Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Awesome Kong
Sareee
Nueva Generacion Dinamitas
Brian Cage
A-Kid
Nick Aldis
Takuya Nomura
El Hijo del Vikingo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Sonny Kiss
LAX
Jacob Fatu
SCU
Undisputed Era
The Usos
Marty Scurll
El Hijo del Vikingo

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Awesome Kong
LAX
Jacob Fatu
Brian Cage
Undisputed Era
Nick Aldis
Marty Scurll
El Hijo del Vikingo

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Sonny Kiss
LAX
Dominik Dijakovic
Tom Lawlor
Alex Zayne
Nick Aldis
Takuya Nomura
El Hijo del Vikingo

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
Karl Fredericks
LAX
Dominik Dijakovic
Brian Cage
Undisputed Era
Nick Aldis
Marty Scurll
R-Truth

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Sonny Kiss
LAX
Jacob Fatu
SCU
Undisputed Era
Nick Aldis
Marty Scurll
El Hijo del Vikingo

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Sonny Kiss 18
Awesome Kong 14
Karl Fredericks 5

LAX 25
Sareee 7
Hikaru Shida 5

Jacob Fatu 20
Dominik Dijakovic 7
Nueva Generacion Dinamitas 6

SCU 21
Brian Cage 11
Tom Lawlor 5

Undisputed Era 24
A-Kid 9
Alex Zayne 3

Nick Aldis 19
The Usos 15
Shawn Spears 1

Marty Scurll 19
Kenou 8
Takuya Nomura 7

El Hijo del Vikingo 20
R-Truth 12
Suwama 3

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Special formatting request: Please only list the name of the person you are voting for from each match-up. This will be easier for me to count than bolding names from match-ups. I can work around this if necessary, but if you can vote by just listing the name of your choice, that would be great.

You can abstain from votes. You are not required to list that vote as ‘abstain,’ you just need to skip it.

The Briscoes, Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe
Did not appear in 2017 WH-128

The Briscoes continue to be among the top tag teams in the world, even after 17 years as a unit. Their careers still center around Ring of Honor, where they won their tenth and eleventh tag team championships this year. They’ve had very good matches against PCO & Brody King, Guerrillas of Destiny, and Bandido & Mark Haskins this year, and they even returned to CMLL this year.

Lady Maravilla

Maravilla is the heel at the center of the love triangle between herself, Big Mami, and Nina Hamburguesa. She’s a solid luchadora who can help a match be good, and she’s very good at being a shitheel.

Andrade
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Cesaro

Andrade is one of the best in-ring workers on the WWE main roster. His matches are often great when given the chance to be; both of his January matches with Rey Mysterio were great, and he’s more recently had very good bouts with Chad Gable and Rey (again). It’s seemingly always said that WWE wants to have a Mexican superstar, so maybe one day they’ll get fully behind Andrade.

Juice Robinson
Eliminated in Round 2 of 2017 WH-128 by Hiromu Takahashi

Juice’s career rejuventation continues in New Japan. He’s become a cult favorite there and is one of the highlights of their midcard. He has two reigns with the United States championship under his belt, and had very good matches with Jon Moxley, Jay White, and Tomohiro Ishii during the G1. He has an amazing amount of charisma and has a good argument to be the best promo in wrestling today.

Riho

Riho became the first ever AEW Women’s World Champion in front of one of the loudest crowds in recent memory. She’s a natural babyface who projects a lot of energy and is talented in the ring. Despite her small size, she should be a top joshi for years.

Lance Archer

Archer had a coming out party in this year’s G1. In his worst case scenario, he “only” had a good match, and most of his outings were great. This was a great surprise, since most people going in expected him to be around the level of Bad Luck Fale. After years of being misused by WWE & Impact, Archer’s finally showing everything he can do.

Hirooki Goto
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Kenny Omega
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2015 by Seth Rollins
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2013 by Karl Anderson

New Japan’s Father of the Year (every year), Goto’s had a year filled with great matches. Both of his matches with Shingo Takagi were really great, and his pair of matches with Jay White and his match against Ishii were all great. He may never be the main eventer that it seemed like he’d be five years ago, but he should always be able to put on great matches as long as he’s close to his prime.

