Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

6 years is pretty ancient for pc standards. How much were SSDs back then, like $700 for 1 TB.

2019 is actually a really good time to build a pc. Prices are really good, especially compared to last year when ram and video cards were going for double msrp.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Oct 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

frogge posted:

Found in the wild:
"The audible version of a book series I read doesn't have books 4-6 available in my country. What can I do?"

Just get a print version and read that.

Maybe they are severely dyslexic or only have spare time during their commute but the train/bus is too packed to read.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

6 years is pretty ancient for pc standards. How much were SSDs back then, like $700 for 1 TB.

2019 is actually a really good time to build a pc. Prices are really good, especially compared to last year when ram and video cards were going for double msrp.

I know my computer's old and all, but my backlog is so deep and wide that it hasn't really bothered me too much, and on the odd occasion a game has come up that I thought might be worth making a partial upgrade for - well, yeah, as you say, RAM and video cards were like insanely expensive (am I wrong about this being a bitcoin thing?) and I was like, nah, I have a million unplayed games already. I'm glad to hear that that trend is (?) broken, now.

Control seems super cool and super good but from all reports it's a resource hog under the best circumstances, so I'll avoid spoilers and play PS3 games for the next five or six years. :shobon::coffee:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I've been developing more and more allergies, and cross reactions to already existing allergies over the past couple of years. It sucks, because it seems to be taking out several of my favorite foods. My son went to an apple orchard on a field trip today, and I washed all the apples, then settled in for one after he went to bed. Surprise, OAS. My tongue feels like it's trying to shed an entire layer of skin at once.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I feel like I'm getting more ingrown hairs on my scalp than I used to. I don't know if it's an aging thing (I'm 32), a breakout, or something else. I used to have long hair, but I had it all cut off in 2015 and have had short hair since.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Maybe they are severely dyslexic or only have spare time during their commute but the train/bus is too packed to read.

On one hand you're right- I hadn't considered if there was an abled/disabled aspect to it, and on the other- it's not like there aren't simple solutions like say those offered thanks to a proliferation of screen readers out there.
If a bus/train is too packed to read, then no one's reading anyways because they're all elbowing and eyeing each other with disgust until it's time to shuffle out when their stop comes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's a sale on Warhammer games on Steam. I'm thinking about getting Total War: Warhammer II since the reviews look really good. The problem is that there seems to be over $40 of DLC so it makes me question if the base game is any good or even finished when it only costs $20.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The base game has the other factions as AI, you just cant play as them. Honestly you shouldnt buy the DLC until you've played some of the easier factions anyway, I started out as dwarves and even with two experienced players helping me, its complicated as poo poo

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

I don't have control of the temperature in my apartment and the management decided to turn the heat up to maximum, so it's 90 degrees in here and I had to turn the window AC on, also to maximum.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Like clockwork (once a month, no more or less), me or my partner discover one (no more, no less) big-rear end bug (species name: Insectus Whatthehellisthat) crawling in our apartment, forcing one of us to somehow get the thing and throw it and the paper towel into the garbage with an apology for not getting rid of it painlessly bravely rescue the poor thing?

It's not like we're messy people or anything; it'd be easy to explain it that way. But we're both rather insistent about not leaving organic messes around (no open food, dishes immediately in the dish washer, etc), so it's a goddamned annoying mystery. We find one, we get rid of it, and we're bug-free for another month or so, until another little one decides to appear out of thin air. That, or we proved whats-his-name right accidentally, and our pile of boxes from shipping can transform into life.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm going to assume it's a silverfish (what we call the big-rear end WhatTheFucks down here in Texas) and tell you it's they're probably getting in from outside somehow. I'm currently having the same problem in my bedroom, but it's crickets. Once every two weeks, like clockwork, another hopping little bastard. Where the gently caress are they coming from?!

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I went to eat a slice of pizza and the fennel seeds in the sausage just completely turned my stomach. loving garbage rear end seed to put in a sausage

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My friend didn't want to get takoyaki yesterday because it was far away and he was lazy, so we went to his basic neighborhood Vietnamese place where I burnt my tongue on their too hot (and pretty bad) soup. If I'm gonna burn my tongue, I want to burn it on takoyaki.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress Nvidia and their lovely loving software. At least give me an error message that makes sense instead of insisting I appear to be offline.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Outer World's comes out on Friday and I have a week off of work starting then.

Once again I'm gonna buy a brand new game and then go back to Dark Souls as always.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What a coincedence that the Fallout games are on sale

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Inzombiac posted:

The Outer World's comes out on Friday and I have a week off of work starting then.

Once again I'm gonna buy a brand new game and then go back to Dark Souls as always.
If you're getting it for PC/Xbox, you can just get it on the Xbox Game Pass for a few dollars a month. Much cheaper.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I have Google Fi for my cellular service. And lately the coverage has been so lovely I am ready to switch. gently caress, starting this week, and Google Fi insists it is normal, I cannot be calling someone AND have nonWifi Internet in use. Since when? Why?

