Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dammit all to hell, I was so busy rolling tires down a hill in Destiny 2 I missed a star citizen argument straight out of 2016.

I hope capcom reboots Ghosts N Goblins so it can sell exactly 5 copies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

aw drat i didn't even think of ghosts and goblins, gussy that bad boy up with some shovel knight/the messenger polish and that would be extremely my poo poo

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
After the Megaman Zero Collection, we could get a Megaman Battle Network Collection

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't know if megaman qualifies as a dead franchise considering they squirt out one title or another or a bundle of old ones every other year

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
hear me out on this one star citizen reboot

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Okami 3 opens with the ufo landing in the promised land or whatever only for the camera to pull back and it's Joe watching a movie

This needs to happen the world is still in danger one last time. :ohdear:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All franchises are creative poison imo, but also so many of them are good games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Was Ghosts n Goblins the first game where damage makes your clothes fall off

true innovation

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also, port Monster Hunter Stories to switch you cowards

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Cowcaster posted:

i don't know if megaman qualifies as a dead franchise considering they squirt out one title or another or a bundle of old ones every other year

Mega Man 11 only came out last year, you basically missed an 8-year window prior to declare it dead. Sorry.

Also in researching this post I discovered there was an official Capcom release of a Street Fighter X Mega Man fan game in 2012.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

hear me out on this one star citizen reboot

hmm in the RE2 engine yes yes

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Help Im Alive posted:

Was Ghosts n Goblins the first game where damage makes your clothes fall off

true innovation

that was strip pong

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

a new numbered original series megaman sure, but they've dropped two separate collection bundles on steam over the past few years, including the already mentioned zero one coming up, and stuck the guy in smash bros (two different smash bros?). it's kind of like how there hasn't been a standard castlevania game in something like 10 years either, but there's been ports, mobile games, and spinoffs coming out the wazoo from konami

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'll always remember this piece of advice from a nineties video game magazine: all video games are more fun if you play them naked with your friends
i think that was in a review of a bad game or something

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 18, 2019

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Ghosts n Gotchapon

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Can someone explain to me what they're turning Humble Monthly into I don't understand

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

No more secret games but the number of them you can choose to keep depends on how much you're subscribed for. Only the people who are subscribed when they change the model(No date yet) can pick the best option(Classic).

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Looks like instead of "here's a surprise random bunch of games", they'll present a bunch of games, and you get to pick a number of them. How many you get to pick depends on your subscription. The 'classic' subscription seems to be the cheapest (per game), and it's only grandfathered to subscribers before this upcoming change.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Humble Monthly was a cool mix of full price games and tiny indie titles and I'm not sure how that works when you're picking 3 for $15. Like I don't know if anyone new is going to sign up for this.

I did learn that if you're subscribed under the "classic" plan you can pause for a month and not lose it so I guess I'll stick it out? Very weird.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Why is it 9 for $20. Why are you picking one game to not keep, or is it more than 10 games?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

I'm thinking they're trying to get the people who don't want an endless torrent of games. The low end subscriptions are aimed at people looking to pick just the good stuff for cheap, the high end for those who don't mind just trying everything for themselves.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So is Outer Worlds just like, Fallout in space or what

As someone who hates the way Fallout looks, this game looks a lot like it and I do not think it looks very good visually. And the main girl they have in the trailers, her talking animation is really bad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Macaluso posted:

So is Outer Words just like, Fallout in space or what

As someone who hates the way Fallout looks, this game looks a lot like it and I do not think it looks very good visually. And the main girl they have in the trailers, her talking animation is really bad

It's Fallout in space, but with all of the great writing and experience of Obsidian and all of their games since Fallout New Vegas, with a few other people that have been making computer RPGs since the 90s.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Macaluso posted:

So is Outer Worlds just like, Fallout in space or what

It looks like it's almost literally Fallout New Vegas 2 so if you don't want that I'd skip it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That’s exactly what it is, specifically New Vegas in space.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I can't wait for new vegas in space.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Although the graphics fall way short compared to some upcoming RPGS, such as Cyberpunk, Outer Worlds still looks great and I am really hyped for it. I think Outer Worlds was developed with all current gen platforms in mind from the start, and that is why it's also coming to Nintendo Switch later.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
*In a Neil deGrasse Tyson voice* New Vegas technically already took place in space

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kurtofan posted:

I can't wait for new vegas in space.

Same

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Nobody told me Barnes & nobles sold sex toys now

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Can Bethesda please just give up the Fallout license to Obsidian. They'll never make a good Fallout game anyway.

Old video, but I stumbled upon this and thought it was amazing, it's uncanny how similar it feels to King's Field with the change in perspective (and the resolution downgrade sell it really well too).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T8nb45F-v8

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Nobody told me Barnes & nobles sold sex toys now

A copy of "Guts" and another Sock Monkey please!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
do not under any circumstances use a funko pop as a butt plug

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Big Scary Owl posted:

Can Bethesda please just give up the Fallout license to Obsidian. They'll never make a good Fallout game anyway.

Old video, but I stumbled upon this and thought it was amazing, it's uncanny how similar it feels to King's Field with the change in perspective (and the resolution downgrade sell it really well too).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T8nb45F-v8

That's really cool. I should replay King's Field 4.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

That’s exactly what it is, specifically New Vegas in space.

From what I understand the scale of the maps is way smaller, so it's probably more like Bloodlines. This isn't a bad thing imo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

do not under any circumstances use a funko pop as a butt plug

That's what amiibos are for

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

an actual dog posted:

From what I understand the scale of the maps is way smaller, so it's probably more like Bloodlines. This isn't a bad thing imo

If the only difference between the overall size of Outer Worlds is that you get a spaceship cutscene in between area transitions instead of CTDs like in New Vegas, I'll still call it even.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

All franchises are creative poison imo, but also so many of them are good games

Sometimes you need a couple tries to really nail down a formula

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Enjoying a celebratory smoothie after my first Ring Fit sesh

The game is goofy as gently caress and I'm digging it, my home exercise routine was mostly calisthenics and resistance exercises so this fits right in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dragaux for Smash