Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

orange juche posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/17/politics/trump-moodys-analytics-2020-election-model/index.html

Moody's Analytics says 2020 is "Trump's election to lose" because based on historical turnouts for non-incumbent parties since they've started measuring voter turnouts, Trump is on track to win because the economy hasn't taken a poo poo during his term, and by and large the only way to get the average idiot voter to flip is to punch them in the pocket book.

The article finishes up by saying that "Rock-solid assumptions that Trump cannot win in 2020 are a mistake."

Moody also said mortgage backed security were super strong, no danger of collapse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Woodchip posted:

It's Istanbul with white phosphor-ople

lol

FrozenVent posted:

Moody also said mortgage backed security were super strong, no danger of collapse.

And that Hillary would win.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
except the incumbent does have a huge advantage and the GOP has not slowed down on its voter disenfranchisement.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

They're not wrong that the only way to get the average herd mentality voter to change their vote is to punch them in the wallet though. The appropriate strategy to handle the idiots who won't change their opinions for anything else is to vote around them, get the people who don't vote to vote, because voter turnout is stupidly low across the entire US.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

FrozenVent posted:

Pay me what they were getting paid and I’ll say anything.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

They're not wrong but Trump is sort of a wild card, he could win by a ton or lose by a ton or aliens could come down and publicly scold us. There's no telling what's going to happen.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

sharknado slashfic posted:

They're not wrong but Trump is sort of a wild card, he could win by a ton or lose by a ton or aliens could come down and publicly scold us. There's no telling what's going to happen.

I don’t know about aliens scolding us but trump is definitely gonna scold some aliens if he loses

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

except the incumbent does have a huge advantage and the GOP has not slowed down on its voter disenfranchisement.

And continuing the "there's clearly no way he can win" mantra is a great way to get lukewarm voters and purity fuckwits to stay home or throw away their vote in a general election.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

joat mon posted:

And continuing the "there's clearly no way he can win" mantra is a great way to get lukewarm voters and purity fuckwits to stay home or throw away their vote in a general election.

guess they better nominate a candidate that will appeal to the 'purity fuckwits' instead of moderate Republicans!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

joat mon posted:

i'll be voting for vermin supreme, op

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

guess they better nominate a candidate that will appeal to the 'purity fuckwits' instead of moderate Republicans!

how dare you imply that decades of dems complacently taking their voters for granted is how we got here, I demand to speak to your manager

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bored As gently caress posted:

It really is a constitutional crisis. And Trump has done more damage to our country than any other president besides GWB. We are hosed if he gets another 4 years.

If he wins reelection this country is finished.

He's going to win

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

God, I hope so. But after that, how's that accelerationism working out for ya?

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

i'll be voting for vermin supreme, op
A Brush in Every Mouth,
A Boot on Every Head!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Keep the gubberment out of my boots!

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Boots on Heads, Not on Necks!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

colachute posted:

I don’t know about aliens scolding us but trump is definitely gonna scold some aliens if he loses

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Been on the fence about posting this one, but the second tweet sold me.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1185003190690955265

https://twitter.com/MarthaRaddatz/status/1185021937812148225

I mean, basically gently caress him for still not speaking out, but that second line, drat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Glad he's using his renown to trade petty insults with a toddler.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

facialimpediment posted:

Been on the fence about posting this one, but the second tweet sold me.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1185003190690955265

https://twitter.com/MarthaRaddatz/status/1185021937812148225

I mean, basically gently caress him for still not speaking out, but that second line, drat.

The last line of that video, too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ahhhhhh. Remember when Donnie told all his idiot fans that he got MAD DOG to be SecDef and they all cheered? Now they all hate him for upsetting baby.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fister Roboto posted:

Glad he's using his renown to trade petty insults with a toddler.

Meh he's retired. Better him than an active politician that matters.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Ahhhhhh. Remember when Donnie told all his idiot fans that he got MAD DOG to be SecDef and they all cheered? Now they all hate him for upsetting baby.

It was seriously impressive how quickly the SAINT MATTIS photos in my office flew into the trashbin after he resigned.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He'll do it if he wins too

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I've been thinking a lot about Zuck lately.

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1184591043758559233?s=20

So him and every other billionaire with a helicopter shake my apartment daily as they fly over the traffic I sit in. That's cool. Once in a while they might look down and see me since I flip off all of them. But I highgress. I think what we're seeing now from Zuckerberg is the real turn. His little tour of America failed and killed any near-term political aspirations he might have had for the democratic party. The facade is so thin that we can see the amoral robot underneath. Then came the hearings, and the privacy news, and the mountain of bullshit we refused to buy from them. No turning back now. The Zuck full on embraces information control fash mode, buddies up to the conservative shitheel establishment, and is now trying to get a little power to go with all the money he has.

tdlr screw that dude

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Uh so something's happening in Sinaloa:

https://twitter.com/SharkNewsWires/status/1184993529753419778?s=20
https://twitter.com/_pinchechicharo/status/1184972179093372929?s=20
https://twitter.com/corp_main/status/1185018318098522114?s=20
https://twitter.com/BZR924/status/1184988036448374784?s=20

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 18, 2019

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Besides turks using WP, The turkish backed militias are executing civilians on the roadside, running across that on twitter ruined my day so im not going to share the vids here.

What can i do to help the kurds? Besides going to protest and writing to MEPs.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Besides turks using WP, The turkish backed militias are executing civilians on the roadside, running across that on twitter ruined my day so im not going to share the vids here.

What can i do to help the kurds? Besides going to protest and writing to MEPs.

Be the Caro you wish to be.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao never thought i'd see a chevy cruze loaded for bear

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Hey gently caress Mattis anyways

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

ded posted:

Be the Caro you wish to be.

Well besides that lol i think id be a liability.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gently caress it Dude, let's go bowling.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The bums lost!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Trump seems the type who'd run into people in his wheelchair intentionally

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
RV Petrel, Paul Allen's wreck-hunting research ship, has a pretty solid track record. The ships they've found which you've probably heard of include USS Indianapolis, Lexington, Hornet, and Wasp. Throw in a dozen or more other ships you probably haven't heard of. That's all since 2017. In the two years prior to that she did some minor projects like recovering the bell from HMS Hood for the UK government, mapping the seascape around Malta, and oh yeah, discovering IJN Musashi (one of the three Yamato class battleships).

Well, they just found IJN Kaga. She was a carrier that launched on Pearl Harbor, support the capture of the Dutch Indies, and was scuttled after Enterprise's aircraft damaged her beyond saving during the Battle of Midway. Debris had previously been found, but nobody could find the hull. Of course Petrel did.

If you still use facebook, follow their page. That's where they make their announcements, and this was one was posted about 15 minutes ago.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/bridgietherease/status/1185008623308673025

bobbyjoe
Mar 9, 2013
https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1184651785895661574

these people...

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

El Chapo’s son was released so the violence worked.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Godholio just a minor correction, there were only 2 Yamato class BBs.

Shinano was converted into a terrible CV and sunk on her maiden voyage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

colachute posted:

El Chapo’s son was released so the violence worked.

I'm guessing that the federal police saw that the mafia was better outfitted than they were and said "yeah, gently caress this, I like my head and limbs exactly where they are."