Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tarezax posted:

Most likely the few people remaining, if any, eked out their lives relying on sources of geothermal activity for warmth, light, and food

pretty sure by that point the only people remaining were ~four kung fu supermonks subsisting entirely on breathing exercise bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

it's that one shitpost from when Obama got elected about all the Muslims movie ng to the Moon while everyone left in earth becomes immortal and the atmosphere disappears

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Raposa posted:

Let's be honest, the few people remaining on Rayuba after the sun was snuffed out eked out a living on martial arts breathing bullshit.

Yeah, Rayuba was a stripped, lifeless husk. Every blade of grass and stalk of grain on the planet is there because of the power and wisdom of Solomon David. God-Emperor of the Celestial Empire, Bearer of the Word Diamond, and God of the Seven Part World.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

I wonder if he tracked down any of the descendants of the enslaved people of his home world when he repopulated it or did he just start anew?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

That very much seems like the kind of thing he’s do and he probably didn’t give any of them a choice in the matter, either.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Patrick Spens posted:

Solomon David. God-Emperor of the Celestial Empire, Bearer of the Word Diamond, and God of the Seven Part World.

Out of all of the things I love about K6BD, the fact that the titles for the primary antagonists are so grandiose is right up at the top.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Those three titles aren't grandiose at all, they're literal descriptions.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

pseudorandom name posted:

Those three titles aren't grandiose at all, they're literal descriptions.

the literal is grandiose in this instance

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I really wanna find out in what specific way SolDave is broken. Because Mottom was scared and wanted to run away, and Mammon had gone completely senile. I like that all the demiurges seem to have some very human damage or flaw beneath their shells.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

He obviously believes he's infallible and perfect in every way.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

nimby posted:

He obviously believes he's infallible and perfect in every way.

I wonder if he'll be so laser focused on breaking Allison that he completely disregards Gog. It would be interesting if he underestimates her and ends up being killed. Diamonds can still be swallowed after all.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
Solomon is the anti-Aesma. He lacks Want.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Glagha posted:

I really wanna find out in what specific way SolDave is broken. Because Mottom was scared and wanted to run away, and Mammon had gone completely senile. I like that all the demiurges seem to have some very human damage or flaw beneath their shells.

We already know the genocide of his people and his family is what broke him. Everything he has done, including the persona he developed, has been a reaction to his grief. While building a multiversal Empire is an impressive feat, it's probably a rather poor coping strategy.

That is why royalty eludes him.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Like, he's a control freak on a cosmic scale. That is what his trauma has made him into. The way he will be destroyed is that his lack of control will be irrefutably shown to him. His blood will be drawn.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

They're loosely based on the seven deadly sins - his is pride, of course.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The Mottom and Mammon arcs had similar structures and this one seems like it could go that route, but one difference is that both Mottom and Mammon were already consciously self-loathing wrecks. SolDav is weary of his role and he thinks he's ready to pass the torch to the worthy, but outside of that his self-image seems rock-solid. So it will probably take more than Allison drawing first blood for him to have his arrogance shattered.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

a computing pun posted:

Solomon is the anti-Aesma. He lacks Want.
As Incubus said, he hasn't won yet.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Mr. Lobe posted:

Like, he's a control freak on a cosmic scale. That is what his trauma has made him into. The way he will be destroyed is that his lack of control will be irrefutably shown to him. His blood will be drawn.

Yeah, his whole deal is that he had no power to save his people and then when he got power, he was prevented from using it by a much of dickhead monks, but now he's got the power and now he's the one calling the shots, so absolutely nobody is allowed to go against his wishes.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Diamonds are hard, but brittle. It's hard to scratch one, but if hit hard enough, it'll shatter.

There isn't going to be a minor failure here like losing one drop of blood. Solomon's facade is going to be perfect, until it completely collapses.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Roland Jones posted:

Diamonds are hard, but brittle. It's hard to scratch one, but if hit hard enough, it'll shatter.

There isn't going to be a minor failure here like losing one drop of blood. Solomon's facade is going to be perfect, until it completely collapses.

I mean, I expect him to have a mental breakdown if even he gets a scratch. Like, a really embarrassing one. Mythically embarrassing. There will literally be myths about Solomon David getting dunked on.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Getting a scratch is literally what he wants to happen. He's just doing everything in his power to make sure whoever does it "earns" it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Getting a scratch is literally what he wants to happen. He's just doing everything in his power to make sure whoever does it "earns" it.

