Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Wikipedia posted:

The game's premise is that J.J. Macfield, the player character, is searching for her friend and love interest Emily after she goes missing on a camping trip. After J.J. is struck by lightning, she cannot die and must inflict grisly wounds on herself in order to solve the game's puzzles. Throughout, players unlock text messages that reveal her backstory and her motivation for her self-harm.[1]

good grief, strong medicine I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hipster_Doofus posted:

good grief, strong medicine I guess

yeahhh

honestly the most painful part for friends (and heck, me too) was actually not the self-harm stuff but the story, which involves a very real-feeling interaction between the main character and her mom, and since I'm listing this as a LGBT+ game you can probably guess what it's about

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Oh absolutely it would be I wasn't trying to imply otherwise.

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Floppy drives should be stylish and fun
First breakups suck. Especially when you’re the one who has to break it off and you still love them. It’s the loving worst.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shame Boy posted:

i really liked The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories but it's... intense... and has made at least one of my trans friends cry (though she loved it anyway), so yeahhhh

e: in case anyone's never heard of it, it's a game that's basically about solving puzzles through self-harm, so maybe steer clear if you're not super comfortable with that :v:

it's good

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Oh absolutely it would be I wasn't trying to imply otherwise.

yeah i didn't mean to say you were, just wanted to point that out in case anyone's thinking about playing it :shobon:

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

oic, no worries

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

2064 Read Only Memories maybe? it’s a few years old and is currently 90% off on steam

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
gone home was enjoyable though it's basically a walking sim.

Kathy rain is a fun point and click that isn't queer but is extremely female focused and feels feminist.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Breakinggeorgia/status/1183106353386180610

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .
Dropping $800 for flights to the girlfriend's family in bumblefuck PA for thanksgiving is real great. Fun events include being referred to as her "roommate" by extended family after five years, and her deep closeted cousin trying to crawl out of his skin after making eye contact. Also being extra careful not to touch her when we leave the house so as to not trigger random chuds. I would pay many more cash dollars to make thanksgiving not a thing because this poo poo is exhausting.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ElHuevoGrande posted:

Dropping $800 for flights to the girlfriend's family in bumblefuck PA for thanksgiving is real great. Fun events include being referred to as her "roommate" by extended family after five years, and her deep closeted cousin trying to crawl out of his skin after making eye contact. Also being extra careful not to touch her when we leave the house so as to not trigger random chuds. I would pay many more cash dollars to make thanksgiving not a thing because this poo poo is exhausting.

my mom finally just gave me permission to be like "lol im a sinful homo deal with it" to the worst of our extended family a while ago after it got too loving annoying and they stopped coming to thanksgiving the next year and nobody misses them :iiam:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How much does it cost to have your facial hair lasered off? Asking for a friend.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

ElHuevoGrande posted:

my partner and i just plain quit going to family holidays, it's not worth the stress. our families aren't even that far away (we're in Chicago and they're in SE Wisconsin) but it's been a lot better just visiting our local friends instead.

iospace posted:

How much does it cost to have your facial hair lasered off? Asking for a friend.

mine is $150 a visit and i'm probably looking at a dozen visits more or less

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

minivanmegafun posted:

my partner and i just plain quit going to family holidays, it's not worth the stress. our families aren't even that far away (we're in Chicago and they're in SE Wisconsin) but it's been a lot better just visiting our local friends instead.

^

a great thing about adulthood is that you don't have to maintain relationships with toxic people, family included
honestly just stop going if it's terrible. what's the worst that will happen? you can do something nice with your partner or friends instead

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

iospace posted:

depends where you are.
for your research, you prolly want Alexandrite or Nd:YAG laser. don't do IPL.
it can be really good to check Groupon for deals, as it can be expensive.
I haven't done groupon (yet anyway), but am thinking about it for other body spots. the face laser work I've got done cost ~$2000 cad in a "buy 4 get 1 free" thing, but they were trans friendly and it was really effective. I only really need some smaller area touchups, and what's left is barely visible

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh yeah that's another important big thing to look out for, quite a few of the laser treatment places won't treat anyone who's not like, a cis woman, and i've heard plenty of horror stories of people making an appointment, coming in and being all "oh we don't treat your kind here" :sigh:

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .

