Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

knox_harrington posted:

Actual cat for semi palate cleanse. He is helping with my work this afternoon.

Is he an elderly boy?
He looks like my late boy.

Monkey's Paw:

I found the original online:

"It moved," he cried, with a glance of disgust at the object as it lay on the
floor. "As I wished, it twisted in my hand like a snake."

Guavanaut posted:

A bit like how people watching Seinfeld for the first time in the 2010s think that it's all so unoriginal and overdone, because it invented half the stuff that got done to death subsequently. Same with the Scream movies and slasher flicks.

I remember sitting in a pub in the mid 90s with a friend of dubious musical tastes and Metallica came on. (Original Metallica from the mid-late 80s when they were well hard, before they sold out... anyway) and he said "Oh this is good, sounds a bit like Nirvana". :smh: Wimpy pathetic weak copy of Metallica maybe...

Catte & Owle taxe:

Fum and Gebra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0nxsE196Xc

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
https://twitter.com/GuardianHeather/status/1185193150433943552

quote:

As Letwin explained in the debate yesterday, his aim is to close a loophole in the Benn Act, the legislation forces the PM to request a Brexit extension if a deal has not been passed by the end of tomorrow. A vote in favour of the deal tomorrow would have meant there was no need for the PM to request an extension. But if the withdrawal agreement bill (WAB) failed to get through parliament by 31 October, the UK could end up leaving with no-deal by accident. Letwin’s amendment would lead to the PM having to request an extension tomorrow, on the proviso that if the WAB gets through by the end of October, at that point the extension would be withdrawn. You could call it a backstop.

snort

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Oh for fucks sake.

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift
Zeno's Brexit

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If they aren't confident it will get voted down then it makes sense to try to make sure the UK doesn't implode by accident in the event it does.

I did suggest they'd probably try to amend it before voting it down.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
In hindsight maybe we should have gone for an election in October

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

mediadave posted:

In hindsight maybe we should have gone for an election in October

That would have guaranteed a NDB as Bojo would have picked the date of the election

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Aramoro posted:

We had a very serious sit down meeting about get the £40K invoice for penetration testing signed off with out CEO and it still made everyone giggle somewhat.

I'm in the process of preparing for the Oscp exam to be a pen tester (bring on the jokes).

But drat. £40k was that just internal stuff or was it production based stuff too?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

namesake posted:

Well that'd be the horrendous disruption period in a no deal with all kinds of emergency measures getting enforced to keep the power structure intact so yeah?

A controlled exit and reasserting democratic accountability and control of the economy is the best outcome.

The DUP should not decide who rules Britain. MPs should vote for Johnson’s deal, and those who dislike its details should save their fight for the transition. Exit now would at last draw the Brexit poison from daily politics. It would lift the threat of no deal, and hopefully open the door to a calmer negotiation of Britain’s European future. It is time, surely, to end this agony.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

HauntedRobot posted:

Zeno's Brexit

lol

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Is he an elderly boy?
He looks like my late boy.

Yeah he's a bit crumbly now at 19yrs but still seems to be having a decent time.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

HauntedRobot posted:

Zeno's Brexit
I hear the gammons are terrified of him.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

knox_harrington posted:

Yeah he's a bit crumbly now at 19yrs but still seems to be having a decent time.

My boy went skinny like that in the back legs when he was 15/16 (he died at 16). He had arthritis and got to a point he couldn't get in the litter tray so I put puppy training pads round it for him.
Hope he lives long and prospers.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The DUP should not decide who rules Britain. MPs should vote for Johnson’s deal, and those who dislike its details should save their fight for the transition. Exit now would at last draw the Brexit poison from daily politics. It would lift the threat of no deal, and hopefully open the door to a calmer negotiation of Britain’s European future. It is time, surely, to end this agony.

