Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

Oh, God. That's why they've been running this ancient Kurds v Turks feud narrative. They want to paint Trump as a master middle east peace broker. I'm gonna be sick

The SDF has already rejected the "ceasefire", so the actual play is for no violence to actually stop, then Donnie Brainstem paints the Kurds as Russian-puppeteered warmongers that didn't take his fantastic, beautiful deal for civilization. Give it a day or two, the story will change.

Never really understood 1984 until the Trump era. The mindbending poo poo needed to appease Dear Leader seems absolutely exhausting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Because the Kurds are not evacuating fast enough, they will start shooting again in about 12 hours.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

facialimpediment posted:

Crimes? Oh, you mean CRIMES?! YEAH I LOVE THOSE I WAS TOTALLY INVOLVED IT WAS ME ALL ALONG AUSTIN

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1184878549301374980?s=19

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1184877622863499265?s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apM0d3M-sps

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So it looks like there has been some fallout from the Mulvaney WE DID IT ALL briefing - Mulvaney tried to spin this all as backing up DOJ (the Crowdstrike bullshit), but DOJ has been giving statements on background of "what the gently caress we didn't do anything with this poo poo!" Additionally, Trump's lawyers chucked Mulvaney under the bus, saying that the lawyers had absolutely nothing to do with Mulvaney's statements.

Meanwhile, Trump is basically parrotting Turkey's Kurds-are-terrorists language: "they had to have it [the border] cleaned out", while approving a poo poo half-assed not-really-a-ceasefire while yammering on about it being good for civilization so now we're a happy civilization.

I think Donnie has a rare type of brain worm that causes everyone in his general orbit to get the worms too.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

I think Donnie has a rare type of brain worm that causes everyone in his general orbit to get the worms too.

Wouldn't that make it a fungus?

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
donnie’s brainworm can cast enthrall

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's amazing how someone can take being 100% bitch-made loser that got rolled into gave up every single last thing in negotiations and spin it to gullible rubes that they're some kind of manly man's man alpha jock leader. Erdogan is literally throwing his letters in the trash because he rightly understands how completely spineless and brainless Donnie Dumbfuck is.

.....and it means absolutely nothing to his supporters because state run propaganda on the home front just keeps them all convinced that there are five lights and we've always been at war with Eurasia.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I had to pick up a house for my car and the dude at the register tried to pass of the Kurds as terrorists and I ended actually reprimanding an old lying man at his job.

I'm absolutely sick that anyone is accepting this, let alone allowing it to happen.

I said "you know those Kurds helped us for decades to fight ISIS."

"Yeah well they're just attacking the bad Kurds. There's bad Kurds y'know."

I said, there's bad Americans. Do we judge people by their worst? Is that what you want people to judge you by?

He seemed shocked and actually said no, which surprised me.

But then he just went right back to defending a genocide, and I had to leave.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1037464177269514240

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

mcraven wrote an op-ed in the nytimes

quote:

As I stood on the parade field at Fort Bragg, one retired four-star general, grabbed my arm, shook me and shouted, “I don’t like the Democrats, but Trump is destroying the Republic!”

The spiral of our slow motion constitutional crisis is tightening

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The white house and doj are apparently both pissed at ol' Mick because he spilled all the beans. There was no prep before the presser with the legal team. I think the chief of staff might get the axe soon.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The white house and doj are apparently both pissed at ol' Mick because he spilled all the beans. There was no prep before the presser with the legal team. I think the chief of staff might get the axe soon.

ah yes the :happyelf: method of getting fired, if you're going out take everyone with you

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Smiling Jack posted:

lol...

"I'M USUALLY A DEATH CULTIST BUT THIS TIME HES GONE TOO FAR" ~ Some four star

edit:Did Mulvaney post mycrimes.txt all over the news? Is that what I'm hearing?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Defenestrategy posted:

lol...

i never thought the empire would colonize my face

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Some dumbfuck ringknocker with a great deal of contempt for civil society is scared of Donnie.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Defenestrategy posted:

lol...

edit:Did Mulvaney post mycrimes.txt all over the news? Is that what I'm hearing?

