Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

HelleSpud posted:

Her show got a revival last year. Almost immediately she called a black woman an ape and got cancelled.

Wasn't that Roseanne Barr?

e: fb and :synpa: to boot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

A League Of Their Own was pretty good.

Can't say Rosie's done anything else worth remembering.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

She managed to be the weakest part of Tarzan despite being cast as the celebrity comic relief in the Robin Williams' Genie mold, then again Eddie Murphy and Danny DeVito both failed to elevate beyond "oh yeah they were in that weren't they?" when you remember Mulan and Hercules, so that might have just been a "no one can do what Robin Williams did" thing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Rosie O’Donnell was great on the Showtime series “SMILF”

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hey Danny Devito was great in Hercules. But yeah I forgot about her and Eddie Murphy in those movies until your post

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Robin Williams did what he did because he had unprecedented (and never repeated) creative control over the Genie. The character was him, with the animation coming from his ad libs in the recording booth. The other stand-up celebrity roles were never given such freedom and consequently are nowhere near as memorable. The movie is a showcase of Williams’ brilliance as a comedian that will survive long past his death.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Robin Williams did what he did because he had unprecedented (and never repeated) creative control over the Genie. The character was him, with the animation coming from his ad libs in the recording booth. The other stand-up celebrity roles were never given such freedom and consequently are nowhere near as memorable. The movie is a showcase of Williams’ brilliance as a comedian that will survive long past his death.

It will live on in this weird Chicago mural. I have no idea if it’s supposed to be a loving tribute or if the Genie is supposed to represent his personal demons

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

chitoryu12 posted:

And then Disney screwed him over by using his name for advertising(which he explicitly said not to) and he refused to come back for Aladdin 2.

EDIT: Oh he did actually come back for Aladdin 3(I didn't even know there was a 3rd film).

RatHat has a new favorite as of 01:33 on Oct 18, 2019

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Admiral Joeslop posted:

...that's Roseanne.

I have to admit, all through the 90s I assumed that Rosie O'Donnell, Roseanne Barr, and Roseanne Arnold were either three separate people or all one person.

Then I found out about Roseanne Roseannadanna and just gave up

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Data Graham posted:

I have to admit, all through the 90s I assumed that Rosie O'Donnell, Roseanne Barr, and Roseanne Arnold were either three separate people or all one person.

Then I found out about Roseanne Roseannadanna and just gave up

Well Roseanne Barr is Roseanne Arnold. Or was, I guess.

Content:

https://twitter.com/abbottaerospace/status/1184892770688864256?s=21

Henchman of Santa has a new favorite as of 01:37 on Oct 18, 2019

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Doc Hawkins posted:

sorry for the derail but could you confirm my understanding of this timeline:

• husband abuses wife
  • husband kills self
  • friend tells people husband abused wife
  • wife screams at friend
Husband abuses wife
Friend outs abuse on tv
Husband later kills himself
Wife screams at friend for putting her and her children in danger.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Joeslop posted:

A League Of Their Own was pretty good.

Can't say Rosie's done anything else worth remembering.

She was in beautiful girls a movie I really liked at the time, but considering the main character is a middle aged dude running away from his fiancé and falling in love with a 12 year old Natalie Portman might not hold up super well.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Rosie O'Donnell isn't really super noteworthy in 2019 but she seems like a decent human.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

It was a screen cap of some kind of r/relationships post about someone asking how to explain to her son that her husband is leaving her for the mother of one of his school friends.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Henchman of Santa posted:

Well Roseanne Barr is Roseanne Arnold. Or was, I guess.

Content:

https://twitter.com/abbottaerospace/status/1184892770688864256?s=21

He would’ve had a tick next to his name.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

...that's Roseanne.
Aw gently caress. Sorry

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

Yep, Rosie O’Donnell is who all those woke millennials look up to.

It boggles my mind how little they know about the people they hate so much. Has anyone other than Donald Trump thought of Rosie O’Donnell since the 90s?

This is the day I learned that people aren't familiar with satirical christian news sites.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

chitoryu12 posted:

Shared on Facebook by a girl who clearly chooses to express her BPD symptoms at everyone quite loudly in between begging for money!

As a person with epilepsy this is hilarious and confusing. How could anyone believe this.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

the demo reel that the director used to sell the studio on Williams as the genie was literally just a segment of one of his comedy routines with animated sketches of the genie performing it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ben Nevis posted:

This is the day I learned that people aren't familiar with satirical christian news sites.