Source your quotes

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Its Brexit forever now, I'm afraid. Brexit until the end of time. leave or stay, all anyone will ever talk about is Brexit. The agony will never end.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Wtf is this

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Commentariat.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Vlex posted:

Source your quotes

i honestly can't tell the gray white males apart

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

"Britains European Future!" sounds like the slogan you'd see on a faded, crumbling 1950s style billboard showing happy families as you drive into the mad max hellscape of Britains Actual Future.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Exit now would at last draw the Brexit poison from daily politics. It would lift the threat of no deal, and hopefully open the door to a calmer negotiation of Britain’s European future. It is time, surely, to end this agony.

As I wrote in November, what is needed is a national narrative to explain how Brexit has led to this, and what the alternatives could be. This was the case with the referendum: if there had been only one referendum about leaving the EU, there would have been one single explanation.

Instead, our country has two referendums, and each involves a wide range of questions. The first was about leaving the EU. It was a referendum on the "remain" option, not on any of the alternatives. The second was about what kind of future Britain should build. Both are complex, not least because the EU is itself complex. It is a vast entity with many institutions and rules, whose members are not just European but also, in many respects, different. It is not a simple trade deal with the EU:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

I'm in the process of preparing for the Oscp exam to be a pen tester (bring on the jokes).

But drat. £40k was that just internal stuff or was it production based stuff too?

It's for 3 different web facing applications, SAAS based, I think we had quotes between £17K and £40K but the low prices was so low that we're a bit suspicious of it, we may give them a try and see how they do.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Guavanaut posted:

Exit now would at last draw the Brexit poison from daily politics. It would lift the threat of no deal, and hopefully open the door to a calmer negotiation of Britain’s European future. It is time, surely, to end this agony.

As I wrote in November, what is needed is a national narrative to explain how Brexit has led to this, and what the alternatives could be. This was the case with the referendum: if there had been only one referendum about leaving the EU, there would have been one single explanation.

Instead, our country has two referendums, and each involves a wide range of questions. The first was about leaving the EU. It was a referendum on the "remain" option, not on any of the alternatives. The second was about what kind of future Britain should build. Both are complex, not least because the EU is itself complex. It is a vast entity with many institutions and rules, whose members are not just European but also, in many respects, different. It is not a simple trade deal with the EU:

is this a markov chain

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I think we should just abolish the PMship and just let Parliament run the show, it's such a loving farce at this point.

How can you arrange a deal to enable no deal, that's a massive contradiction in and of itself. Also where is all the "MY DEMOCRACY, THIS IS A COUP" against the Tories with this new development, essentially nullifying the "brexit with a deal" stance that people hold who are opinionated but not colossal cunting fuckwits like the ERG and don't want no deal?

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 18, 2019

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I say let the DUP rule Britain for a while.
See how you lot like it.
Can't be any worse than the current lot, with the upside of more angry Question Time!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

is this a markov chain
It's an machine learning thing that appears to be fed on Guardian and Independent articles.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What happened to combitch btw?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

My boy went skinny like that in the back legs when he was 15/16 (he died at 16). He had arthritis and got to a point he couldn't get in the litter tray so I put puppy training pads round it for him.
Hope he lives long and prospers.

Yeah sadly his hyperthyroidism needs daily meds and he also has arthritis which he quite often needs painkillers for but aren't good for his kidneys in the long run. QoL is OK for now.

Infuriatingly when my girlfriend took him to the vet when we moved country they gave him loving homeopathic tablets for his thyroid. Placebo effect apparently not that effective on cats.

e: Booo
https://twitter.com/lbcbreaking/status/1185231259267715072

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Got purged, we're all traitors to the revolution now.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Tesseraction posted:

What happened to combitch btw?

Pegged so hard by a duchess he became bourg

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Could be the dam breaking for Labour MPs in Leave constituencies
https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1185230043766763520

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

knox_harrington posted:

Infuriatingly when my girlfriend took him to the vet when we moved country they gave him loving homeopathic tablets for his thyroid. Placebo effect apparently not that effective on cats.
What lovely rear end vets are doing homeopathy on cats?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Doccykins posted:

Could be the dam breaking for Labour MPs in Leave constituencies
https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1185230043766763520

Almost like promising no consequences for doing this is going to gently caress everything up.