Why the gently caress am I paying per GB instead of unlimited for such poo poo loving service? I did at least get the tech to tell me to be professional when I called, after I told him not being able to be on the phone and still scroll Facebook was loving bullshit.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I had to wait until 10:30 for this place to open so I could get autumn kale salad for breakfast, then the salad gave me heartburn. :smith:

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Cowslips Warren posted:

I have Google Fi for my cellular service. And lately the coverage has been so lovely I am ready to switch.
Try switching manually with signal spy / dialer codes.. at least figure out what networks are dogshit at your frequent locations before you switch with it.

I just downloaded it because I'll be in a building at work that TMobile doesn't work in at all, but I know US Cellular does. It's a shame it never seems to learn that though.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Stupid internet has been down for over a day now.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
my dispensary isn't getting its delivery until 4:30 so i wasn't able to get my morning high

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I got a new job. I figured they'd be able to keep me busy but I get things done so quickly it's already kind of boring. I have new tasks in the pipeline but I have to stretch it to 40 hours a week and my salary, though pretty good, doesn't match my productivity by any stretch.

This, here, is the ultimate first world problem.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Catch up on some audiobooks or get a kindle

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I looked at the forecast and dressed appropriately for a 20C high and full sun, but didn't see the part about a cold front moving in this afternoon and now it's suddenly 6C and raining and I'm in my sandals and a short skirt. Temperature dropped happened in less than 30 minutes.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

Catch up on some audiobooks or get a kindle

I entered this profession specifically because I like keeping busy. We'll see if I can move to a place before long with more stuff to do or if this place will dump more work on me but yeah...I started listening to pod casts and have been only partly paying attention while listening to other random crap.

First podcast I'll be listening to all of is Ms. Pat's because...well, because she's Ms. Pat.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I got a new job. I figured they'd be able to keep me busy but I get things done so quickly it's already kind of boring. I have new tasks in the pipeline but I have to stretch it to 40 hours a week and my salary, though pretty good, doesn't match my productivity by any stretch.

This, here, is the ultimate first world problem.

Welcome to the club!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I thought people were exaggerating but Cuphead is really loving hard. I almost threw my controller across the room and I haven't felt like doing that since Contra 4 on DS.

e: There's another huge loving fire in California and it's going to be a smokey mess here again. It's an annual occurence now and those n95 masks will be sold out everywhere. gently caress PG&E too.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 14:10 on Oct 26, 2019

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So many businesses are closed on Sunday. Why are so many vet offices closed on the loving weekends?

I swear if I had a billion dollars I would open a 24/7 car repair shop and a vet. Both would have shuttles to take you to work or home within 10 miles of the place. And you wouldnt get charged extra for coming in at midnight or 6am or on a Sunday.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've itched a small wound on the top of my head. No big thing, guess I scratched a bit too hard; it's scabbing over.

But it itches, and I've accidentally scratched off the scab, like, twice. Something about realizing there's a thing on my scalp tells my fingers to Scratch It Off. Gah.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MisterBibs posted:

I've itched a small wound on the top of my head. No big thing, guess I scratched a bit too hard; it's scabbing over.

But it itches, and I've accidentally scratched off the scab, like, twice. Something about realizing there's a thing on my scalp tells my fingers to Scratch It Off. Gah.

:eng101: this is probably an instinctive defense mechanism to get rid of venomous critters in your hair.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

chrome changed how tabs worked and it's really annoying

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I can’t find my grapefruit spoon so I have resorted to using a teaspoon and a small knife.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

had to fix this first thing this morning:

- Go to chrome://flags

- Set "Tab Hover Cards" to "Disabled"

- Restart Chrome

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Away all Goats posted:

Pastry of the Year posted:

had to fix this first thing this morning:

- Go to chrome://flags

- Set "Tab Hover Cards" to "Disabled"

- Restart Chrome

When Chrome rolled out this update, literally everyone I know, including myself, immediately tried to figure out how to disable it. Swing and a miss, Google.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Termite treatment and warranty for one year is $1100.
For five years is $1500.

I tried taking care of the fuckers myself and it's a lost cause. I am looking at four tubes right now after I drilled and foamed three yesterday.

My mouse sometimes goes from the arrow to some odd circle thing and scrolls me wildly up or down the page and I have no idea why.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The right click on my mouse button doesnt stay held down consistently anymore regardless of how I click it, and I want to play Dead by Daylight where most killer powers are used by holding right click. I can still play as The Pig but when I try to put a reverse bear trap on someone, she either puts it on normally or just kinda raves out while holding the trap above her head because the game thinks I'm repeatedly right clicking a dozen times per second.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Cowslips Warren posted:

My mouse sometimes goes from the arrow to some odd circle thing and scrolls me wildly up or down the page and I have no idea why.
You're middle clicking part of the page that isn't a link.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Flipperwaldt posted:

You're middle clicking part of the page that isn't a link.

Goddamnit it why didn't I see that.

Any advice for the termite issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The new FFXIV patch released this morning and I overslept so now I have to wait until after work tonight to play it!