider Kicks so take that nonsense somewhere else. Genos is closer to being a rider than Drive Knight what with being a permanently augmented cyborg.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sekingar could've rocked in C-Class, he's handling losing his arm super admirably.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I'm not sure if Drive Knight is evil or playing another gambit move aiming for the greater outcome against the Monster Association. Or maybe he's just obsessed with gathering data and couldn't miss this chance of pushing the Hero's Association on bringing Blast out? Whatever it is, in this chapter we learned that he's one shifty rear end in a top hat and I love it.

Suspicious Lump posted:

great chapter.

what's the deal with Drive Knight and Metal Knight. Their names are way too similar, is it an english translation thing? Metarunaito vs Kudō Kishi. Can anyone give a transliteration?

They're names in the same theme, modern english loanword vs old-timey japanese word. It's hard to adapt these details but still imo they should've changed one of the names a bit (like call Metal Chevalier or something)

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Kishi means knight.

Kishi is also how professional shogi players are called (different kanji though). I thought that was a pretty neat bit regarding Drive Knight's shogi moves and all! :spergin:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

RareAcumen posted:

Sekingar could've rocked in C-Class, he's handling losing his arm super admirably.

He's definitely got the heroic spirit and attitude down pat, but I'm pretty sure the reason he failed is because he's too weak physically. Remember even C-class heroes are superhumans.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Here's his chance to up his cyborg percentage!

If Jet Nice Guy can do it, I don't see why he couldn't, too.

It would almost certainly mean taking a step down in the Hero Association at this point, though, from an Executive to a C/B-ranker...

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
You could say Sekingar has only a flesh wound.

So why does Drive knight want Watchdog man out of Q city. He was laying it on pretty thick on how unprotected the HQ is.

Watchdog man is Blast. You can't tell because he's always drawn simplified and wears a dogsuit to hide his spiky hair.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Darth TNT posted:

Watchdog man is Blast. You can't tell because he's always drawn simplified and wears a dogsuit to hide his spiky hair.

Best theory I've heard so far

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

He's definitely got the heroic spirit and attitude down pat, but I'm pretty sure the reason he failed is because he's too weak physically. Remember even C-class heroes are superhumans.

To be fair, he still seems on par with the C-class guy whose only power was a poisoned knife, who is also dead last in the rankings, so really without that gimmick that guy wouldn't be a hero either.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Genos is really leaning into the "Demon Cyborg" motif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

skaianDestiny posted:

Sekingar was able to carry like, 5 unconscious people to safety all at once, he seems pretty tough