Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cuts off at The Legend of Heroes 13: Trails of Cold Steel 3: The 8th Trails game, The c

So here's the picks.

http://www.strawpoll.me/18810753

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
While Forward, Relentlesser is hilarious, I'm opting for "the perfect* starting point"

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I remember a PSN Trophy guide that was available pretty much immediately after CS2 came out in English that functioned as a max AP guide. Does anything similar already exist for CS3?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3

I don't think it matters what the title is. ......over the past few years of waiting--no, even before that--we've come a long way on our journey for this game, and we've formed something even stronger than a good title. It doesn't matter if a thread has the perfect icon. It doesn't matter if the title makes a clever joke about the game or the series in general. It doesn't even matter if it has an informative original post. No. What matters is the bond we share, and our drive to better ourselves day by day. I know that if we keep that bond, and if we keep testing ourselves, our new thread will come out on top. That's not just what I feel--I'm sure that each and every member of the Falcom thread feels exactly the same way.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 18, 2019

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'd make that the thread title if I could

Also I'm going to use the school icon

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

I remember a PSN Trophy guide that was available pretty much immediately after CS2 came out in English that functioned as a max AP guide. Does anything similar already exist for CS3?

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6566-...all-walkthrough

This what you're looking for?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah, that will presumably work just fine.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Aww, looking it up I'm disappointed Crossbell and Cold Steel are actually designated as being Legend of Heroes VII and VIII. I always hoped that in 2234 or so when Falcom finally finished the whole Kiseki saga, they'd release the entire thing in a collection just titled "The Legend of Heroes VI"

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

The Doomhammer posted:

Aww, looking it up I'm disappointed Crossbell and Cold Steel are actually designated as being Legend of Heroes VII and VIII. I always hoped that in 2234 or so when Falcom finally finished the whole Kiseki saga, they'd release the entire thing in a collection just titled "The Legend of Heroes VI"

Gonna blow our grandkids minds when Zemuria is revealed to literally be the other continent on that world.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3901576

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
gently caress I was just spoiled on something from the ending of Azure and it just makes me want to play it even mooooore.

Super huge don't click Aparently the little green haired girl Kea can just alter loving reality and changed the past within the crossbell games for reasons I am not aware of?! The gently caress?!

Its my own fault of course. drat you final boss song of Azure for being so drat good.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I feel like knowing a big spoiler years before the game is actually playable in English is worth listening to The Azure Arbitrator, aka literally one of the top ten Falcom tracks (which is saying something).

Besides, Trails is all about the storytelling anyway

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

BrightWing posted:

gently caress I was just spoiled on something from the ending of Azure and it just makes me want to play it even mooooore.

Super huge don't click Aparently the little green haired girl Kea can just alter loving reality and changed the past within the crossbell games for reasons I am not aware of?! The gently caress?!

Its my own fault of course. drat you final boss song of Azure for being so drat good.

That's not even the bigger spoiler of that game.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
That just makes me wanna play it MORE!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So which Crossbell game is the first, and where can I play it

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

tithin posted:

So which Crossbell game is the first, and where can I play it

Zero and you'll need to find an English language patch, most of which aren't great at the moment.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Some Numbers posted:

Zero and you'll need to find an English language patch, most of which aren't great at the moment.

Alternatively, wait a month or two and get a good one.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

how much of Ao will CS3 spoil if i play it first?

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
The identity of one of the villains, but that's about the only major thing. The other plot points were covered in CS 1/2.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

how much of Ao will CS3 spoil if i play it first?

the most you really get is "Weird poo poo was going down in Crossbell during CS1/2" and a couple villain identities

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ugh since i'm replaying CS i now need to go full Online Radio Silence until i've finished CS3 so i don't get spoiled

so i might as well get the bitching out of the way: nord highlands suck and alisa's mom is bad, also i hope we get to punch osborne in his stupid smug face eventually

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, uh, unrelated to all this Cold Steel discourse, I'm playing through Ys Origin, and I just finished Hugo's route (Yunica's is done), and am about to start Toal's, and I'd just like a confirmation on something

So, that demon seed in Hugo giving the whole Fact family from then on is the reason why Dark Fact in Ys 1 is evil and demonic and Keith Fact in Ys 2 looks so demonic?