He came right out and admitted everything. When a reporter pointed out to him that his statement was specifically a quid quo pro, he confirmed it was and told the press to "get over it."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

IT'S OK WHEN WE DO IT BENGHAZI!!!1

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Defenestrategy posted:

Enjoy!

https://twitter.com/thefix/status/1184892037482602496?s=19

https://twitter.com/shearm/status/1184927741973540864?s=19

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
"When the president does it, it's not illegal."

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wasabi the J posted:

I had to pick up a house for my car....

A car hole?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Is it bad that a tape of Donnie admitting his love of sexual assault looks rather quaint compared to the last couple weeks of crisises?

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
straight from the horse’s rear end:
https://youtu.be/Nf_wfaJPrP4

my favorite part is the camera shutters

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Everyone is pissed at Mulvaney except Trump himself, who was very pleased with his performance. Also Sondland completely painted Rudy as the guilty party today in congressional hearings. They asked him questions based on poo poo Mulvaney was saying live.

Trump, in public statements, said he's solved a major peace peace problem that's been going on many, five, 10, and 15 years and flat out used the word cleansing when referring to the removal of the kurds.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The administration acting like "every one does this criminal thing actually, get over it #MAGA" was always 100% going to be one of the next steps.

Typically the Dems next steps would be some "this is concerning" type of noise with no meaningful action and then the press is onto another outrage by Monday.

I'll be (pleasantly) surprised when things actually matter as I think right now this was just on the list of definite occurrences.

I hope house Dems understand that unless they start getting as drastic as possible swiftly then there's no need for a Congress at all next year.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
like a good 40% of this country on a good day refuses to admit they were wrong about something right in front of them, let alone about Trump. Those 40% almost control like 52 Senate seats.

We're not pulling out of this unless Democrats can somehow get people to vote in numbers never before imagined.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Rick Perry expected to turn his resignation in any minute

quote:

Two sources confirm to pool reporters that Energy Secretary Rick Perry notified President Trump today that he plans to resign from his post.

Earlier today, Deputy White House press secretary Hogan Gidley would not dispute reports that Perry was stepping down.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Smiling Jack posted:

It really is a constitutional crisis. And Trump has done more damage to our country than any other president besides GWB. We are hosed if he gets another 4 years.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Proud Christian Mom posted:

like a good 40% of this country on a good day refuses to admit they were wrong about something right in front of them, let alone about Trump. Those 40% almost control like 52 Senate seats.

We're not pulling out of this unless Democrats can somehow get people to vote in numbers never before imagined.

Too bad they're being disenrolled from voter registration after the registration deadlines and other fuckery all over the country

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
So what's the actual situation on the ground re Syria/Turkey right now?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Reading about Trump calling for an unconditional surrender by the Kurds and gloating about it on Twitter was a really weird part of my day.

I genuinely did not expect the administration to respond by loving them even harder.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

at least post the whole thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Too late you gently caress, the bus doesn't go in reverse. Once you taste the tires, you can't untaste them. Spitters are quitters.

https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/1184951348757970946?s=19

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1184959054151589888?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 17, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/AlexThomasDC/status/1184942690355601408

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Turks have been bombing kurds with white phosphorous.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mr. Nice! posted:

cool now i hate the turks even more

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nice to see the bigly cease fire is working.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Nice! posted:

But...they promised they wouldn't do that :aaa:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/17/politics/trump-moodys-analytics-2020-election-model/index.html

Moody's Analytics says 2020 is "Trump's election to lose" because based on historical turnouts for non-incumbent parties since they've started measuring voter turnouts, Trump is on track to win because the economy hasn't taken a poo poo during his term, and by and large the only way to get the average idiot voter to flip is to punch them in the pocket book.

The article finishes up by saying that "Rock-solid assumptions that Trump cannot win in 2020 are a mistake."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
It's Istanbul with white phosphor-ople