Sami Zayn
Eliminated in Round 4 of 2017 WH-128 by Kota Ibushi
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2015 by Sasha Banks
Eliminated in Round 4 in 2013 by Prince Devitt
Eliminated in The Semi-Finals in 2011 by Bryan Danielson
Eliminated in The Semi-Finals in 2009 by Shawn Michaels
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2007 by Rob Van Dam

Zayn’s 2019 has had… an interesting year. He’s come back from double rotator cuff surgery (I can only imagine how much that sucked), turned heel, cut a long series of promos about how the fans suck, and then has lost almost every time he’s been on TV. He’s still charismatic & a good worker.

Caristico
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Kassius Ohno
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2015 by Becky Lynch
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2013 by Cody Rhodes
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2011 by Low Ki

This is the former Sin Cara. He hasn’t reached the dizzying heights of his popularity in Mexico in WWE, but he’s still a big star in Mexico and near the top of the CMLL roster. He had a great match with Ultimo Guerrero this past April and Volador Jr. in January. He’s also been in many great trios matches this year.

Ultimo Guerrero
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Minoru Suzuki

The MVP of CMLL, Ultimo Guerrero is still a great worker despite being on his way to turning 48. He’s been the central point of the promotion for a couple of years now. This year’s he’s had great matches with Caristico, plus in various tags with his stablemates Euforia and Gran Guerrero.

Volador Jr.
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by John Cena

Volador Jr. is a top worker for CMLL, and will only move up the card with the exit of Rush & Dragon Lee. His Fantasticamania match against Caristico was one of the best of the year. He’s also been in a lot of very good tag & trios matches as well.

The Hardy Boyz, Jeff & Matt
Jeff: eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Chris Jericho
Matt: eliminated in Round 2 of 2017 WH-128 by Pete Dunne

The Hardys are one of the best tag teams of all time and are still adding to their world title count. They won their twelfth tag team championship in April, though they had to forfeit it a few weeks later due to an injury to Jeff. If they can stay healthy and if Jeff can stay clean, they’ll be a major tag team where ever they are.

Session Moth Martina

To be entirely honest, Session Moth Martina is not someone I’m very familiar with, but I know she’s developed a huge cult following based off of her work in the UK. She’s signed with Ring of Honor, but she hasn’t done too much there due to that company not really utilizing their women’s division properly. She’s a former ICW and OTT champion.

Guerrillas of Destiny, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa

A couple of years ago, G.O.D. felt like they were in contention for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship by default, but they’ve improved their game to the point that they’re deserving champions. They’ve had great feuds with EVIL & SANADA and the Briscoes, while holding both New Japan & Ring of Honor’s tag titles.

Private Party, Isiah Kassidy & Marc Quen

The upstarts of the AEW tag division, Private Party recorded an upset win over the Young Bucks on the second episode of Dynamite about an hour before I wrote this. They’re a very promising team with a lot of charisma and even more athleticism. There’s a lot to be seen with these two, but it’s a very exciting future.

Mercedes Martinez

Martinez has spent most of the past decade plus as one of the top female independent wrestlers in the United States. She, and Cheerleader Melissa, have spent almost a full year as the SHIMMER Tag Team Champions. Martinez appeared in both Mae Young Classics so far, reaching the semifinals in the first one.

Yuki Kamifuku

Kamiyu, as she prefers to be known, has perhaps earned more accolades for her bizarre tweets than her achievements in the ring. From the moment her entrance theme, "Old McDonald Had a Farm" hits to the end of the match, Kamiyu adds a farcical element to TJPW proceedings. However, her new alliance with Yuna Manase and Mina Shirakawa - Cat's Pye - brings it with it the opportunity for championship gold as Kamiyu and Mina enter the hunt for tag team gold. Thanks to George W Bushi for his help with this profile!

Erick Rowan

The Vintner is getting a big push this year, going from Daniel Bryan’s intellectual equal and muscle to a main event heel on his own. He and Luke Harper just had a great tornado tag team match against Bryan & Roman Reigns.

this was before I had really figured out the style guide for this tourney’s images but I also don’t feel like going back to fix it so sorry

Roppongi 3k, SHO & YOH

Sho & Yoh are already a great tag team, having won the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship three times just six years into their career. They both had great runs in Best of the Super Junior tournament as individuals, and they’ve had really good matches against BUSHI & Shingo Takagi and Aussie Open.