Most people know it's "satire". But it's extremely bad satire.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Sagebrush posted:

the demo reel that the director used to sell the studio on Williams as the genie was literally just a segment of one of his comedy routines with animated sketches of the genie performing it.

where can i find this, where can i watch the genie say "i am not a drat radio!!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RatHat posted:

EDIT: Oh he did actually come back for Aladdin 3(I didn't even know there was a 3rd film).

It's cheap-looking but actually pretty solid. Aladdin meets his dad who is "the King of Thieves" and they try to steal the Hand of Midas from this bitchin' hidden temple that rises out of the ocean on the back of a giant turtle.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Didn't Rosie o' Donalld do/say something mean about Trump during the elections? That's the only reason i can think she would be randomly brought up like that.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

The Shame Boy posted:

Didn't Rosie o' Donalld do/say something mean about Trump during the elections? That's the only reason i can think she would be randomly brought up like that.

She had criticism of him dating back to 2006 through, when she made comments about his honesty and transparency. She mentioned some unflattering details about him that were revealed through her friendship to Trump's ex, Marla Maples. Throughout the years their feud grew, but I think the big deal during the election was the history of the things Trump tweeted about O'donnel. I believe in particular was one nasty tweet in which he compared Mrs. O'donnel to a pig.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

TheMostFrench posted:

As a person with epilepsy this is hilarious and confusing. How could anyone believe this.

They choose to. :smugdog:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Doc Hawkins posted:

where can i find this, where can i watch the genie say "i am not a drat radio!!"

He'd kinda already done this earlier that year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NsV0aucYQA

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Ben Nevis posted:

It's not really satire anymore when 99% of readers are right wingers that agree and share it.

Especially that antifa one is well within the realm of straight faced right with content.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

https://twitter.com/JayCaruso/status/1184825730049466368?s=20

I'm gonna be the bigger headed man and let everyone know how much of a bigger headed man I am.

context:
Sebastian Gorka has a gigantic head.

Remeber when Gorka also complained about his Mario hentai having too much incest.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

PhazonLink posted:

Remeber when Gorka also complained about his Mario hentai having too much incest.

No, and no matter how often it comes up I still will not remember it.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

IncredibleIgloo posted:

She had criticism of him dating back to 2006 through, when she made comments about his honesty and transparency. She mentioned some unflattering details about him that were revealed through her friendship to Trump's ex, Marla Maples. Throughout the years their feud grew, but I think the big deal during the election was the history of the things Trump tweeted about O'donnel. I believe in particular was one nasty tweet in which he compared Mrs. O'donnel to a pig.

Men ARE disadvantaged in society--and this is natural. Sex is just energy investment, and women are more biologically energetic.

1.5 billion years ago, the first sexual organisms evolved. Sex was good because it created more diversity than asexual beings, meaning that the species was better insured against calamity, and could exploit new niches quicker.

The gametes eventually evolved to fit a division of labor model, because this is always more efficient than everyone being a "jack of all trades". Gametes have to do two things: 1) find each other and 2) raise the embryo.

Occasionally some organisms produced smaller gametes, which were inevitably quicker, and some produced larger gametes, which had more energy for the embryo to use. This division of labor was very efficient, thus reproductively fit, and eventually "male" and "female" evolved.

Over time, this strategy simply doubled down. The egg is representative of energy investment, and the sperm energy expenditure. In plants, the females produce seeds, fruits, and sweeter nectar. In fish, the females produce roe. In birds, the females produce the most nutrient-rich eggs on earth, and also parttake in brooding behavior and maternal care. In mammals, the females gestate their babies, produce milk, and maternal care.

The sperm is representative of energy expenditure, and the male's strategy is to do whatever the gently caress is possible to fertilize females. That ranges from outputting trillions of pollen, to sparring with rival bison, to developing more muscle, to accumulating imaginary wealth inside of a JP Morgan computer.

In one lifetime, a woman can have about 50 kids, maximum. A man could potentially have 50,000+, with the record being held by either an Arab sheik or Genghis Khan at only several thousand. The female limit has already been reached, but even the best men only realize a tiny fraction of their reproductive potential.

With such an inequality, there are obvious consequences. Let's say we have a man and a woman, both with a naturally high sex drive. If the man has tons of sex, he will leave a lot of children behind, children that will share his "horny" genes. If the woman has tons of sex, she will have just as many children as a normal woman. Thus, males developed to be hornier.

