Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
normally when politicians do poo poo like this it makes me cringe, but this actually owns???

https://twitter.com/sashakalra/status/1184894252343529473?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
dammit I hate it when people at work talk politics or who they voted for because I have to work with them and I don't want their dumb views annoying the poo poo out of me.

sure vote for the social conservative parachute candidate because you want to vote for the party which also sucks and will roll back environmental protection and a host of other things for no clearly defined reasons other than "they won't waste my taxes" lol

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

normally when politicians do poo poo like this it makes me cringe, but this actually owns???

https://twitter.com/sashakalra/status/1184894252343529473?s=20

Positive Meme Energy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Jagmemementum

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
It's going to be even sadder when he inevitably loses now

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

if the ndp does enough to prevent the libs or the cons from gaining a plurality, that is a win

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tighclops posted:

It's going to be even sadder when he inevitably loses now

polling currently has him at almost exactly the level the NDP won in 2015, considering they were languishing near single digits for most of the last four years the party would probably consider that a win and keep him around

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

wow PM tiktok!

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

if only jagmeet had more charisma

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

:canada:

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

That's just cruel, that horse is a diabetic!

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Canadian consumerist nationalism goes far enough to shields cops from being paid to eat donuts

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

this one had me rolling
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylekulinski/status/1184564557827719174?s=12

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!

tbf with biden and being handsy it's not like just some photos from specific incidents, it's like every photo he's in

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

government sent me a voter card for my current name and my old name. I'm not going to vote twice but I hope stuff like this doesn't contribute to voter turnout stats, lol.

The election after I transitioned and changed my name the poor guy at the voting station was very confused and thought I was the wife of my old name who had moved in with him and was trying to vote in his riding. I did my best to explain it because I'm open about my gender status but I guess that confusion is why this is happening.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

trans voices getting a disproportionate large say in government because government can’t get their heads around it is fine in my book

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
more 👏 trans 👏 voter 👏 fraud👏

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

be trans do frauds

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Eox posted:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

BattleMaster posted:

government sent me a voter card for my current name and my old name. I'm not going to vote twice but I hope stuff like this doesn't contribute to voter turnout stats, lol.

The election after I transitioned and changed my name the poor guy at the voting station was very confused and thought I was the wife of my old name who had moved in with him and was trying to vote in his riding. I did my best to explain it because I'm open about my gender status but I guess that confusion is why this is happening.

They keep doing this to me too. I had the supervisor at the polling station mark it as a duplicate but they should probably have a specific note for trans people changing names and getting extra voter cards because of that since this seems to be coming up so often and they work on trans inclusion in other respects.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
They did it to everybody who changed names jeez you guys aren't that special

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Postess with the Mostest posted:

or maybe everyone is special hmm?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Saw some people kicking the poo poo out of election signs on my way to work, lmao

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Saw some people kicking the poo poo out of election signs on my way to work, lmao

Yeah, all the NDP signs in my area were destroyed again.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Powershift posted:

Yeah, all the NDP signs in my area were destroyed again.

Nah these guys were going for the blues and greens :shrug:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I heard climate activists are going to cause traffic disruption in downtown Vancouver today. A good idea but will there be a difference from a normal day?!?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

makes u think

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

god loving drat that's a good point

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So if most Canadians voted for "not the conservatives", the conservatives will be stopped, you say?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

DariusLikewise posted:

makes u think

i like that they can't quite wrap their heads around the concept that a coalition is still only possible if the combined parties hold more seats.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

univbee posted:

So if most Canadians voted for "not the conservatives", the conservatives will be stopped, you say?

it's undemocratic!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

no canadians are special

theyre all scum

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Eox posted:

Before my electoral district was redrawn (I'm assuming as my neighbourhood slowly begins to gentrify and Elections Manitoba gerrymandered the gently caress out of things) the Provincial Conservative candidate was a woman of African descent. Don't assume that non cis, women, and racialized people can't support trash parties.

But BattleMaster and Arivia are cool they can both have two votes.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

priznat posted:

I heard climate activists are going to cause traffic disruption in downtown Vancouver today. A good idea but will there be a difference from a normal day?!?

Vancouver doesn't seem particularly bad unless there's a hockey game or anti-pipeline protestors block the viaduct

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Vancouver doesn't seem particularly bad unless there's a hockey game or anti-pipeline protestors block the viaduct

I just like to bitch about it on the occasion when I do venture down there in a car (usually not a good plan)

Lately even Burnaby and Coquitlam have been hellish mostly because of the neverending fortis pipeline upgrade destruction and constant tower construction.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

The trick to parking downtown is pay for a resident tag once and then just trust that parking enforcement people don't bother to check the date as long as they can see the shiny sticker. Going on month 5 of parking in the west end with an invalid tag :getin:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The trick to parking downtown is pay for a resident tag once and then just trust that parking enforcement people don't bother to check the date as long as they can see the shiny sticker. Going on month 5 of parking in the west end with an invalid tag :getin:

lol do they not color code based on when it expires?

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I did this very successfully with university parking until some enforcement guy noticed and started specifically looking for my car anywhere on campus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It's pretty gross with the rain, and they don't have any planned route, they're just gonna march where they feel like.

I'm kinda worried for the protesters tbh. Suits getting off work won't mind driving a bit more dangerously to evade the rain and traffic to get home and start their weekend, they don't care if one of "those punks wasting everyone's time" gets run over for what they probably see as illegal activity. Like the people that drive to commute downtown are super far removed from the kids protesting this stuff.

I already fear for my life walking downtown in normal conditions sometimes because of how crazy negligent drivers can be. Add in climate anxiety, bourgeois clinging to wealth, dangerous driving habits, and the relentless rain... And it does not sound like a good mix at all.

Here's hoping everyone stays safe.