El Phantasmo

The latest Canadian export to join New Japan, Phantasmo is currently both the RevPro British Cruiserweight Champion and half of the IWGP Junior Tag Team Champions. His partnership with Taiji Ishimori has lead to great tag matches with Robbie Eagles & Will Ospreay, and he’s also had great singles matches against Ospreay, Eagles, and Rocky Romero.

Buddy Murphy

Murphy has taken a big step forward over the past two years, doing so well in NXT and 205 Live that he was elevated to the main roster. He’s had really good matches with Akira Tozawa, Tony Nese, Roman Reigns, and Daniel Bryan. He should keep getting featured in WWE, as he’s as likely to have a great match as anyone on the roster.

PCO

PCO’s had an unexpected career resurgence since the last WH-128. Taking bumps that would hurt for anyone, let alone a 51 year old man. He’s joined the Villain Enterprises stable and has been in great tag matches. He and Brody King’s street fight tag against the Briscoes was great.

Joey Ryan

Joey Ryan’s back on his bullshit. Not a lot has changed for him since 2017, with him still working the indies and DDT, and he’s still doing a lot of dick-based comedy.

Shotaro Ashino

Shotaro Ashino is the ace of Wrestle-1, where he’s been their top champion twice now. He just debuted in 2015, and he’s already having great matches with T-Hawk and Seigo Tachibana. He’s currently one half of their tag team champions with Yusuke Kodama as Enfants Terrible, and their September 1st defense this year against El Lindaman and Shigehiro Irie has good reviews.

Your ballot:

The Briscoes vs. Lady Maravilla vs. Andrade
Juice Robinson vs. Riho vs. Lance Archer
Hirooki Goto vs. Sami Zayn vs. Caristico
Ultimo Guerrero vs. Volador Jr. vs. The Hardy Boyz
Session Moth Martina vs. Guerrillas of Destiny vs. Private Party
Mercedes Martinez vs. Yuki Kamifuku vs. Erick Rowan
Roppongi 3k vs. El Phantasmo vs. Buddy Murphy
PCO vs. Joey Ryan vs. Shotaro Ashino

Voting closes at 7 p.m. Eastern on Friday, or whenever I get in front of a computer after that.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Juice Robinson
Hirooki Goto (sorry for what Vince has done to you Sami but you're lame as hell now and Goto still has 5* matches)
Ultimo Guerrero
Session Moth Martina
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k
PCO

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The Briscoes
Juice Robinson
Hirooki Goto
Ultimo Guerrero
Guerrillas of Destiny
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k
PCO

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Andrade
Riho
Sami Zayn
Ultimo Guerrero
Session Moth Martina
Mercedes Martinez
Buddy Murphy
PCO

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Andrade
Juice Robinson
Caristico
Ultimo Guerrero
Session Moth Martinez
Roppongi 3k
PCO

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Andrade
Lance Archer
Hirooki Goto
Ultimo Guerrero
Session Moth Martina
Yuki Kamifuku
Roppongi 3k
Shotaro Ashino

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
The Briscoes
Riho
Hirooki Goto
The Hardy Boyz
Private Party
Yuki Kamifuku
Roppongi 3k
PCO

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The Briscoes
Juice Robinson
Sami Zayn
Ultimo Guerrero
Guerrillas of Destiny
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k
PCO

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Andrade
Juice Robinson
Sami Zayn
The Hardy Boyz
Guerrillas of Destiny
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k (3k 3k)
PCO

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Andrade
Riho
Hirooki Goto
Ultimo Guerrero
Private Party
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k
PCO

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Punch McLightning posted:

LAX 25
Sareee 7
Hikaru Shida 5
Interesting that this is such a landslide despite a lot of people (including myself) seeing this as such a close call.