Allison will kick him in the junk. He will react poorly.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The funniest response is going to be if Allison doesn't even bother fighting him, doesn't scratch him, doesn't face him, just grabs Zaid and peaces the gently caress out and maybe blows up a sun on her way through the door, and this total rejection of the premise Soldave set up causes him to lose his loving mind.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Nah, that's the exact opposite of what he wants to happen. He's been deceiving himself all this time and is too scared to ever give up absolute control of his empire.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Diamond is not crash.

loving philistines

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Mr. Lobe posted:

I mean, I expect him to have a mental breakdown if even he gets a scratch. Like, a really embarrassing one. Mythically embarrassing. There will literally be myths about Solomon David getting dunked on.

It would be hilarious if the powerup Allison is building currently doesn't explode off of say one of Layla's gun barrels and go ricocheting into Swoloman, and cut him next panel.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The funniest response is going to be if Allison doesn't even bother fighting him, doesn't scratch him, doesn't face him, just grabs Zaid and peaces the gently caress out and maybe blows up a sun on her way through the door, and this total rejection of the premise Soldave set up causes him to lose his loving mind.

GOd given how the last concordance went down, IMAGINE if Soloman joins in the big hissy fit being tossed by Motom and Mammon. Like three powerful pissy babies all wailing, with my good pal Gog cheering in the background

*tents fingers Incubusly*

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Either Allison cuts him in a funny way and he loses it, or he loses it because Allison makes it to the end and doesn’t bother showing up because a normal* woman and a red demon managed to rescue Zaid on their own.

*martially, anyway

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Darth Walrus posted:

Allison will kick him in the junk. He will react poorly.

Allison will distract him for half a second allowing a particularly ill-suited rando to accidentally prick him.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Allison's gonna call him Salami Dave to his face on live TV and he's gonna be like:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

this guy gets it, this is what i'm all about

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

No, the funniest option is Allison scratching Solomon David and then peacing out because who'd want to run an empire?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Maybe he'll be all ready to hand her the empire over but get a glimpse of what a colossal trainwreck she is and experience the existential crisis that his ideal successor is not a worthy philosopher-king but just high on Furious Dumbassery.

Or Gog-Agog is gonna start eating his empire and he's gonna lose it that there's nothing left to give.

YaketySass fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 18, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Much like David and Solomon.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

So I just found out that KSBD is originally based on a forums game on the now defunct MS Paint Adventures Forums site. Unfortunately, most of the original seems to have been sucked into the void excepting a few pages you can find links to here: https://www.reddit.com/r/killsixbilliondemons/comments/5t9pbo/does_anyone_have_a_link_to_an_archive_of_the/ . Has anyone else got a link to the rest of this old game? I'm curious to see the early adventures of proto-Allison!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

pseudorandom name posted:

No, the funniest option is Allison scratching Solomon David and then peacing out because who'd want to run an empire?

Technically whoever does it gets "whatever he so wishes". Solomon just seems to assume that means they'll want his kingdom, I guess.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

jng2058 posted:

So I just found out that KSBD is originally based on a forums game on the now defunct MS Paint Adventures Forums site. Unfortunately, most of the original seems to have been sucked into the void excepting a few pages you can find links to here: https://www.reddit.com/r/killsixbilliondemons/comments/5t9pbo/does_anyone_have_a_link_to_an_archive_of_the/ . Has anyone else got a link to the rest of this old game? I'm curious to see the early adventures of proto-Allison!

I read it back in the day. It was very similar conceptually with what we ended up with, but it was maybe low key hornier? It also had Nietzsche in the Conquering King role.

I do have an image that seems to be missing from that link:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

UN-Sivran was a pretty cool image in the original version, we haven’t seen so much of the Bloody-Handed One in the comic.

Also I would prefer Solomon David to have a more interesting breakdown than just ‘gets scratched like he wanted but is a dick about it’ - the idea that Allison just rejects his premise but his aura of absolute power has been broken seems like a good one, and one that could lead to widespread revolt.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah I don't buy that he'll have a mental breakdown when he gets a scratch, but I also don't expect this to go the way anyone is planning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

I read it back in the day. It was very similar conceptually with what we ended up with, but it was maybe low key hornier? It also had Nietzsche in the Conquering King role.

I do have an image that seems to be missing from that link:

Wow, Steven Universe is looking way more metal than I remember when I stopped watching it.