And because males are hornier, women automatically receive privileges for being women: privileges like not being homeless, having people care about them, not having to get a job, etc.

So yes, men are disadvantaged in society, and that is natural and healthy and good. The only people who complain about it are losers who are denying reality. And yes, women will never reach the top echelons of anything competitive. That is also normal and by design.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was going to say that wasn't as bad as I thought. Then I read the last 2 sentences.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

PhazonLink posted:

a true son of the internet despite needing homer's enormous fingers dialing stick to type <o

e: also, 50 loving kids? I don't think so.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

T-man posted:

Black people are basically the "men" of race.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

T-man posted:

iirc that quiverfull fundie wife was literally told by a actualy science doc that she should stop having kids or else, and she's like well under 25ish kids.

Also how's that family / community doing since they lost their TLC show?

PhazonLink has a new favorite as of 06:00 on Oct 18, 2019

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Black people are basically the "men" of race.

:hmmno:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Men ARE disadvantaged in society--and this is natural. Sex is just energy investment, and women are more biologically energetic.

1.5 billion years ago, the first sexual organisms evolved. Sex was good because it created more diversity than asexual beings, meaning that the species was better insured against calamity, and could exploit new niches quicker.

The gametes eventually evolved to fit a division of labor model, because this is always more efficient than everyone being a "jack of all trades". Gametes have to do two things: 1) find each other and 2) raise the embryo.

Occasionally some organisms produced smaller gametes, which were inevitably quicker, and some produced larger gametes, which had more energy for the embryo to use. This division of labor was very efficient, thus reproductively fit, and eventually "male" and "female" evolved.

Over time, this strategy simply doubled down. The egg is representative of energy investment, and the sperm energy expenditure. In plants, the females produce seeds, fruits, and sweeter nectar. In fish, the females produce roe. In birds, the females produce the most nutrient-rich eggs on earth, and also parttake in brooding behavior and maternal care. In mammals, the females gestate their babies, produce milk, and maternal care.

The sperm is representative of energy expenditure, and the male's strategy is to do whatever the gently caress is possible to fertilize females. That ranges from outputting trillions of pollen, to sparring with rival bison, to developing more muscle, to accumulating imaginary wealth inside of a JP Morgan computer.

In one lifetime, a woman can have about 50 kids, maximum. A man could potentially have 50,000+, with the record being held by either an Arab sheik or Genghis Khan at only several thousand. The female limit has already been reached, but even the best men only realize a tiny fraction of their reproductive potential.

With such an inequality, there are obvious consequences. Let's say we have a man and a woman, both with a naturally high sex drive. If the man has tons of sex, he will leave a lot of children behind, children that will share his "horny" genes. If the woman has tons of sex, she will have just as many children as a normal woman. Thus, males developed to be hornier.

And because males are hornier, women automatically receive privileges for being women: privileges like not being homeless, having people care about them, not having to get a job, etc.

So yes, men are disadvantaged in society, and that is natural and healthy and good. The only people who complain about it are losers who are denying reality. And yes, women will never reach the top echelons of anything competitive. That is also normal and by design.

It's been a long time since I've seen this level of :biotruths:

Why did I start reading this thread again?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

PhazonLink posted:

iirc that quiverfull fundie wife was literally told by a actualy science doc that she should stop having kids or else, and she's like well under 25ish kids.

Also how's that family / community doing since they lost their TLC show?

The Duggars? They still have several shows, they just don't focus on the parents or the oldest son anymore. Also even before they got a TV show they had lots of money, I think they'll be fine.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Re: Rosie O'Donnell chat, Exit To Eden really hosed up 12 year old me and Rosie was the subject of my first sexy dream.

Welp thanks for reading my post.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Grraarrgghh posted:

Re: Rosie O'Donnell chat, Exit To Eden really hosed up 12 year old me and Rosie was the subject of my first sexy dream.

Welp thanks for reading my post.

I had never even heard about that movie but the premise is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ben Nevis posted:

As Eschenique pointed out, virtually every response is "this isn't satire, it's completely accurate!" so I wouldn't give 'em too much credit here. It's going to be shared everywhere and (if the comment chains are any indication) even further tweaked to make sure it's obvious that antifa and nazis are exactly the same, but also antifa are worse.