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Wait, hold on. There's a Keith fact? One of these names is not like the others...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Azathoth256 posted:

Wait, hold on. There's a Keith fact? One of these names is not like the others...

he's the friendly lizardman in Ys 2

i think he looked that way because he got nailed with a curse, but the curse still interacted oddly with the Fact bloodline which is, yes, contaminated by the demonic energy Hugo accepted in Origins

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
I just love the idea there's such a thing as demonic fact energy.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Azathoth256 posted:

I just love the idea there's such a thing as demonic fact energy.

I just love the idea that there's such a thing as keith fact energy.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Oxxidation posted:

he's the friendly lizardman in Ys 2

i think he looked that way because he got nailed with a curse, but the curse still interacted oddly with the Fact bloodline which is, yes, contaminated by the demonic energy Hugo accepted in Origins

Except that Keith lives on Ys while Hugo stays behind in Esteria, so while Dark Fact is a descendant of Hugo, Keith is not.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tokyo Xanadu finally got put on a sale this week. Maybe I'll at last get to understand the context for "Fukkleducks..."

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 28, 2019

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

Tokyo Xanadu finally got put on a sale this week. Maybe I'll at last get to understand the context for "Fukkleducks..."

Make sure to chose the non-Vita version if you get it, IIRC.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

has anyone here gone through NG+ in TiTS the 3rd? Does it carry over your battle counter? Just wondering if I can avoid fights or if I'm going to have to win 400 battles all over again

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

It went on sale earlier this year and I played through it.

It's pretty good, it feels A LOT like Trails of Cold Steel 1 in structure, though the battle system is completely different.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

immediate TXeX+ impressions:

- all of these character portraits are loving adorable
- Ryouta is as gay as the day is long

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Oct 29, 2019

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
So after scanning through the thread and catching up I've got a few questions.

1) is there no official download for the Zero translation yet? I used the guide earlier in the thread a to purchase a legal copy and all I found on their site was that it's 100% complete and they are doing final testing

2) I didn't see it in the guide but is there a good place to get Ao without malware?

3) any release date on CS4 yet? or even official announcement they are bringing it west?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kou: *does literally anything while a girl his age is within ten feet*
The rest of Tokyo: LOOK AT YOU BIG DATEY DATERS DATING SO DATILY ALL OVER THE DATE

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Losem posted:

So after scanning through the thread and catching up I've got a few questions.

1) is there no official download for the Zero translation yet? I used the guide earlier in the thread a to purchase a legal copy and all I found on their site was that it's 100% complete and they are doing final testing

2) I didn't see it in the guide but is there a good place to get Ao without malware?

3) any release date on CS4 yet? or even official announcement they are bringing it west?

the new Zero translation hasn't been released yet, they're still doing QA on it i guess

I think it's safe to assume CS4 is coming but there's been no official announcement. The question is more whether we get it next year or if they'll do Ys 9 first since Ys is more popular in the west.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’ve been assuming we get Ys next and the earliest we get CS4 is late 2021.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Probably just depends on how their deal with Falcom is structured, but hopefully they manage CS4 sometime next year. A 2 year wait would be incredibly brutal, given how absolutely vicious the cliffhanger ending of 3 is - as in worse than CS1's. Maybe they can work on both at the same time with different teams?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm assuming that they're going to have a team just working on trails and even then it'll probably be 2021

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Hwurmp posted:

Kou: *does literally anything while a girl his age is within ten feet*
The rest of Tokyo: LOOK AT YOU BIG DATEY DATERS DATING SO DATILY ALL OVER THE DATE

Granted, but I do like how Kou's response is always along the lines of "stop being stupid".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
There's an Xseed weekend sale happening on Steam which pretty much means all of the Falcom games are on sale besides Ys 8.