Shame Boy posted:

my mom finally just gave me permission to be like "lol im a sinful homo deal with it" to the worst of our extended family a while ago after it got too loving annoying and they stopped coming to thanksgiving the next year and nobody misses them :iiam:

I like this. "I think the word you're looking for is 'dyke', gramma." *puts on sunglasses, walks away from bigot gramma explosion*

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

iospace posted:

Mine cost about $1700 for ten sessions in Seattle, which seems lower than other people are reporting. It was a package deal thing. The company doesn't post prices on their website, either, so I can't tell if I got some kind of weird price.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SolTerrasa posted:

Mine cost about $1700 for ten sessions in Seattle, which seems lower than other people are reporting. It was a package deal thing. The company doesn't post prices on their website, either, so I can't tell if I got some kind of weird price.

I paid 2500 for 9 sessions in Madison Wisconsin so that's probably gonna be more iospaces range

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

a person commented on my toenails being painted and I didn't die.

great success!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
my SO bought me 6 face laser sessions at a clinic in center city Philly for $512 on Groupon. If I decide to go back eventually (for now I'm continuing to do home tria laser on the remnants) they also said they'd honor their current Groupon prices for the package again. they also offered free wine with each session but I turned that down each time cuz I was always on old percocet from my last surgery to numb things up lol

for anyone who cares, the place is called Metro Laser. it's also a place that the local lgbt resources explicitly note as being trans friendly and that's no lie - even tho I chose to present as a cis dude so that didn't particularly matter.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

fishmech posted:

my SO bought me 6 face laser sessions at a clinic in center city Philly for $512 on Groupon. If I decide to go back eventually (for now I'm continuing to do home tria laser on the remnants) they also said they'd honor their current Groupon prices for the package again. they also offered free wine with each session but I turned that down each time cuz I was always on old percocet from my last surgery to numb things up lol

for anyone who cares, the place is called Metro Laser. it's also a place that the local lgbt resources explicitly note as being trans friendly and that's no lie - even tho I chose to present as a cis dude so that didn't particularly matter.

hey. what are your pronouns now so i stop loving this up in my head?

also my mom and i have been seeing each other again and it has been nice. we have back to back birthdays and for the first time in three years i opted to celebrate mine along with hers

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
she/they

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i should look into laser prices, i'm starting to get real uncomfortable with basically all the hair below my neck

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lain Iwakura posted:

also my mom and i have been seeing each other again and it has been nice. we have back to back birthdays and for the first time in three years i opted to celebrate mine along with hers

that's good to hear, I remember you saying that poo poo with your family was real bad a while ago...

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Lain Iwakura posted:

hurray!

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

https://www.tvn24.pl/tvn24-news-in-english,157,m/polish-lawmakers-vote-for-bill-criminalising-promoting-underage-sex,978112.html, my country wants to ban sex ed, im scared haha

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm truly sorry your country has taken this dark turn lately.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Kurwa mac

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

OldAlias posted:

a great thing about adulthood is that you don't have to maintain relationships with toxic people, family included
honestly just stop going if it's terrible. what's the worst that will happen? you can do something nice with your partner or friends instead

yeah this.

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/979810839749210112

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

I got prescribed estrogen

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gratz

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I want the laser

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i hope miike snow hasnt milkshake ducked cause

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_SlAzsXa7E

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Jonny 290 posted:

i hope miike snow hasnt milkshake ducked cause

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_SlAzsXa7E

why what'd they do?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no im just saying i really like the song and video and hope its still valid

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Jonny 290 posted:

no im just saying i really like the song and video and hope its still valid

OK?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

it's a music video involving a big laser, i think that's all there is to it

Jonny was just a little worried about posting it in the queer thread in case miike snow had done something lovely, but as far as i know he hasn't so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

a “major lazer” if you will