Andrade
Riho
Hirooki Goto
Volador Jr.
Guerrillas of Destiny, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
Mercedes Martinez
El Phantasmo
PCO

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Lady Maravilla
Lance Archer
Hirooki Goto
Volador Jr.
Guerrillas of Destiny
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k
Shotaro Ashino

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Andrade (Cien Almas)
Riho
Hirooki Goto
Ultimo Guerrero
Session Moth Martina
Mercedes Martinez
Buddy Murphy
PCO

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Lady Maravilla
Riho
Caristico
Ultimo Guerrero
Session Moth
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k 3k 3k
PCO

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lady Maravilla
Lance Archer
Caristico
Volador Jr
Session Moth Martina
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3K
PCO

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Andrade
Juice Robinson
Hirooki Goto
Private Party
Roppongi 3k
PCO

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dangit I missed a vote!

Andrade
Juice Robinson
Sami Zayn
Ultimo Guerrero
Private Party
Erick Rowan
Buddy Murphy
Joey Ryan

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The Briscoes
Juice Robinson
.Caristico
Ultimo Guerrero
Guerrillas of Destiny
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k
PCO v

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Andrade
Riho
Sami Zayn
Hardy Boyz
Private Party
Erick Rowan
Roppongi 3k
Joey Ryan

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
The Briscoes
Juice Robinson
Sami Zayn
Volador Jr.
Private Party
Erick Rowan
El Phantasmo
PCO

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Briscoes
Riho
Hirooki Goto
Ultimo Guerrero
Private Party
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k
Joey Ryan

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Andrade
Riho
Sami Zayn
The Hardy Boyz
Private Party
Mercedes Martinez
El Phantasmo
PCO

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Andrade over the briscoe bigots
Lance Archer
Hirooki Goto
Ultimo Guerrero
Session Moth Martina
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k
PCO

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Andrade
Riho
Hirooki Goto
Private Party
Mercedes Martinez
Buddy Murphy
PCO

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Andrade
Juice Robinson
Sami Zayn
The Hardy Boyz
Guerrillas of Destiny
Erick Rowan
PCO

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Andrade
Juice Robinson
Sami Zayn
Ultimo Guerrero
Session Moth Martina
Yuki Kamifuku
Roppongi 3k
PCO

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Round 1.4

Arrrrrgh this round had two of the hardest picks where I love all three people gently caress youuuuuuuuuu

Andrade "Cien" Almas - deserves it just for that Takeover match with Johnny Gargano from last year
Riho - Arrrrgh! Archer's come on so well and I love Juice to bits but I came into this tournament so hype to vote for Riho so dagnabbit I'm voting for Riho
Hirooki Goto - Samurai Dad's G1 resurgence won me over so much
Volador Jr - the best of the CMLL dudes I see in NJPW not named Dragon Lee
Private Party - these guys are going to be such a big loving deal
Mercedes Martinez - HIRE HER TONY YOU COWARD
El Phantasmo - Arrrrgh! #2 Buddy's an awesome wrestler and R3K are a pair of beautiful boys but it's been amazing seeing a guy I discovered at a local indie go on to become one of NJPW's biggest stars
Joey Ryan - entertaining on BTE

Andrade "Cien" Almas
Riho
Hirooki Goto
Volador Jr
Private Party
Mercedes Martinez
El Phantasmo
Joey Ryan

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
The Briscoes
Juice Robinson
Sami Zayn
Volador Jr.
Session Moth Martina
Mercedes Martinez
El Phantasmo
PCO

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Andrade
Riho
Hirooki Goto
Volador Jr.
Private Party
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k
PCO

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
Andrade Cien Almas
Juice Robinson
Hirooki Goto
Volador Jr.
G.O.D.
Erick Rowan
El Phantasmo
PCO

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Punch McLightning posted:

Juice Robinson vs. Riho vs. Lance Archer

you are history's greatest monster

Lance Archer
Hirooki Goto
Volador Jr.
Private Party
Mercedes Martinez
El Phantasmo
PCO

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Briscoes
Lance Archer
Hirooki Goto
Volador Jr
Private Party
Mercedes Martinez
Roppongi 3k
Shotaro Ashino

The Briscoes are the best tag team of this millennium despite being trashfire human beings. It's wrestling, they are all trashfire human beings.
Really wanted to vote for Juice but Suzukigun ichiban. Archer has been an exceptionally fun act since Davey Boy Smith Jr got in the huff and quite New Japan (for understandable reasons)
Roppongi 3K are great & Sho is a future IWGP Heavyweight Champ, believe that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Andrade
Juice Robinson
Hirooki Goto
Volador Jr.
Private Party