If we end up Brexiting on Boris' terms, on the back of Labour votes, after Labour turned down an election, this will be remembered as one of the most catastrophic tactical mistakes in political history. Not gonna lie.

Carnafex
Sep 6, 2006
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Quick question, searched the thread but it's moving fast: does anyone have the links to the brexit deep dive articles posted a little while back?
There were seven of them from around May or so and excellent quality into what happened with all the Ireland stuff and everything.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

CyberPingu posted:

Wtf is this

Well we found out who Pissflaps' alt is pretty quick.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

jabby posted:

Almost like promising no consequences for doing this is going to gently caress everything up.

If we end up Brexiting on Boris' terms, on the back of Labour votes, after Labour turned down an election, this will be remembered as one of the most catastrophic tactical mistakes in political history. Not gonna lie.

So voting for the Letwin amendment still helps Johnson?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Brony Car posted:

So voting for the Letwin amendment still helps Johnson?

Ten Labour MPs have apparently said they'll back Johnson's deal, which gives him a majority barring any huge surprises.

That makes Letwin irrelevant, even if it passes Johnson can send the extension letter to the EU and then immediately call MV4 and win it, removing the need for an extension.

Expect to hear Labour being blamed for Brexit by the Lib Dems, the SNP, the Greens, and everybody else until roughly the end of time.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

knox_harrington posted:

Yeah sadly his hyperthyroidism needs daily meds and he also has arthritis which he quite often needs painkillers for but aren't good for his kidneys in the long run. QoL is OK for now.

e: Booo
https://twitter.com/lbcbreaking/status/1185231259267715072

Not sure where you're based now, but when I lived in Egypt with my kitties, there were no special pet meds available so we all had to learn how to use appropriate doses of human meds to treat our pets. (Apparently pet meds are just that anyway in most cases despite the outrageous prices).

I used to give my boy some kids' painkiller (bright yellow banana flavoured ketofan?) every 2-3 days and he'd be dancing around like a kitten for up to a day afterwards.

I found some stuff for my girl's hyperthyroidism (she had become an eating and making GBS threads machine) in the local pharmacy - it was about 50p for 100. Obviously didn't cure it - cures such as radiotherapy for cats being unavailable in Cairo - but after a week curbed the symptoms and I didn't need to give it her anymore. I think it was called Carbimazole.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Carnafex posted:

Quick question, searched the thread but it's moving fast: does anyone have the links to the brexit deep dive articles posted a little while back?
There were seven of them from around May or so and excellent quality into what happened with all the Ireland stuff and everything.

Junior G-man posted:

Crossposting this from the UK thread because it's so good; An Irish journalist called Chris Cook wrote up a six piece long read on the inside-no. 10-baseball on Brexit during May's time, and how that played out during the negotiations. It's superb and you should all read it:

https://members.tortoisemedia.com/2019/05/18/brexit-part-one/content.html
https://members.tortoisemedia.com/2019/05/18/brexit-part-2/content.html
https://members.tortoisemedia.com/2019/05/19/brexit-day-part-3/content.html
https://members.tortoisemedia.com/2019/05/19/brexit-part-4/content.html
https://members.tortoisemedia.com/2019/05/25/brexit-part-5/content.html
https://members.tortoisemedia.com/2019/05/25/brexit-part-6/content.html
https://members.tortoisemedia.com/2019/05/26/brexit-part-7/content.html
https://members.tortoisemedia.com/2019/05/26/brexit-epilogue/content.html

Definitely a long read but well worth it. It's extremely well written and the guy definitely spoke to a lot of good sources.

Carnafex
Sep 6, 2006
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Great articles.

Theyre the ones, cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

jabby posted:

Ten Labour MPs have apparently said they'll back Johnson's deal, which gives him a majority barring any huge surprises.

That makes Letwin irrelevant, even if it passes Johnson can send the extension letter to the EU and then immediately call MV4 and win it, removing the need for an extension.

Expect to hear Labour being blamed for Brexit by the Lib Dems, the SNP, the Greens, and everybody else until roughly the end of time.

That sounds pretty horrible. I don’t recall the signs being this bad during the May deal attempts.